Fire Emblem Awakening: Streetpass Guide

Robertboybobo

Alright, here it is.

I decided that a Streetpass Guide would help a long time ago to some.

Characters:

Gaius: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85sNIAeemZc&feature=youtu.be

Cherche: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRnln9o-Oa4&feature=youtu.be

Donnel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx7n9lRIjY0&feature=youtu.be

Kellam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzvQDHXISbw&feature=youtu.be

Tharja: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2te6ysPzRo&feature=youtu.be

Gregor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAFaMyqeqnI

Also, sorry for the horrible description and presentation and things, but I have to do this on the fly. Please, tell me what you think, and ask questions, give advice!

Edited by Robertboybobo

I'm just going to post the Eclipse and the reasons why this is the most deadly streetpass team possible.

[spoiler=Team Layout]FeMU

+Skl, -Res

Dark Flier

Limit Breaker/Hit+20/Lucky Seven/[Tomebreaker or Quick burn]/Lethality

Celica's Gale [+3 Mt, +25 Hit]

Brave Lance [+3 Mt, +25 Hit]

Elixir (for lolz)

FeMU Clones x6

+Skl, -Res

Dark Flier [boots]

Elixir (for lolz)

Chrom!Inigo

Bow Knight

Limit Breaker/Hit+20/Rightful King/Lethality/Luna

Eirika's Blade [+3 Mt, +25 Hit]

Brave Bow [+3 Mt, +25 Hit]

Elixir (for lolz)

Olivia!Lucina

Dark Flier [boots]

Limit Breaker/Rightful King/Lethality/Hit+20/Aether

Elixir (for lolz)

Chrom!Inigo!Morgan

Dark Knight [boots]

Limit Breaker/Hit+20/Rightful King/Lethality/Lucky Seven

Elixir (for lolz)

(Or Run him as a Bow Knight using the same skills, but with Eirika's/Brave Bow.

Reasoning:

1. 6 Hits and you're gone. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter how tanky you are. Look at it this way: A vanilla (no DLC used in execution) player can flatten Apotheosis enemies, usually in 6 hits or less. Those foes are far and away tougher than anything you can put together.

2. With that said, the only thing that matters is the initiation. To that end: Mounts + Boots to get said initiations. So the only way to truly build is pure Glass cannon. Fliers > Ground Mounts. Also, Magic (Celica's) > Melee, although single weapon type means you get screwed.

3. Hit is the most important stat, followed by SKL.

4. Brave Weapons are the only useful weapons. [Eirika's over Brave Sword due to Hit Rate]

5. Having a dead zone doesn't matter, as regardless of if you have it or not, once attacked your unit dies.

6. Lethality is, plainly put, the most deadly skill, as when it procs, if the attack connects, that's a kill.

7. Lethality/RFK is important: x2 attacks from O!L has a 40.71%, C!I and C!I!M have a 42.24%, *(Note: C!I!M can spike up to 43.75% if you run him as a Bow Knight)* chance of seeing a Lethality proc... an 80.2195658496% chance if all three initiate. So if those three units get to swing, 8/10 times, it's a kill.

8. The team as a whole has a 97.184825265693219602408776130432% kill rate if all 10 units get at least one initiation. The RNG will likely have its way with the player with odds like that.

I'm just going to post the Eclipse and the reasons why this is the most deadly streetpass team possible.

[spoiler=Team Layout]FeMU

+Skl, -Res

Dark Flier

Elixir (for lolz)

FeMU Clones x6

+Skl, -Res

Dark Flier [boots]

Elixir (for lolz)

Chrom!Inigo

Bow Knight

Limit Breaker/Hit+20/Rightful King/Lethality/Luna

Brave Bow [+3 Mt, +25 Hit]

Elixir (for lolz)

Olivia!Lucina

Dark Flier [boots]

Limit Breaker/Rightful King/Lethality/Hit+20/Aether

Elixir (for lolz)

Chrom!Inigo!Morgan

Dark Knight [boots]

Limit Breaker/Hit+20/Rightful King/Lethality/Lucky Seven

Elixir (for lolz)

(Or Run him as a Bow Knight using the same skills, but with Eirika's/Brave Bow.

