GFAQs Contest Board in uproar.

Da Bear

Link is behind by 1200ish votes with around a half hour left.

Gamblers, fanboys and some Trent guy on twitter with 170k followers are involved.

Possible DDoS by LoL fans.

If you need a reminder of how worked up people will get over the silliest things head to GFAQs.

Link is behind by 1200ish votes with around a half hour left.

Gamblers, fanboys and some Trent guy on twitter with 170k followers are involved.

Possible DDoS by LoL fans.

If you need a reminder of how worked up people will get over the silliest things head to GFAQs.

Here's why

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1lkzob/riot_if_draven_wins_gamefaqs_character_battle/

Luls reddit. There's a thread for Link too, I believe on maybe r/gaming and stuff.

Edited by Interest

No one would vote for Teemo anyways.

Well, considering that he got doubled by Palutena, whereas Hades nearly was doubled by Simon Belmont and Pit lost to Cecil (who proceeded to lose to Wrex in a match where most people had either of the former two winning)...

And this is why I just ignore the character battle when I go there. People get too childish over it in my opinion. XD

Yep, it's just a glorified childish rage fest, nothing more. Much like Gamefaq's itself for the most part

Edited by Folgore Red II

Not a freaking DDoS when he starts losing, that's what.

Not the admin throwing out the precedent of restarting matches when the servers go down.

a ddos attack would stop people for voting for not just link, but also draven and shepard.

granted the gap was closing, but draven was like 5k votes ahead at one point when i looked.

and really it's just a shitty annual character battle, there's no need for people to get all up on each other's shit just because link's been dethroned.

p.s. i voted for link

a ddos attack would stop people for voting for not just link, but also draven and shepard.

granted the gap was closing, but draven was like 5k votes ahead at one point when i looked.

and really it's just a shitty annual character battle, there's no need for people to get all up on each other's shit just because link's been dethroned.

p.s. i voted for link

It stopped everything. And if you know anything about how Link rolls- that point was -exactly- the point in time where Link is strongest: when the US day vote and/or the US after school vote kick in, Link goes ballistic. Well, when the DDoS happened? Right at the start of the Day Vote.

Before that happened, Link was actually on track to not only recover, but pass Draven and come out on top with a 4-5K lead.

Given, Draven regained some steam, but going by the numbers after that point, Link would've came out with about 300+ on Draven had the DDoS not occurred.

Any outcome given though, the match should've been restarted. Matches previously have been restarted for 15 minute hiccups. This was a 93 minute DDoS.

Marisa lost. ;~;

Since when do you have an account here. (I know looking would be easy but I'm lazy)

Ended at below 800 votes.

Some guy named Trent, huh. Gj.

I don't follow Wrestling.

I've never heard of Trent Baretta before. (took me a good while to figure out who he is...)

Edited by Lonely Wallcrab