Which Characters should be Snipers?

~Link~

Hello

I'm trying to decide who to choose to be my snipers.. So, which characters are the best choices to be Snipers? From first, second gen and Legacy/Bonus Box teams?

Which should I reclass to Sniper?

Anyone you think should be a Sniper should be a Bow Knight. But in seriousness, someone with good strength and speed who can reclass to Sniper, but I recommend going to a Bow Knight once you grab the skills, better move, speed and access to swords. Assassins also make better Snipers than Snipers.

Edited by Knight

i've seen Chrom as a sniper in videos.
I have used Morgan as a Sniper paired up with a Dark Flier Severa (both galeforce).

Anyone who defaults in archery might work as a sniper. Your best is a good Noire.

Chrom!Inigo is probably the best Sniper in the game (baring Male Morgan), because of Aggressor (since Snipers are more or less exclusively player-phase), Galeforce (to get more player-phase kills), and Armsthrift (to effectively be able to use the Double Bow). Limit Breaker and Luna round out his set. Alternatively, get rid of Armsthrift to use Bowfaire and grind IR for Double Bows, but that's a real pain. Stahl!Inigo's more or less the same thing (+2 STR/+3 SPD vs. +3 STR/+2 SPD), and Ricken!Inigo's comparable (+0 STR/+2 SPD, but gets Sage access).

Your next best bet is probably Stahl!Severa. Ricken/Stahl!Owain and Ricken/Stahl/Virion/Chrom!Brady get Aggressor/Luna/Galeforce, but that's more or less fitting a square peg in a round hole since they're really better off being Sages.

Edited by Canto

I mostly agree with Canto. although personally I like to have a male in the back of the pair up for brave aggressor dual strikes. A couple candidates he forgot to mention are Galeforce!Lucina (for Dual Strike+ utility), and Avatar/Morgan if they even count.

I mostly agree with Canto. although personally I like to have a male in the back of the pair up for brave aggressor dual strikes. A couple candidates he forgot to mention are Galeforce!Lucina (for Dual Strike+ utility), and Avatar/Morgan if they even count.

Hmm, that is true. Aggressor is probably better served in the back since they get more attacks, which might make Stahl/Ricken!Severa somewhat more preferable. I'll have to rethink that. And admittedly I did forget about Lucina.

So, I'd probably rank the game's non-Avatar/Morgan Snipers as

1. Chrom/Ricken/Stahl!Inigo (for damage output)
  2. Stahl/Ricken!Severa (I value Armsthrift probably more than other people. Ignoring that you could probably drop her down one or two places)
  3. Virion/Chrom/Ricken/Stahl!Brady or Ricken/Stahl!Owain
  4. Galeforce!Lucina
  5. Chrom!Cynthia (Whoops, forgot about her. Aether + Luna's still awesome.)
  6. Gaius!Noire
  7. Donnel!Noire (Armsthrift + Luna + Galeforce, but has problematic SPD)

ETA: I guess that's true, Craig. I still think they're better off as sages, but I guess I should be disregarding opportunity cost with this list.

Edited by Canto

Also, gotta say about all the people saying "Use Bow Knight" or "Use Assassin" as a "Sniper".

No that's not used as a Sniper. You use Sniper if you need a Sniper, because the perk of Sniper is Longbow/Double Bow [For Range 3], which are weapons that you cannot use if you're not an Archer or Sniper.

Also, gotta say about all the people saying "Use Bow Knight" or "Use Assassin" as a "Sniper".

No that's not used as a Sniper. You use Sniper if you need a Sniper, because the perk of Sniper is Longbow/Double Bow [For Range 3], which are weapons that you cannot use if you're not an Archer or Sniper.

That's exactly why I'm asking xD. I got Range 3 Bows sitting in my inventory and I want to get some characters to use them. I want to take advantage of that Range.

:)