Teach me to like Henry!

Carter

I've always hated Henry..

And thought he was extremely annoying. I would send him to his death on other playthroughs..

I actually want to like Henry, but I just can't..

Are there any great Henry fans that could teach me to like him?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like puns, I wish you the best of luck.

Because it's not happening. NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Trying to raise the bar on your tolerance level, eh?

Too bad you might just get hit with a crowbar that is his "acquired taste" sense of humor. HEE HEE.

I don't think it's possible to teach anyone to like a character.

I mean, it's definitely possible to start liking a character you previously disliked. I've warmed up to Ninian, Florina, and Sumia quite a bit. But you sort of have to do it yourself.

I don't think it's possible to teach anyone to like a character.

I mean, it's definitely possible to start liking a character you previously disliked. I've warmed up to Ninian, Florina, and Sumia quite a bit. But you sort of have to do it yourself.

^ pretty much this, It's impossible to teach someone to "like" a character it's something you have to get on your own. But if a character doesn't appeal to you please don't mindlessly bash them just sayin we get enough of that on this forum haha.

The main characters I like based on personality have to do with contrast. Henry and his sociopathic tendencies contrast everyone in Fire Emblem ever. They actually contrasts most protagonists. So at the very least he stands out, which is how I can tolerate a character. I don't like Miriel as a characters, but her fake stats make her stand out, and that I can appreciate.

In terms of why I like him, Henry's response to violence in a Fire Emblem game. Too many heroes are all like "please. I don't want to fight you" while Henry laughs and gleefully says "I'm gonna kill you!" It's fun and funny. It's a nice change of pace. Henry is just fun to play, because he's a character who enjoys killing. Much like the player in the game. Many players will kill every last enemy on the board if they aren't going for a low turn count. If you use Henry to do it, your character is thinking the same as you.

The thing is to not take Henry too seriously. He's just a side character in a video game. But he's definitely one you can remember from this game.

If you don't like puns, I wish you the best of luck.

Because it's not happening. NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Trying to raise the bar on your tolerance level, eh?

Too bad you might just get hit with a crowbar that is his "acquired taste" sense of humor. HEE HEE.

I see wat u did thar

IMO, those who say Henry isn't likable are raven mad.

Now, some people may say that Henry eschews ravens in favor of crows, and so I'm doing this wrong, but...

Did you know that the main difference between crows and ravens is that ravens have only four pinion feathers, while crows have five? Well what I'm trying to say is that the difference between the two is really just a matter of a pinion.

In all seriousness, I don't see how one can be taught to like a character, unless there are like supports that show hidden depths that can be pointed out. I have not yet found many of these for Henry (most of his are funny) although one of my favorites is Henry x Ricken ('B' I think), where Henry basically humanizes many of the Plegian bosses you've killed and makes Ricken feel bad.

To me, Henry is basically a guy who usually wants to be nice and while he's kinda bad at interacting with people sometimes, he wants to do the right thing (at least later on).

Regardless, I really just don't think there's any caws for someone to dislike Henry.

I bet all these puns will have made someone hate him

Edited by Euklyd

I find many of his supports to be rather funny. Start using him more and pair him with people who he can converse with. One of my favourites of his is when he buys Sumia's ring with her own body. Nya ha ha!

I think his support with Noire as a father is the most fitting.

In Henry and Tharja's supports Henry is the superior curser but for Noire he took them all on himself even though he could've stopped them. All of the adorable. :3

also: Permanent :D face.

I love Henry for his personality and all, but the main reason I like him is his reason for joining the shepards. In a support he explains he literally joined the shepards just because he didn't want to see the war (with all the blood and death) end, and he thought they'd lose it without him. I find this whole mentality to be so psychopathic its amazing.