I am such an idiot!

jdb1984

I did a Parlay fight with a streetpass team, and Libra fell during it. Despite this, I decided to continue the fight just to finish it up, not planning on saving. I did finish, and then it went to the file screen. When it asked me if I wanted to save...I hit yes without even thinking about it, only realizing my error afterwards.

So, Libra's dead, Nowi lost her boyfriend, and I'm down to one active healer (Anna). And I'm thinking of starting over my main file, but play on Hard/Casual (rather than Hard/Classic), because of this and other errors I've made throughout. That'll also eliminate me having to choose to leave them dead or restart a chapter every time someone falls.

I did a Parlay fight with a streetpass team, and Libra fell during it. Despite this, I decided to continue the fight just to finish it up, not planning on saving. I did finish, and then it went to the file screen. When it asked me if I wanted to save...I hit yes without even thinking about it, only realizing my error afterwards.

So, Libra's dead, Nowi lost her boyfriend, and I'm down to one active healer (Anna). And I'm thinking of starting over my main file, but play on Hard/Casual (rather than Hard/Classic), because of this and other errors I've made throughout. That'll also eliminate me having to choose to leave them dead or restart a chapter every time someone falls.

How far were you in the game?

Also, i'm just wondering why you paired Libra with Nowi.

Whoa, um... d-don't be so harsh on yourself for it, it's okay.

I've had it happen to me myself, so I know how you feel.

If you feel it's better for you to play Casual, go for it. Nothing's stopping you, and plus in case someone DOES die, you can just keep going. Be careful if you try to go back to playing Classic though, as that mindset is hard to get rid of.

If you feel it's better for you to play Casual, go for it. Nothing's stopping you, and plus in case someone DOES die, you can just keep going. Be careful if you try to go back to playing Classic though, as that mindset is hard to get rid of.

Only my first run on Lunatic I still reset like Classic... it's just that you can keep going if you make mistakes like that.

There is no shame in using Casual Mode.

The thing is that I shouldn't need casual. I played (but never finished) every Fire Emblem released outside of Japan except FE7. I should be used to the strategies and the mental process needed through all the years of practice. I guess I'm in the mindset that Casual is more for kids and rookies, in which I'm neither.

And it was a stupid mistake to save, and probably a stupid one to continue the battle anyway.

Edited by jdb1984

The thing is that I shouldn't need casual. I played (but never finished) every Fire Emblem released outside of Japan except FE7. I should be used to the strategies and the mental process needed through all the years of practice. I guess I'm in the mindset that Casual is more for kids and rookies, in which I'm neither.

And it was a stupid mistake to save, and probably a stupid one to continue the battle anyway.

You could continue the game with Nowi x Gregor.

Do you have any DLC?

Well, even the brightest of minds make mistakes sometimes.

If you're so dead-set against not using Casual, you could pair Nowi with an available male so you can keep your progress. Which ones are still available?

Indeed, don't feel bad. 8D; I saved over my first file by accident once. My super-far, all-units-maxed-out file, with all the skills and maxed money, filled-up support box and everything. I was so distraught that I killed everything in the file. Mistakes happen, there's no need to worry too much over 'em.

You could continue the game with Nowi x Gregor.

Do you have any DLC?

Champions of Yore 1 and 3, as well as EXPodential Growth. I should probably go and see if I can get through 3 now that I'm a lot stronger than when I got it.

Well, even the brightest of minds make mistakes sometimes.

If you're so dead-set against not using Casual, you could pair Nowi with an available male so you can keep your progress. Which ones are still available?

I'll name off all my characters, split into three categories:

Core team-

Chrom-Lv.2 Great lord (married to Sumia)

Avatar-Lv.6 Sorcerer (Married to Miriel)

Miriel-Lv.7 Dark Knight (Married to Avatar)

Fredrick-Lv.7 Great Knight

Panne-Lv.15 Wyvren Rider (Married to Kellam)

Lissa-Lv.4 Dark Flier

Anna-Lv. 2 Trickster

Kellam-Lv.17 Knight (Married to Panne)

Nowi-Lv.9 Wyvren Rider

Lucina-Lv 11 Lord

Stahl-Lv. 7 Myrmidon (Married to Sully)

Sully-Lv.14 Caviler (Married to Stahl

Unused:

Sumia-Lv.11 Pegasus Knight (Married to Chrom)

Ricken-Lv.3 Mage

Donnel-Lv.3 Villager

Olivia-Lv.2 Dancer

Lon' Qu-lv.9 Myrmidon

Henry-Lv.12 Dark Mage

Cherche-Lv.12 Wyvren Rider

Gaius-Lv. 5 Thief

Gregor-Lv.10 Mercenery

Tharja-Lv. 10 Dark Mage

Maribelle-Lv.4 Trubador

Prince Marth Lv.8 Lodestar

Dead:

Virion

Vaike

Cordelia

Libra

---

Anyways, I've had time to think about it, and I decided to keep my file. I'm also thinking I'll have Nowi and Gregor get back together again. Now I just need to consider what abilities Nah will have.

Champions of Yore 1 and 3, as well as EXPodential Growth. I should probably go and see if I can get through 3 now that I'm a lot stronger than when I got it.

I'll name off all my characters, split into three categories:

Core team-

Chrom-Lv.2 Great lord (married to Sumia)

Avatar-Lv.6 Sorcerer (Married to Miriel)

Miriel-Lv.7 Dark Knight (Married to Avatar)

Fredrick-Lv.7 Great Knight

Panne-Lv.15 Wyvren Rider (Married to Kellam)

Lissa-Lv.4 Dark Flier

Anna-Lv. 2 Trickster

Kellam-Lv.17 Knight (Married to Panne)

Nowi-Lv.9 Wyvren Rider

Lucina-Lv 11 Lord

Stahl-Lv. 7 Myrmidon (Married to Sully)

Sully-Lv.14 Caviler (Married to Stahl

Unused:

Sumia-Lv.11 Pegasus Knight (Married to Chrom)

Ricken-Lv.3 Mage

Donnel-Lv.3 Villager

Olivia-Lv.2 Dancer

Lon' Qu-lv.9 Myrmidon

Henry-Lv.12 Dark Mage

Cherche-Lv.12 Wyvren Rider

Gaius-Lv. 5 Thief

Gregor-Lv.10 Mercenery

Tharja-Lv. 10 Dark Mage

Maribelle-Lv.4 Trubador

Prince Marth Lv.8 Lodestar

Dead:

Virion

Vaike

Cordelia

Libra

---

Anyways, I've had time to think about it, and I decided to keep my file. I'm also thinking I'll have Nowi and Gregor get back together again. Now I just need to consider what abilities Nah will have.

For a Gregor!Nah, you should probably pass down a skill that either A) she can't get or B) she won't be getting any time soon.

A good final set for her (assuming her final class will be manekete) consists of: Armsthrift, Vantage, Sol, Deliverer and Swordbreaker. Armsthrift gives her unlimited Dragonstone+ usage, Vantage ensures that if she ever slips below half health, she can weaken the enemies' chance of killing her by attacking first, Sol enables player AND enemy phase healing, Deliverer gives her added movement if she's paired with someone, making her a great ferrying tank and Swordbreaker is to wreck the chances of being harmed by a Wyrmslayer.

AGGGH oh noes! Well, it happens to all of us, don't worry ;) and things will still be okay! A Gregor!Nah with the skills that Vashiane mentioned earlier would work great ;)

wait, wait, wait.

you can lose units in street pass parlays?

It appears so. I wasn't sure myself until I accidentally saved and saw Libra was gone. Since you can get exp, weapon efficiency, and everything, it makes some sense.