Reasoning:

1. 6 Hits and you're gone. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter how tanky you are. Look at it this way: A vanilla (no DLC used in execution) player can flatten Apotheosis enemies, usually in 6 hits or less. Those foes are far and away tougher than anything you can put together.

2. With that said, the only thing that matters is the initiation. To that end: Mounts + Boots to get said initiations. So the only way to truly build is pure Glass cannon. Fliers > Ground Mounts. Also, Magic (Celica's) > Melee, although single weapon type means you get screwed.

3. Hit is the most important stat, followed by SKL.

4. Brave Weapons are the only useful weapons. [Eirika's over Brave Sword due to Hit Rate]

5. Having a dead zone doesn't matter, as regardless of if you have it or not, once attacked your unit dies.

6. Lethality is, plainly put, the most deadly skill, as when it procs, if the attack connects, that's a kill.

7. Lethality/RFK is important: x2 attacks from O!L has a 40.71%, C!I and C!I!M have a 42.24%, *(Note: C!I!M can spike up to 43.75% if you run him as a Bow Knight)* chance of seeing a Lethality proc... an 80.2195658496% chance if all three initiate. So if those three units get to swing, 8/10 times, it's a kill.

8. The team as a whole has a 97.184825265693219602408776130432% kill rate if all 10 units get at least one initiation. The RNG will likely have its way with the player with odds like that.

An interesting layout! I suppose Lethality is the easiest way to kill the enemy. I'll keep this in mind. Thanks!

Dread Fighter > Dark Knight

That +1 Spd advantage is actually important. Otherwise, Assassin Lon'qu's Severa and Gaius's Cynthia can double Morgan.

Counter is really important in StreetPass. It limits the player's movement options because a unit in the Counterer's range is a dead unit during the Enemy Phase.

Elixir is just bad. Grind Goddess Staves instead, but it's probably better just to let an injured unit attempt a Lethality because no one is lasting long.

Eirika's vs Brave Sword is debatable.

Miracle is really useful. Thus, Lethality vs. Astra needs to be investigated. Because, a Astra activation is likely a KO anyway.

Edited by MAttSTER

That +1 Spd advantage is actually important. Otherwise, Assassin Lon'qu's Severa and Gaius's Cynthia can double Morgan.

Counter is really important in StreetPass. It limits the player's movement options because a unit in the Counterer's range is a dead unit during the Enemy Phase.

Elixir is just bad. Grind Goddess Staves instead, but it's probably better just to let an injured unit attempt a Lethality because no one is lasting long.

Miracle is really useful. Thus, Lethality vs. Astra needs to be investigated. Because, a Astra activation is likely a KO anyway.

Move > SPD. Speed doesn't do anything useful in Streetpass.

Counter is only good if 1-locked.

Elixir is more for lolz. Chance of survival is really meh.

Eirika's has 15 Hit over the Brave Sword, which goes farther than the extra uses and MT of the Brave Sword.

Miracle doesn't do a whole lot, sounds good on paper, but beyond that no.

For Astra to be a KO the unit has not only get the proc, but has to land 5 hits, and be doing 34 damage as a base.

out of curiosity, what items should you sell on your team? i know stat boosts, seals and keys (maybe?) are nice. but what about brave weapons and higher tier tomes like thoron? or would shiny tile weapons be better?

Braves and Thoron and such can be bought normally, so not those.

In addtion to stat-boosters, I would sell the shiny tile items not named after people (except Aversa's Night, that one's cool), Seals are nice for players who haven't gotten very far, and keys are okay.

I personally have an especially hard time getting ahold of Catharsis, although Physic will usually suffice.

Edited by Euklyd

What he said, Anathema.

