Shatterlight - ver 0.1.0 released!

LunaSaint

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game's coming out the 25th, right? I'll just bumrush Midnight Sun and if I'm not absolutely sick of playing Fire Emblem by then...

P.S. Klok I'll upload some 1080p HD videos I recorded just for you

I still didn't put any real effort into them, I just upgraded my toaster to a 21st century model

I'm joking as well in case anyone can't tell

Well, NOW it's Friday.

Well we're not posting it anyway until sunday or monday

The game's coming out the 25th, right? I'll just bumrush Midnight Sun and if I'm not absolutely sick of playing Fire Emblem by then...

P.S. Klok I'll upload some 1080p HD videos I recorded just for you

I still didn't put any real effort into them, I just upgraded my toaster to a 21st century model

I'm joking as well in case anyone can't tell

I honestly wouldn't mind if you did a LP to Blazer :D It would be interesting to see what you think of it.

Edited by Haku

We are going to release the public patch at midnight GMT (Its lucky for you folks in America that we're British, because you'll be getting it earlier!)

Hope you guys are excited!

Just to reaffirm, if anybody wants to let's play the hack, feel free to do so :D

Edited by Haku

I want to be direct, give Yasha and Sange a iron rune i just killed them with Rashid, unless I was supposed to kill her.

We didn't give Yasha and Sange an iron rune on purpose. They both have retreat quotes in the unlikely chance that Rashid silences them, and it gives him some nice extra exp :D

EDIT:

Also just as a note to you all, there are 2 secret items which are attainable in this demo. ;)

Edited by Haku

We didn't give Yasha and Sange an iron rune on purpose. They both have retreat quotes in the unlikely chance that Rashid silences them, and it gives him some nice extra exp :D

EDIT:

Also just as a note to you all, there are 2 secret items which are attainable in this demo. ;)

I noticed after killing Sange, I find it kind of weird the op says that javelins and hand axes are more sparse and yet I already have 2 1-2 range swords

Edited by Hoenn

I noticed after killing Sange, I find it kind of weird the op says that javelins and hand axes are more sparse and yet I already have 2 1-2 range swords

Well, you lose them after the prologue arc, because everybody's equipment get's reset.

Oh wow I got credited but I feel like I hardly did anything

I can't believe it's finally here! I'm so excited! WOO! I'mma play this right now!

Whooo, I finished the demo!

Great work so far. The story in particular is excellent, great ideas! It could be developed a bit better in some points though (for example, the beginning of Pr.2).

Some constructive criticism and compliments:

[spoiler=tons of screenshots]image.png

That's a nice touch!
image.png
Her animation is a WIP, right? It's good, I like where this is going.
image.png
OUCH! So much for all that "Faith"...
image.png
I'd suggest to make some scripted on-map battles here rather than just killing off the guys. The first time it happens it's ok though, since you kill him in the dialogue.
Also... umh, I'm not a big fan of maps that are basically long hallways that lead to the boss. I think that markyjoe's chapter design ideas influenced me a bit here. I'd suggest you to read that topic on map design he made though, it's really useful
image.png
This part was really hilarious!
Nice touch with the sword sound effects too!
...However, this is the part I was talking about earlier that needs some polish.
It all happens so fast. And it doesn't even make much sense, they cut it and run just to... rush in again immediately after? I know that it's because the mage girl needs the books, but still...
image.png
Lel, this was glorious
image.png
...Swords?
Also I haven't tried to do that, but you could theoretically kill these OP wyverns if you put them to sleep with the Assassin's weapon, right?
image.png
Talking about that weapon, it's awesome.
Ah, this chapter design is good. I liked it. It's quite difficult, it's thrilling, and the Jeigan Assassin only makes it better.
image.png
Erm... did those guys just spawn out of the blue?
And that happens quite often in pr.3 and 4.
Make sure to have them spawn from stairs or just load them offscreen and move the camera properly to reveal them when needed.
image.png
Another droppable Light brand?
Isn't that a little too much?
Also, this guy is strong, geez. I had to knock him off with the Assassin.
image.png
Also, too many Flasks imo. That's a total of 9 of them!
They kill the chapter's difficulty and that's a shame, because the design of pr.4 is actually very good.

So, basically... you're doing well, keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see more of this! (Y)
Edited by Alfred Kamon

I'm really happy the community got two new hacks in the same week. I'm excited to get around and play both. Its also pushing me to progress faster with me own!

kudos!

Whooo, I finished the demo!

Great work so far. The story in particular is excellent, great ideas! It could be developed a bit better in some points though (for example, the beginning of Pr.2).

Some constructive criticism and compliments:

[spoiler=tons of screenshots]image.png

That's a nice touch!
image.png
Her animation is a WIP, right? It's good, I like where this is going.
image.png
OUCH! So much for all that "Faith"...
image.png
I'd suggest to make some scripted on-map battles here rather than just killing off the guys. The first time it happens it's ok though, since you kill him in the dialogue.
Also... umh, I'm not a big fan of maps that are basically long hallways that lead to the boss. I think that markyjoe's chapter design ideas influenced me a bit here. I'd suggest you to read that topic on map design he made though, it's really useful
image.png
This part was really hilarious!
Nice touch with the sword sound effects too!
...However, this is the part I was talking about earlier that needs some polish.
It all happens so fast. And it doesn't even make much sense, they cut it and run just to... rush in again immediately after? I know that it's because the mage girl needs the books, but still...
image.png
Lel, this was glorious
image.png
...Swords?
Also I haven't tried to do that, but you could theoretically kill these OP wyverns if you put them to sleep with the Assassin's weapon, right?
image.png
Talking about that weapon, it's awesome.
Ah, this chapter design is good. I liked it. It's quite difficult, it's thrilling, and the Jeigan Assassin only makes it better.
image.png
Erm... did those guys just spawn out of the blue?
And that happens quite often in pr.3 and 4.
Make sure to have them spawn from stairs or just load them offscreen and move the camera properly to reveal them when needed.
image.png
Another droppable Light brand?
Isn't that a little too much?

Also, this guy is strong, geez. I had to knock him off with the Assassin.

image.png
Also, too many Flasks imo. That's a total of 9 of them!
They kill the chapter's difficulty and that's a shame, because the design of pr.4 is actually very good.

So, basically... you're doing well, keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see more of this! (Y)

Thanks for the feedback! I'm sure we'll make the edits you suggested appropriately. :D

btw please could you link MarkyJoe's map design topic?

I'm really happy the community got two new hacks in the same week. I'm excited to get around and play both. Its also pushing me to progress faster with me own!

kudos!

Cheers Ghast!

Edited by Haku

The dialogue isn't that bad. It's got a couple memorable lines and I enjoyed the characterisation.

P.S. the first video is up!

I will release the next one tomorrow. I haven't recorded chapters 3-5 yet, so I'll start probably thursday or friday. It's finals week this week so I'm a tad pressed for time.

Edited by Klok

Mm, watching your LPs has made me realise that we did a poor job at setting the scene.

I'd love to get some custom CGs made to help with that, actually.

Enjoy Pr3, it's my favourite. :>

==

Also, Kamon, that'll help immensely. I'm utterly atrocious at indoor map design. In fact, your whole feedback was great. Last stage of the demo or no, there really shouldn't be three clarity flasks. What the heck. o.o

Edited by LunaSaint

Pr. 2 is released now!

I've actually played the rest of the hack but didn't beat #5 yet. I didn't LP 3 and 4, because I was pressed for time, but I did play them.

Edit: By the way.

93wft.png

"Actually, I think they might be

the kind of people we need"

person =/= people, especially in the plural.

Edited by Klok