FE:A is in two categories for Golden Joystick awards this year.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, it at least deserves handheld game of the year (Even if to me it´s GOTY, but then again I've only played FE:A this year, and not any other 2013 game.)

FEA sucks. IS, what is balance. Why remove weight? Why essentially remove the weapon triangles? Why remove the good plot? Why add in a gamebreaking pairup option? Why take massive steps down in level design and other areas?

FE9, now that was a game that deserved GOTY.

FEA sucks. IS, what is balance. Why remove weight? Why essentially remove the weapon triangles? Why remove the good plot? Why add in a gamebreaking pairup option? Why take massive steps down in level design and other areas?

lolno

9RHmsCL.jpg

The only thing I agree with on this post is the very last sentence, PoR really deserved GOTY awards (even thought it's not balanced either, maybe even less than awakening). BTW, most people here agree weight sucks (I particularly don't care, since in the games with weight I use iron things 99% of the time anyway).

Awakening is a fun game and that's what most people care about anyway.

9RHmsCL.jpg

Oh, the irony haha

Edited by Nobody

PoR didn't have the right level of popularity to be nominated for GOTY during it's time. I think it deserves both nominations, and depending on how good Pokemon XY is, should win one or both awards.

The only thing I agree with on this post is the very last sentence, PoR really deserved GOTY awards (even thought it's not balanced either, maybe even less than awakening). BTW, most people here agree weight sucks (I particularly don't care, since in the games with weight I use iron things 99% of the time anyway).

Awakening is a fun game and that's what most people care about anyway.

Oh, the irony haha

I know, mine is supposed to be a not cared about too. Shit, it's the internet.

And it took zero effort to put that image since I have it downloaded and liked which takes like 10 seconds.

I know, mine is supposed to be a not cared about too. Shit, it's the internet.

And it took zero effort to put that image since I have it downloaded and liked which takes like 10 seconds.

I'm not saying it's irony you posting the image. I'm saying the irony is my username being Nobody and I replying to him

This guy knows what he's talking about.

I don't know, I liked Awakening, but thinks that there were better games this year. Though not my final thought, for now, I would have to say Shin megami tensei 4 is a better game, and candidate for Best handheld/GOTY, even though it isn't on the list.

you see, here's what happens with SMT4:

"hey, SMT4 is a great game, totally deserves GoTY!"

".....SMT? what's that"

Most of those concerns would not be related to a Game of the Year nomination, as it's a nomination against other games this year and not other games in the series. So most reviewers would not be comparing Fire Emblem: Awakening to the previous games of the series.

PoR was a good game. I'm not sure if it was Game of the Year 2005. This awards thing is vote after all. If you don't think Awakening is Game of the Year then don't vote for it. I heard the Last of Us was pretty good. But I think it is great for the game and IS to receive 3 nominations overall.

Most of those concerns would not be related to a Game of the Year nomination, as it's a nomination against other games this year and not other games in the series. So most reviewers would not be comparing Fire Emblem: Awakening to the previous games of the series.

PoR was a good game. I'm not sure if it was Game of the Year 2005. This awards thing is vote after all. If you don't think Awakening is Game of the Year then don't vote for it. I heard the Last of Us was pretty good. But I think it is great for the game and IS to receive 3 nominations overall.

Hmm, quick google, the GOTY for most people that year was Resident Evil 4, although I like PoR more, I think, given both the franchise's popularity, I think Resi4 deserved it. I think it was also the year of Shadow of the Colossus.

I think that FE:A has levels of replay ability that most games of this year just don't have.

That alone is an accomplishment; the support log.

Hmm, quick google, the GOTY for most people that year was Resident Evil 4, although I like PoR more, I think, given both the franchise's popularity, I think Resi4 deserved it. I think it was also the year of Shadow of the Colossus.

Resident Evil 4 was a revelation for the franchise. It changed up everything about the series up to that point. And it was the most streamlined experience. No offense to PoR, but RE4 was definitely the Game of the Year. It was probably one of the top 5 games for the gamecube, maybe even number 1.

I think that FE:A has levels of replay ability that most games of this year just don't have.

That alone is an accomplishment; the support log.

I don't see any replay value with this game. I don't think I've every played a game that got boring as fast as this one.

I can't grasp how people get through this game several times. Even going through it once, was a massive test of willpower for me.

The game has barely any level design beyond putting random enemies with random weapons at random spots of the map.

All they change between chapters is to raise their levels by 1-2.

And I don't see how doing the same thing again with slightly different numbers does make the campaign any more interesting.

Not to mention you do very little actual playing because of how defense based the game is.

Edited by BrightBow