I personally never go shopping, JSUK. I find it tempting sometimes, but when all they offer is, say, strength and HP tonics, it gets annoying.

Anyways, back on topic. I believe Cherche will be next on the list.

What is your favorite pairing for Cherche? Any advice, lists, builds?

Prepare for me to mention the worst pairing in the game as one of her better ones.

What he said, Anathema.

I personally never go shopping, JSUK. I find it tempting sometimes, but when all they offer is, say, strength and HP tonics, it gets annoying.

Anyways, back on topic. I believe Cherche will be next on the list.

What is your favorite pairing for Cherche? Any advice, lists, builds?

Prepare for me to mention the worst pairing in the game as one of her better ones.

The worst pairing in the game doesn't involve Cherche directly. Involves her kid though.

(oh wait, not striking that. cause I'm never sorry for insulting that pairing)

I do agree, that plus one speed sounds important. In addition to having more weapons then a Dark Knight, it also doesn't possess a weakness. The only flaw is that it's male only.

In my opinion, the AI stinks with the staff. That's why I only include one or two with a staff on my team. The AI almost always says to attack before healing, soo..... and they just aren't that stupid with elixirs.

Move > SPD. Speed doesn't do anything useful in Streetpass.

Counter is only good if 1-locked.

Elixir is more for lolz. Chance of survival is really meh.

Eirika's has 15 Hit over the Brave Sword, which goes farther than the extra uses and MT of the Brave Sword.

Miracle doesn't do a whole lot, sounds good on paper, but beyond that no.

For Astra to be a KO the unit has not only get the proc, but has to land 5 hits, and be doing 34 damage as a base.

I'd dissagree. Stats are VERY important in streetpass, but the extra movement is very helpful indeed.

Counter is useful for the enemy, since your ALWAYS going to be dealing damage out.

Again, I'd dissagree.

I will take this into account as I experiment.

Miracle isn't that great, i'll agree, it's only saved me 4 times throughout all the playthroughs of this game.

Astra is useful, but since Lethality ALWAYS kills an enemy, unless they Dual Guard or Miracle...

Edited by Robertboybobo

I'd dissagree. Stats are VERY important in streetpass, but the extra movement is very helpful indeed.

Counter is useful for the enemy, since your ALWAYS going to be dealing damage out.

Again, I'd dissagree.

I will take this into account as I experiment.

Miracle isn't that great, i'll agree, it's only saved me 4 times throughout all the playthroughs of this game.

Astra is useful, but since Lethality ALWAYS kills an enemy, unless they Dual Guard or Miracle...

Stats are important, yes, but out of all stats, SPD is the least. You won't dodge, and doubling means nothing if you don't survive long enough to do it. On the other hand, Movement and SKL are the most: Movement is what allows for initiations. Your unit dies whenever the player's units get to attack- Double Braves means 6 hits. Most fights won't even take 3.

Counter doesn't mean much, as Damage alone doesn't mean anything: Only kills do. Counter is -not- a deterrent- it just means some damage is coming back. Up against something like Vengeance/Vantage it acutally serves to screw you over, as it's a controllable way for a unit to power up Vengeance and enter Vantage range. Which, BTW, screws you over completely, as against that, your units can no longer initiate.

Elixirs burn turns that could be used for offense, but at the same time, if something crazy happens and one of your units live eh... Most likely heals and such won't ever be used.

Let's back up a bit and consider this question: What is your StreetPass team's goal?

My answer would be "to be unbeatable to as many players as possible". Now, consider most players: they aren't optimized for StreetPass or they have no sense in metagaming. Basically, they aren't going to 6x Brave Attack or any of the scary strategies you know. The most they will have is all the children (naively thinking children all the best) or their favorites (Donnel, harem, etc.). They will use strategies that work in-game but not optimal for StreetPass (e.g. Aversa's Night, Pavise/Aegis).

