Shatterlight - ver 0.1.0 released!

LunaSaint

Good job we got that one cleared up.

Koopa is pretty damn good with his portraits, so I think that this'll look really good once we're eventually finished- Though we're a long way from that...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, pretty much.

I guess I'll give you a few teasers:

•The closest thing to a Jagen we have is an assassin, who comes with the new thief/assassin exclusive weapons, knives. Knives are extremely light.

•One of the other lords, Pascal, a light-magic user, already has a mug- though its mouth doesn't move. Luna made it. I keep telling him it's pretty good, but he doesn't agree. I won't show it here.

•New classes include:

-Scoundrel and Desperado, both being exclusive to Lucien. These will have animations a little like the rogue's, but with swords instead. -A female version of Hector, sort of. *scratches head*

-A generic class using Lyn's animations until we can alter them. Basically female mercs, but they're a lot like mymirdons too.

-There will be 'axe cavaliers', I think, which will probably have a name like Renegade.

-There *might* be a special promotion for a playable brigand. It'll carry a torn war banner on it's back, and will look pretty cool.

That's all I can tell you for now, but I will show a few screenshots of the stats of knives and their mini sprites, and possibly Pascal's mug, if I can get permission from Luna, tomorrow.

If you need a good axe cav animation, send primefusion a pm. If you ask nicely he might hook you up with his TRTR one.

No guarantees though, he's really chill but he might not want to give it out before he even releases his next version XD

Thanks, but I think we'll wait before we ask. Axe cavaliers aren't very high on our list right now, and we kind of need a second graphics person to do special animations for Lucien's special class and the female Hector. I think we'll make some changes to the default cavalier armour, too, like spikes on the shoulder plates and other stuff like that to make them look... Bandity? That's not a word... Brigandish? Heh...

I've only written up to prologue 3 so far, as I've been really busy IRL, but I'm going to write a whole lot tonight. Progress SHALL be made~!

If you need a good axe cav animation, send primefusion a pm. If you ask nicely he might hook you up with his TRTR one.

No guarantees though, he's really chill but he might not want to give it out before he even releases his next version XD

What? Prime has his own axe cav animation? You'd think he'd use eCut's and KoT's (I think Kitty helped)...

EDIT: Yep, Kitty helped.

Edited by PixelmanFE

Prime made his own anim long before eCut's hack was ever announced. Like back when he made a Baron with magic animation :V

Huh. I never knew that.

I actually was going to make a baron/general magic thing lol.

• 3 weeks later...

or you could just send me the bulk of whatever you don't have time to animate and/or things you need animated and done. I'll do it for you so you can concentrate on making the hack move forward.

Or simply make Koopa do everything artsy I guess.

Turns out Koopa is going to be gone for a while, so it's down to me and Luna now. ;_;

I've been working on character personalities and just making characters in general.

or you could just send me the bulk of whatever you don't have time to animate and/or things you need animated and done. I'll do it for you so you can concentrate on making the hack move forward.

Or simply make Koopa do everything artsy I guess.

I'll have to get in touch. This is something I'd love to do.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so this thread is definitely in need of an update! :D

We just wanted to let everyone know that this hack is far from dead, and we are planning on making a first release for the beginning of February! This release will include the first five chapters of the game (including one side quest), however we do have 10 chapters already scripted.

All we have to do now is proof-reading with some help from betatesters and finishing off a few mugs/graphics related things.

Also we have a few screenshots! (don't worry the eliwood, and lyn map sprite will be changed before release :P)

E2Ail9Q.pngVJvJm5E.pngQSC3W4e.png

Haku~

Edited by Haku

Wait, a patch is imminent? With so much material as well? Count me in, I definitely want to try this out.

Oh hey, there are a few map errors there btw

With peoples' schedules returning to normality, we've gotten into a big refinement wave.

The release isn't quite imminent, but the important graphics are mostly done, and much of what's left involves cleaning up script.

Haku's done so much for this project, I owe him a big one.

Yeah you'll be getting a patch after I address these few simple issues raised in our last internal test. Might be able to do so tonight.

Poly/Flan: I can talk to you about it next time you're on ipchat.

I must say, this is a pretty interesting concept. I'm sorry I don't have any talents that would help you (at most I could make a color palette), but I highly doubt you need them anyway. I'm quite looking forward to the release of this and it will certainly be something interesting to play.