Lilina`s Possible Canon Mother

Naglfar94

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn would be more likely to name her daughter Lilina than Sue.

And she has more lovebird moments with Hector than with Rath. (Pirate Ship and Four-Fanged Offense come to mind immediately, plus their conversation in Battle Preparations.)

i actually thought they were more like buddies than lovers. Besides who says that Rath wasnt the one who named their daughter?

Screw the pairings, go Village girl

(I prefer Farina if we /had/ to go by pairings though)

I approve

Hector x Village Girl

Eliwood x Village Girl

Lyn x Village Girl Plains Boy

why is that?

ive always liked the parings:

Hector x florina

lynx tactician or rath

elliwood x ninian

Because it figures that the terribly written character would name her terribly written daughter after term used to refer to a specific type of terribly written characters

Because it figures that the terribly written character would name her terribly written daughter after term used to refer to a specific type of terribly written characters

Lyn still has her moments and Sue is written terribly how..? Seems like you have anti Sacae bias more then anything.

It's kind of silly to say that "X is likely to name his/her child Y" because if we want to get all technical it was IS who named all the characters. Not to mention that whole "everything can be interpreted as evidence if you look hard enough" thing I mentioned.

And she has more lovebird moments with Hector than with Rath. (Pirate Ship and Four-Fanged Offense come to mind immediately, plus their conversation in Battle Preparations.)

To be fair, Hector and Lyn are both main characters who are in every cutscene and cause a game over if they die. Rath, Kent, Florina, Farina, and Fiora can all fall in battle (or retreat and leave the party, in Rath's case) and are minor characters, so they don't get cutscene time the same way the lords and Ninian/Nils do. I don't think it means anything to compare Lyn's "lovebird" moments with Hector and those with Rath because Hector will have more since he is in the story more and a central character, as is Lyn!

Now, if you wanted to compare Eliwood and Hector's lovebird moments with Lyn, that is a fairer comparison because all three of them have about equal screen time.

It's not Sue's fault she barely gets any dialogue, which is the case for 80% of the FE6 cast.

It's not Sue's fault she barely gets any dialogue, which is the case for 80% of the FE6 cast.

This is what supports are for!

[Has maxed out the support log of fe6 xD off topic but they really do give insight to the game, Like Geese and Douglas's plan to get Elphin to the Western Isles ect]

Edited by Folgore Red II

I like the idea of Farina being Lilina's mother the most.

Besides, Farina's only recruited during Hector's mode, so...yeah.

that is one reason why I thought Farina too heh she is a Hector exclusive and she can even have supports with him. Heh the blue hair Duo

...I was referring to "Lovebirds". You know, the movie in Awakening? Neither Hector nor Lyn save the other in those scenes! (Hector does act as a landing strip for Florina, though... hmm)

Two of those three convos, I'd call friendship moments.

1. They bond over their shared orphanhood and pride.

2. Hector admits respect for Lyn's tracking skills.

3. I'll give you that, but it only happens with an A support. And it's not like they're in a Pent/Louise or Sothe/Micaiah situation.

I actually have a theory. The canon lord pairing involves a moment where the girl is in danger and the guy protects her. Sheeda is somewhat progressive in that she escapes herself (but Marth does protect her father and her country) and Sumia is really progressive in that she saves him. Sigurd/Diadora and Sothe/Micaiah do this, as do most of the non-canon but implied pairings (Leaf/Nanna, Roy/Lilina, Eliwood/Ninian, Ephraim/Eirika ). Ike is the exception because he is gay doesn't really have an implied pairing (though Elincia would follow the theory)

I've always thought Lilina's mother was either Lyn or Florina. Besides the hair colour and being Hector mode only, Farina hardly seems like she'd be Lilina's mother since their personalities and hair style don't match. Florina matches Lilina's personality more, but Lyn matches Lilina's hairstyle more (in how it's long and straight).

Also, if we look at the FE7 Support stats, they're as follows:

Hector x Lyn: 0 + 3

Hector x Florina: 5 + 2

Hector x Farina: 0 + 1

I'd say Farina's 0 + 1 knocks her out of the competition in terms of being Lilina's mother. That leaves Lyn and Florina. I'm not really sure which one would be closer to canon between Florina's higher initial support level with Hector or Lyn's higher support growth with Hector.