This means that you don't have to assume that all of your units are going to be 6x attack'd and OK'd before they get a chance to attack. Therefore, you are allowed to use strategies that take advantage of this ignorance.

Let's back up a bit and consider this question: What is your StreetPass team's goal?

My answer would be "to be unbeatable to as many players as possible". Now, consider most players: they aren't optimized for StreetPass or they have no sense in metagaming. Basically, they aren't going to 6x Brave Attack or any of the scary strategies you know. The most they will have is all the children (naively thinking children all the best) or their favorites (Donnel, harem, etc.). They will use strategies that work in-game but not optimal for StreetPass (e.g. Aversa's Night, Pavise/Aegis).

This means that you don't have to assume that all of your units are going to be 6x attack'd and OK'd before they get a chance to attack. Therefore, you are allowed to use strategies that take advantage of this ignorance.

Of course. However, this is the goal-Duel with the unbeatable, create the best team. I'm trying to make them realize that there are key differences between in game and streetpass battles. That is another goal of this guide. Actually, it's great that you mention Donnel-I think you have just helped me come up with that new Character.

However, since there are indeed players that know work arounds, you want to know the best strategies you can do-After each character is done, maybe or maybe not the children, I will cover tips and tricks, and a what to know. This should be the icing on the cake.

Remember this-if they want to use their favorite units and skills, let them! If they don't care about streetpass tea,s, well, they don't! If your going to really want to watch the guide, then you'll watch it, and learn! If you don't care, then don't.

I also don't think I'm the best recorder, or anything I am happy that this isn't just a complete disliking thread, as well.

I appreciate your feedback!

Edited by Robertboybobo

Stats are important, yes, but out of all stats, SPD is the least. You won't dodge, and doubling means nothing if you don't survive long enough to do it. On the other hand, Movement and SKL are the most: Movement is what allows for initiations. Your unit dies whenever the player's units get to attack- Double Braves means 6 hits. Most fights won't even take 3.

Counter doesn't mean much, as Damage alone doesn't mean anything: Only kills do. Counter is -not- a deterrent- it just means some damage is coming back. Up against something like Vengeance/Vantage it acutally serves to screw you over, as it's a controllable way for a unit to power up Vengeance and enter Vantage range. Which, BTW, screws you over completely, as against that, your units can no longer initiate.

Elixirs burn turns that could be used for offense, but at the same time, if something crazy happens and one of your units live eh... Most likely heals and such won't ever be used.

- I think speed is VERY important. Doubling DOUBLES damage, which can be very bad.

-Counter can cause kills. Activating Astra on a counter unit has killed me before.

-I'd rather take survivability over all out offensive. Just my taste. However, I'd like you guys to experiement, and tell me how Elixirs are. Having a second DS will help.

So yeah, guys, please help.

Also, DONNEL is finished! Thanks for watching.

- I think speed is VERY important. Doubling DOUBLES damage, which can be very bad.

-Counter can cause kills. Activating Astra on a counter unit has killed me before.

-I'd rather take survivability over all out offensive. Just my taste. However, I'd like you guys to experiement, and tell me how Elixirs are. Having a second DS will help.

So yeah, guys, please help.

Also, DONNEL is finished! Thanks for watching.

Explain this one:

Lets say you're running LQ!Yarne!Morgan (+SPD/-LCK) with an Eirika's as an SM. You've got 71 SPD. Fastest thing in the game.

Target player is Vanilla, and thus has no DLC, so you're not getting countered by counter Limit.

That goes Attack->Attack -> Player's Attack -> Attack -> Attack

Player's Attack is actually: Attack -> (Attack -> Attack) -> Attack -> (Attack -> Attack)

Let's look a case of this attacking (Libra!)Owain/(Henry!)Cynth as a Sage/DF combo.

LQ!Y!M attacks, and with an Aggressor boosted swing hits for 74 damage.

