Shatterlight - ver 0.1.0 released!

LunaSaint

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, cool looking battle sprite.

Isn't the dude's portrait on the wrong side of the screen?

Oh cow, I've done this with every two-way boss conversation.

stupid japanese, putting players on the right

Edited by LunaSaint

Well, I didn't frame or script it, so some credit goes to whoever did that.

That would probably be Ciraxis, then. I knew he inserted Pascal's, wasn't sure about Kestrel's.

Edited by LunaSaint

That would probably be Ciraxis, then. I knew he inserted Pascal's, wasn't sure about Kestrel's.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, sorry Ciraxis ;_; He did both Pascal and Kestrel's btw

Edited by Haku

The release is imminent guys!

I've been working on a new title-screen:

mUQs6J1.png?1

It'd be great to get some critique as its...rather bland atm :D

It's very bright, to the point that it's difficult to make the text out.

I might suggest tweaking the brightness and contrast on the image (if you've got the text as a separate layer in an image format that supports layers, you shouldn't need to adjust as much). Running a quick test on just the image you have above in Paint Shop Pro 7, I dropped the Brightness to -35 and upped the Contrast to (+)30 and it seems to be a little easier to read while still conveying the "light"/"holy" theme. (Can post a gyazo or something if you'd like.)

Edited by Lord Glenn

It's very bright, to the point that it's difficult to make the text out.

I might suggest tweaking the brightness and contrast on the image (if you've got the text as a separate layer in an image format that supports layers, you shouldn't need to adjust as much). Running a quick test on just the image you have above in Paint Shop Pro 7, I dropped the Brightness to -35 and upped the Contrast to (+)30 and it seems to be a little easier to read while still conveying the "light"/"holy" theme. (Can post a gyazo or something if you'd like.)

I'm darkening it a bit atm :P

And yeah, feel free to post one, thanks! It should help out.

Here ya go:

f6e45796ce07686f2ee78ff7dbf56902.png

Might still need more tweaking somehow, but dropping the brightness below -35 seemed to make it a bit too dark (and I don't really like kicking the contrast much above 50)...

EDIT - Of course, the RGB values will most likely need adjusted, too. I didn't bother to autocorrect them to be multiples of 8.

Edited by Lord Glenn

If you want a bright background, I think the text needs a good outline. White text+black outline makes for almost perfect legibility on any background.

AkODwmJ.png?1

Hmm...I'm not sure whether dark text would work, but working off Glenn's here's where I've gotten now.

Is it any better? @_@

Edited by Haku

Hmm, I do think the text needs something to highlight it. Maybe just an outline around it with the darkest tone.

Glenn's contrast toggle makes the eye motif look gorgeous, though. I didn't realise quite how beautiful it was.

Hmm, I do think the text needs something to highlight it. Maybe just an outline around it with the darkest tone.

Glenn's contrast toggle makes the eye motif look gorgeous, though. I didn't realise quite how beautiful it was.

Some Shadows behind the text maybe ?

It looks great, but it's quite hard to see

AkODwmJ.png?1

Hmm...I'm not sure whether dark text would work, but working off Glenn's here's where I've gotten now.

Is it any better? @_@

Why does that eye thing in the background look like something out of Legend of Zelda?

Other than that, me gusta.

That yellow still borders on offensively bright, but the eye motif is well done.

Edited by Siuloir

Wow, now I'm on another computer I can see how bright it is. This is gonna take some work...

Yellow does not make for the best of background to be fair, though I can see where you're going with it. Perhaps try a more orange-ish hue?

• 2 weeks later...

Just released the last internal patch before things go public (don't expect a title screen with this first release though >< )

Big first post revamp incoming in the next couple days \o/