Come to think of it, since Roy and Lilina are the same height, and Eliwood married Ninian (which most consider canon, and Ninian is quite short which is a significant factor I'll explain later), I guess we can conclude that Hector married Florina (who's also rather short, around Ninian's height), since if Hector married Lyn, Lilina would be significantly taller than Roy, since Lyn is around Eliwood's and Hector's height and would result in taller offspring. Since Eliwood and Hector are around the same height, Ninian and Florina are around the same height, and Roy and Lilina are around the same height, I think we can conclude that it only makes sense that Florina is Lilina's mother, based on her height.

...maybe I'm overthinking this to insane levels.

[Has maxed out the support log of fe6]

Wait, this is actually possible and you can check what conversations you've seen? I thought among the GBA FEs, only FE7 and FE8 recorded whether or not you've seen a conversation.

Rath x Lyn is my canon, because

a) They had a "Lovebirds" moment in Rath's LM joining chapter

...I was referring to "Lovebirds". You know, the movie in Awakening? Neither Hector nor Lyn save the other in those scenes! (Hector does act as a landing strip for Florina, though... hmm)

Neither scene counts, though. Rath even literally says that he only saved Lyn because he thought she was a Sacaean. Hector acting as a landing strip for Florina is more for comedic purposes if anything.

b) Lyn never gets over her yearning for the plains, and with her tribe gone, the Kutolah is where she's most likely to go after Caelin is taken in by Ositia.

Except for the fact that Lyn never mentions even wanting to go back to the plains if she's paired with either Eliwood or Hector.

Two of those three convos, I'd call friendship moments.

1. They bond over their shared orphanhood and pride.

2. Hector admits respect for Lyn's tracking skills.

3. I'll give you that, but it only happens with an A support. And it's not like they're in a Pent/Louise or Sothe/Micaiah situation.

There's also the scene where Lyn outright asks Eliwood about Uther's death, and very soon after, how Hector took the news. After hearing what Eliwood has to say, she starts tearing up. (Note: The conversation in question happens regardless of Lyn's supports.) And if she has an A support with Hector, she offers to cry for Hector to at least try to ease his pain regarding Uther. While she's crying on Hector's back, she also asks him not to die. Implying that Hector's feelings for Lyn are mutual.

The conversations in question are only present in Hector's mode, however.

Plus, not to mention, Ninian and Serra ship Hector/Lyn. And Hector and Lyn do have time to themselves whenever Eliwood and Ninian have some time alone. Not to mention, Lyn is taken aback by Hector's behavior during Ch. 28X H.

I've always thought Lilina's mother was either Lyn or Florina. Besides the hair colour and being Hector mode only, Farina hardly seems like she'd be Lilina's mother since their personalities and hair style don't match. Florina matches Lilina's personality more, but Lyn matches Lilina's hairstyle more (in how it's long and straight).

I don't see how Lilina's personality is similar to Florina's. In all honesty, Lilina's personality seems to me like Lyn's the most, but more level-headed and naive. (Heck, she even sounds like Lyn when she talks.)

Come to think of it, since Roy and Lilina are the same height, and Eliwood married Ninian (which most consider canon, and Ninian is quite short which is a significant factor I'll explain later), I guess we can conclude that Hector married Florina (who's also rather short, around Ninian's height), since if Hector married Lyn, Lilina would be significantly taller than Roy, since Lyn is around Eliwood's and Hector's height and would result in taller offspring. Since Eliwood and Hector are around the same height, Ninian and Florina are around the same height, and Roy and Lilina are around the same height, I think we can conclude that it only makes sense that Florina is Lilina's mother, based on her height.

I honestly don't see how Lilina being Lyn's daughter would make Lilina any taller than Roy. I'm pretty sure getting a taller offspring has to do with nutrition. Not genetics. Edited by Just call me Al

IT was more of joke really. I still think that both Lyn and Sue are terrible characters. And Sacae bias? Lolwut? For the record, I appreciate Rath and like Dayan, Guy, Karel and Fir.

but lyn is just as strong as any of the other sacaen characters

she actually ended up strongest on my playthrough