After defenses (hello, rallies) are applied... Owain takes 32 Damage (x2): Owain HP: 16/80 (Vantage is now active, If Morgan fails this kill, it's over for your entire team)

Owain's move.

Owain has 75 ATK after rallies and pair up, as well as forged Celica's.

Morgan has 46 RES, let's lol that and bump it up to 56 via RES+10 (just to explain how screwed you are)

Cynthia has 68 ATK

Owain damage: 19

Cynthia damage: 12

Before we even think of bringing in that Vengeance Activation, Owain: 19 + Cynthia 24 + Owain 19 + Cynthia 24: 86 Damage: Terminal. Morgan's SPD is worthless.

With Vengeance: 51 + 24 + 51 + 24: 150

Now, yes, this is a case where Counter is useful-- Where it's used offensively, via One-lock, however, seeing as how that base attack before Vengeance was terminal...

...However, watch this:

Player snags initiate.

19 (19 recieved via Counter)

24 (37 HP remain on Morg)

27 (total of 46 received damage-- Vantage activated. (Vengeance Power: 23))

12 (Terminal)

Now Owain is virtually unstoppable unless there's more 1-locked Counter units in his path. Worse if the player brought an HP pot. (Vengeance power is 25 in that scenario.)

TL;DR: Spd isn't good.

Also, Counter has a maximum Damage output... If the Unit taking the Counter has Equal to or Greater HP than the Unit with Counter, Counter -cannot- under any circumstance, kill. So no, it's not a limit of options- it's a non-lethal source of incoming damage, which can readily benefit the player. Taking 79 damage only serves to aid (Hello, full power Vengeance.)

Unless your unit has HP+5/Miracle/Counter any capped player's unit cannot be killed by a defensive Counter- only an offensive one, and even that is nullified by HP Pot.

Interesting...your point is certainly proven. A few rally bots help for the non-AI. I'll take this into account, but in my experience fast units can pack quite a punch. Tanks-most tanks have a weakness, but can destroy until there weakness is made use of by the enemy. However, again, I understand your point.

Edited by Robertboybobo

Did you not read my post? Most players aren't going to optimize. They won't use Brave weapons. And, they certain don't know how to surpass 71 Speed. You have to design your team to beat the majority of players, not the theoretical best because you will never meet it. What good is preparing for the worst if you never meet it?

Did you not read my post? Most players aren't going to optimize. They won't use Brave weapons. And, they certain don't know how to surpass 71 Speed. You have to design your team to beat the majority of players, not the theoretical best because you will never meet it. What good is preparing for the worst if you never meet it?

Your post is completely irrelevant, considering anything that's effective on stronger strats is effective on weaker ones. It's just what's only effective on the weaker ones isn't effective at all in any way shape or form on the stronger ones.

Otherwise it's "Apply Limit Breaker, call it a day" because even Squad Symphonia was reportedly one of the hardest teams at PCC, and that team isn't meant to be hard at all.

Edited by Airship Canon

"Strategies against the toughest opponents must surely work on weaker opponents!" is what you are thinking.

This is not true, and it is not optimal.

I. This is not true.

a. What you consider to be the toughest enemies is not the toughest enemies in every situation. For an example in your case, the hardest set of enemies against your team is not the 6x attack strategy. To your team, Assassin Tomebreaker/Bowbreaker/Lucky Seven/Quick Burn/Limit Breaker on a Throne equipped with the Underdog Bow is nigh invincible. But, the average casual StreetPass could rip apart this in seconds.

II. It is not optimal.

a. You try so hard to attempt even just one Lethality that you even sacrifice actual damage and any sort of real aggression. The fact is that you definitely won't have all 10 units still alive by the first Enemy Phase, so chances of activating Lethality averages probably once every other battle. Even a whole team of Lethality may not activate Lethality. So against the average casual player, it does not matter how many Lethality attempts you make (not that they care; they are playing Casual Mode). What will pressure them is seeing their HP in single digits. So against the most common average casual, dealing damage is more optimal.