Lead Character Designer for SMT x FE

So, from any indication from the trailer, this game will be in need of a lead Character Designer, a person who draws all the character concepts/etc. Who will that person be? Will Atlus hire someone new, or will they use one of their artists?

Can you imagine Ike being drawn by BasedPhallicDemonGod Kazuma Kaneko? Chrom being drawn by Soejima Shigenori of Persona fame? Or Masayuki Doi's rendition of Marth?

I wanna say Masayuki Doi, like his work in the Persona 2 EP and IS PSP ports, but those were those touched up versions of Kazuma Kaneko's originals, so I guess my answer would be Kazuma Kaneko... and by the by, Ike would look awesome drawn by Kaneko, no Soejima for this man

Although in the case of someone new, I wanna suggest or hope for Koutarou Yamada, you know, who drew the DLC Ephraim

• 1 month later...

I really don't see Kaneko working here. He hasn't done any art in the last few years. I guess they could get Fire Emblem Awakening's Yusuke Kozaki again considering how it was the last FE title and the game's popularity. Masayuki Doi did the designs for Shin Megami Tensei IV though, as well as redoing the artwork of Persona 2 and Soul Hackers, so there's that option too if they go for someone more SMT focused.

I really don't see Kaneko working here. He hasn't done any art in the last few years. I guess they could get Fire Emblem Awakening's Yusuke Kozaki again considering how it was the last FE title and the game's popularity. Masayuki Doi did the designs for Shin Megami Tensei IV though, as well as redoing the artwork of Persona 2 and Soul Hackers, so there's that option too if they go for someone more SMT focused.

NO. He already ruined Mages for me. If he touch my demon hasubando's and waifu's then I will be mad. Like holy shit.

I can't even fathom why anyone, for any real/credible reason would want...THAT guy back, he was just not even good at all... of the three options listed, Masayuki Doi is your safe bet... meanwhile, If you want someone from the FE side, Katsuyoshi Koya

• 2 months later...

I'd like to see the FE9/10 artist to return for this project, his/(most likely)her name is Senri Kita if I'm not mistaken? I'm not a professional or anything, but her character/costume designs for those 2 games look really great.

I wanna say Masayuki Doi, like his work in the Persona 2 EP and IS PSP ports, but those were those touched up versions of Kazuma Kaneko's originals, so I guess my answer would be Kazuma Kaneko... and by the by, Ike would look awesome drawn by Kaneko, no Soejima for this man

Although in the case of someone new, I wanna suggest or hope for Koutarou Yamada, you know, who drew the DLC Ephraim

Doi only did art for the EP PSP port. IS PSP was Soejima. But yeah, both artists were basically redrawing Kaneko's original character art (though on the other hand, Soejima did the portraits for all the characters except the ones designed by Doi for the EP remake. Soejima worked on Persona 2 before the remakes. Who knew?)

Oh right. On topic. I don't really know any of the Fire Emblem artists by name (which is pretty bad I admit), but if any one artist is going to be on art duties, it's probably going to be either Soejima or Doi. Kaneko's last art was for Strange Journey, from what I can tell, and unless he happens to be a big FE fan, I doubt he'd suddenly start working like crazy for a crossover.