Shatterlight - ver 0.1.0 released!

LunaSaint

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now in the process of polishing up some dialogue~ Expect Kerning to be a bit different to the way he is in the current patch- he's a bigger jerk now.

"Actually, I think they might be

the kind of people we need"

person =/= people, especially in the plural.

... Unless you're trying to refer to the person in gender-neutral terms?

"...they might be the person"

"...they might be the people"

It has nothing to do with gender neutral and has everything to do with the number of people shifting terms in the same sentence.

Edit: I realize that "they" can be a single person sometimes and not multiple, like "Guile had a friend that died. They were the best friend he ever had." But, you don't use 'they' to refer to someone standing right in front of you, and Elsie is clearly referring to the father and daughter so that's two people.

Edited by Klok

'They' is meant to be plural in this case, though I very, very often use 'they' as a singular.

I believe Klok is correct here.

Hmm...interesting method you used for completing the chapter :P

You missed some optional conversations between Rashid and Kerning and Lucien and Kestrel, but not anything else. The secret items are in pr3x and pr4 if you want to know :)

Let's just say you should complete pr3x asap, and the one in pr4 is made pretty obvious.

The Elsie-Rashid conversation in Prologue 4 gives you a Goddess Idol, by the way. We plan to use these conversations for character development as well as story development, as unlike supports, they'll be completely relevant to what's happening in the chapter.

Later conversations will also give items, though the ones in Prologue 3 do not.

That's a really good idea, and one I was going to be using in Roguelike Emblem, taking a nod from Decay of the Fangs. I strongly support it as a mechanic.

Part 4's up btw!

Will record Part 5 this weekend.

Edited by Klok

Sorry about the amount of text in this chapter, it's really something I don't want to do on a regular basis. This chapter in particular is quite hard to think of good exposition methods; but I'll have to revisit it after I've worked on other stuff. (Also good catch on the sea/ocean thing, whoops.)

I could talk about 3x for a while. The chapter started off as something a lot more ambitious, and with a lot more running away. But for a 3-character map, I really couldn't justify making something large. Also, a race to catch someone while dodging super dangerous enemies enemies is just really hard to pull off. In the end, it's an exercise in finesse and observation, which might come in handy for future map design.

So, this is where the first secret comes in. If you beat the map in 10 turns or less, you get an Angelic Robe equivalent (which does carry on into the main campaign). To do so, however, means you need to be really quick on killing the soldiers, or skipping them entirely. The fastest possible time is 8 turns.

Edited by LunaSaint

The Elsie-Rashid conversation in Prologue 4 gives you a Goddess Idol, by the way. We plan to use these conversations for character development as well as story development, as unlike supports, they'll be completely relevant to what's happening in the chapter.

Later conversations will also give items, though the ones in Prologue 3 do not.

This has always been what I believe constitutes an easy and effective way to deal with GBAFE's atrocious support system.

Edited by Siuloir

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I ended up finally making a banner for the hack!

5DJ7Nc8.jpg?1

Please feel free to put this in your sigs if you like and support this project! It would be much appreciated :D

I still can't beat the chapter with wyvern riders.

I'm so bad.

That's a cool banner, putting it in sig.

Edited by Fateborn

• 4 weeks later...