I have three different radical ideas for future Fire Emblem games, but since I don't want to flood the forum with three new topics in a short amount of time, I have consolidated these ideas into a single topic. Also, feel free to share your own radical ideas.

1. Spinning off Fire Emblem Awakening into a separate subseries. This newly spun-off subseries will inherit gameplay mechanics such as the custom Avatar, Second Seals, a traversable world map, unlimited grinding, branching promotions, etc. Meanwhile, the "main" subseries will feature a more "traditional" gameplay system. The main downside is the extra development costs in maintaining two parallel subseries, unless they only make one FE at a time, alternating between the two subseries, which would defeat the whole purpose of a separate FEA subseries except with regards to branding.
  2. Having an army composed entirely of player-made custom characters. Instead of having an army of premade, developer-created characters with the occasional custom Avatar, how about an entire army of custom, player-created characters? I came up with this idea as a possible solution to end the shipping wars.
  3. Incorporating Skylanders-type figures as an optional feature of the game. When I was watching a video about the Nintendo 2DS, an unboxing video for collectable Pokemon Rumble U figures was in the suggested videos column. The suggestion's thumbnail piqued my interest, so I decided to click on it. When I watched the video, I learned that Pokemon Rumble U had a feature similar to Skylanders and the upcoming Disney Infinity, and I also learned about a feature of the Wii U that I didn't even know existed: that the Wii U GamePad had a built-in Skylanders-type scanner. After watching the video, I thought, what if something similar was incorporated into a Wii U FE game as an optional feature? FE Skylanders-type figures could be used to unlock new characters, new character classes, and/or boost the stats of existing characters.

So, what do you guys think? If Intelligent Systems decides to implement a combination of the above ideas, idea #2 and idea #3 can be reconciled by having the FE figures unlock einherjar, powerful pregens, new classes for existing characters, and/or stat boosts for existing characters.

No offense but I already despise the custom fe characters. I dont want an entire army of them. One of the main reasons I love fe is because of its characters I would hate to see them all become blank slates, also there really isnt a set fe formula, quite a few games mechanics are very different from the others

Edited by Folgore Red II

My radical idea would be for Fire Emblem to get a steampunk make over. The one thing that bothers me about Fire Emblem Awakening is that essentially society remained stagnant over the course of two thousand years in terms of technology. While I don't want FE to take place in a modern world, I think having a steampunk setting like Final Fantasy VI can open the game up to new classes and gameplay. I think the character designers could really have fun with a new setting.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

My radical idea would be for Fire Emblem to get a steampunk make over. The one thing that bothers me about Fire Emblem Awakening is that essentially society remained stagnant over the course of two thousand years in terms technology. While I don't want FE to take place in a modern world, I think having a steampunk setting like Final Fantasy VI can open the game up to new classes and gameplay. I think the character designers could really have fun with a new setting.

I like this idea. Who knows, it might not be so farfetched seeing as they were seriously considering putting FE13 on Mars...

For some reason Gun Mages are the first thing I thought of. I think that's been a class in Final Fantasy, no? Miriel with a gun, I'd dig it. Tharja and Henry on the other hand...

My radical idea would be for Fire Emblem to get a steampunk make over. The one thing that bothers me about Fire Emblem Awakening is that essentially society remained stagnant over the course of two thousand years in terms of technology. While I don't want FE to take place in a modern world, I think having a steampunk setting like Final Fantasy VI can open the game up to new classes and gameplay. I think the character designers could really have fun with a new setting.

YES.

I like this idea. Who knows, it might not be so farfetched seeing as they were seriously considering putting FE13 on Mars...

For some reason Gun Mages are the first thing I thought of. I think that's been a class in Final Fantasy, no? Miriel with a gun, I'd dig it. Tharja and Henry on the other hand...

MORE YES.

YES.

MORE YES.

Gun mages would be awesome. I think the themes of class struggle could be explored with a steam punk setting. One society having moved on technologically and relying on guns and flying machines, while the other society has stuck to magic and uses manaketes or something.