so yeah looking at the title a person who has not played much fire emblem will be attempting to beat in which many fire emblem fans consider the hardest fe game. let us see how far i get. And oh no tips please unless if i ask for them. also can anyone tell me where the best translation patch is. i watched mageknight's404 walkthrough and i couldn't understand the weapon names or anything so yeah. another thing can someone tell me how the attack forecast works in this game. hope you enjoy

another thing can someone tell me how the attack forecast works in this game.

FireEmblem-Thracia776JapanNP_00009_zpsb7

Hopefully, this should help you. I kind of suck at explaining things in vivid detail, so I took a screencap and labeled the parts that look like gibberish so that you would understand.

There is no best translation patch. The only one that anyone uses is too bad to be given any positive adjective whatsoever.

Things you can look forward to using this patch:

-Not knowing what any of the battle menus mean

-Trying to guess how long until your units are fatigued

-Accidentally throwing away weapons you meant to trade

-Being told that "Murder Hollace" is a real military strategy that actually exists

-Grievous translation errors, including a complete mistranslation of the very first sentence in the script

-Hero enemies in Chapter 24, 24x, and the Final which cause your game to crash if you mouse your cursor over them (I like to pretend they're metafictional medusa enemies)

-Strange glitches in various parts of the story, which cause parts of the script to be repeated and jankass shit like Julia talking to a second Julia

-The boss of Ch 20 speaking in incomprehensible gobbedlygook

-Names that were poorly translated on purpose, such as "Selfin" for "Selphina", because the patchmaker was too lazy to figure out how to cram more language characters into menus

-Kempf saying an "In America" joke because the patchmaker stopped giving a shit about the project basically immediately after he started it. There are more stupid jokes added in Ch 23

-A generally wooden and lifeless script because the translator was more familiar with Japanese than English

Have fun!

FireEmblem-Thracia776JapanNP_00009_zpsb7887d24.png

Hopefully, this should help you. I kind of suck at explaining things in vivid detail, so I took a screencap and labeled the parts that look like gibberish so that you would understand.

okay one mor thing as well. can you predicit the exact amount od damage being done as well as the damage being done to you. for example in your screenshot leaf's attack is 14. so will i do 14 damage?

There is no best translation patch. The only one that anyone uses is too bad to be given any positive adjective whatsoever.

Things you can look forward to using this patch:

-Not knowing what any of the battle menus mean

-Trying to guess how long until your units are fatigued

-Accidentally throwing away weapons you meant to trade

-Being told that "Murder Hollace" is a real military strategy that actually exists

-Grievous translation errors, including a complete mistranslation of the very first sentence in the script

-Hero enemies in Chapter 24, 24x, and the Final which cause your game to crash if you mouse your cursor over them (I like to pretend they're metafictional medusa enemies)

-Strange glitches in various parts of the story, which cause parts of the script to be repeated and jankass shit like Julia talking to a second Julia

-The boss of Ch 20 speaking in incomprehensible gobbedlygook

-Names that were poorly translated on purpose, such as "Selfin" for "Selphina", because the patchmaker was too lazy to figure out how to cram more language characters into menus

-Kempf saying an "In America" joke because the patchmaker stopped giving a shit about the project basically immediately after he started it. There are more stupid jokes added in Ch 23

-A generally wooden and lifeless script because the translator was more familiar with Japanese than English

Have fun!

i sure will lol Edited by Integrity

No, the damage you deal to an enemy is your attack minus their defence. In that screenshot, Leif's attack is 14 and the enemy's defence is 21 which is technically his resistance (or magic since magic and resistance are the same stat here, just like the first generation of Pokemon and the Special stat).

Leif will do 0 damage in the screenshot.

okay a few more questions how do i divide things into sections, for example interceptors guide. notice how he has the chapters in separate link sort of things. so how would i add something like that to my post?

its's cancelled

Edited by Integrity

It's not labelled though, so if you don't know what it is it won't make sense to you.

Let's tell him then!

BZ6ttj6.png

See that 19 in the second-to-last row in the left column? That's the Fatigue Meter. Every time you do an action (attacking, defending, using a staff, dancing) the meter will rise. With weapons it always rises by one, but with staffs it rises higher the higher the staff's weapon rank is. When that number goes past the unit's max HP, said unit will sit out the next map. So in the image's example, Mareeta's Fatigue meter will need to reach 45 for her to sit out the map.

BTW, the 11 above the Fatigue meter is how much movement the unit has. Yes, that Mareeta was incredibly Movement blessed.

Would you like some help figuring out what your problem was?

Also, thanks Jave for being more helpful and pointing out where the stat is.

well whenever i patch it with lunar ips ZSNES loads the rom saying bad rom and checksum fail, okay so when i go to play it the game crashes sonstantly i am actually trying to soft patch it currently but i am not sure how to due to the fe 5 patch having three different version and if i rename the rom to ips extension it might apply all three patches, also ZSNES did not seem to detect my ips patch yesterday when i attemp to patch smt 1 so now i am a bit worried

Do you know what version of the ROM the patch you're trying to use requires? There are two versions of FE5: an NP version and a V.ROM version.

Next to that, a SNES ROM may or may not be headered (a header is a superfluous amount of data added to ROM dumps for identification/other uses). So there can potentially be four versions of FE5, so long as you have legitimate dumps that aren't corrupted or anything like that:

NP with header

NP without header

V.ROM with header

V.ROM without header

Just try one ROM at a time, if you're going to try patching multiple versions. You don't want to confuse the files you have or haven't tried.

Do you know what version of the ROM the patch you're trying to use requires? There are two versions of FE5: an NP version and a V.ROM version.

Next to that, a SNES ROM may or may not be headered (a header is a superfluous amount of data added to ROM dumps for identification/other uses). So there can potentially be four versions of FE5, so long as you have legitimate dumps that aren't corrupted or anything like that:

NP with header

NP without header

V.ROM with header

V.ROM without header

Just try one ROM at a time, if you're going to try patching multiple versions. You don't want to confuse the files you have or haven't tried.

okay hopefully this works XD i did all of this with smt 1 but unfrotunately it still didn't patch