Lilina`s Possible Canon Mother

Naglfar94

In all honesty, I wouldn't use the novel as a reliable source of what's most likely to happen. Especially considering the nature of adaptations in general.

I would just like to note that I was listening to the "Tabidachi no Shou" CD Drama parts uploaded on NicoNicoDouga and got to the part where Gharnef (Who sounds very effeminate in this version) killed Jagen explicitly.

This should give you a very clear idea of how far an adaptation can slip from game canon. I also thought I recalled in Hasha no Tsurugi that many characters who are named/playable in the GBA games are reduced to mook-level cannon fodder for certain enemies, which feels like it gels against the game's thematic elements.

Anyway, if there's one thing that makes me wonder if IntSys -does- have a canon mother in mind, it's that they're pretty bad at letting these kind of things remain vague in the canon. The game's obvious push for ChromxSumia in FE:A feels jarring when the whole point of the game is the variable marriages.

As for whether Hector "needs" a strong, independant woman... um, I dunno, does he? I always imagined that if there's any particular kind of girl Hector would get the most benefit from, it'd be a "brain" to contrast with his brawn, and I think any of his possible pairings are actually like that. Otherwise, it seems all his pairing options "get" more from Hector than they give "to" Hector, so to speak.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Lilina does take after her father. Insane offensive stat growth with mediocre skill and speed growth? Sounds like your typical Axe user to me.

yeah she does haha now all she needs is that monster defense stat Hector had too bad hers is low imagine Lilina running around with Max Defense and Magic power! that would be pretty cool haha but her stat growths are very like Hector`s

Eliwood x Fiora

Hector x Farina/Florina

Maximum profit.

Fiora x Eliwood x Lyn x Florina x Hector x Farina x Ninian x Rath

REAL Maximum profit.

Edited by shinpichu

I would just like to note that I was listening to the "Tabidachi no Shou" CD Drama parts uploaded on NicoNicoDouga and got to the part where Gharnef (Who sounds very effeminate in this version) killed Jagen explicitly.

This should give you a very clear idea of how far an adaptation can slip from game canon. I also thought I recalled in Hasha no Tsurugi that many characters who are named/playable in the GBA games are reduced to mook-level cannon fodder for certain enemies, which feels like it gels against the game's thematic elements.

Actually, something like this was something I already knew. (Not the part about Gharnef killing Jagen, but you know what I mean.) Heck, I can even bring up some non-FE examples. If you ask me, the only way an adaptation can even be canon to anything that isn't in the adaptation's medium is if all of the characters are present in an entirely new story that the source material doesn't show.

Like the MLP: FiM comic, for a lack of better examples. The inFamous comic too.

Edited by Just call me Al

I think it's:
Rath x Lyn

(Due to Rath's Deathquote)
Eliwood x Ninian
(Due to events in the story)
Hector x Farina
(Due to it's focus (image at the end) in Hector Mode)

Farina is also aided by Rath disqualifying Lyn for me (Rath doesn't have any other paired endings), and the fact that Lilina's hair and face look similar to Farina.

I think Lilina takes the most after Florina. They have the same shaped eyes (Lyn's are much sharper) and Lilina's pose is like a more resolute version of Florina's. Notably there aren't many other characters whose hands even appear in their portraits. Even though her personality is less timid, I think it's because her father wouldn't treat her so daintily. I mean, he did want to pit his child against Eliwood's before Lilina was born, so who's to say he didn't end up treating Lilina like so? Second guess would be Farina. There just isn't much to Lilina that suggests to me that Lyn is her mother, especially since Lilina supports Gonzales and Garret, and Lyn would have never given those kinds of people the time of day. I find it more logical that Lyn would return to the plains she called home instead, so I find a pairing with Rath to be natural with her story arc. Eliwood x Ninian is a no-brainer.

I think Roy's growths being exactly like Eliwood's points to Eliwood having married Village Girl, as none of the wives' growths have actually been passed down to Roy.

There just isn't much to Lilina that suggests to me that Lyn is her mother, especially since Lilina supports Gonzales and Garret, and Lyn would have never given those kinds of people the time of day.

She did eventually get along with Fargus's crew. Not to mention, she would have likely thrown every single ounce of hatred towards bandits away by the end of FE7. Especially with what Wallace says to her.

Roy doesn't suck because his parent's growths suck. He sucks because he was taught how to use swords by a woman who can't even swords.

Lol Cecilia! this is why someone like Rutger should teach Roy the sword instead Lol then he would be better at it

By that logic, Eirika should suck too. She, too, was taught to use swords by someone who can't even use swords.

Ahh, but she doesn't suck nearly as much as Roy. And they do bring it up in the supports that the way Ephraim thought her could be applied to swords as well as lances. Meanwhile, Cecillia never even uses a physical weapon.

I don't think Marcus ever mentions teaching Roy. But Roy and Cecilia definitely talk about her teaching him everything.

Marcus taught Roy how to fight.

ZW7ew8s.png

But Lyn/Hector A and Lyn/Wallace A cannot co-exist :): (I suppose technically Wallace can die but still)

Who says that the Lyn/Wallace A support has to happen for Wallace to say to Lyn that Hassar and Madelyn would have wanted her to be happy? By that logic, Matthew keeps his grudge against Jaffar if he and Jaffar don't have an A support.

I like to think Eliwood's 45% STR growth and Fiora's 35% STR growth made Roy's 40% STR growth. amidoin'itrite

Yeah, we all know Eliwood has no HOLY BROOD, so that's the perfect explanation!

Marcus taught Roy how to fight.

ZW7ew8s.png

So the only canon Roys are the blessed ones, because he must live up to Marcus' greatness.

Also you like totally proved him wrong or something cool job.

I always figured that Lilina's mother was Florina since Lilina's hair color is purple and Florina's hair would mix into that with Hector's hair, that and I assume Florina has more magical talent than Lyn or her sister since she has the highest resistance of the three. That, and Lilina would speak her mind more like Lyn or Farina were if one of them were her mother.

I also just went along with EliwoodxNinian since the game practically shoved it in your face that it was canon, but I would imagine that someone with dragon blood in them would have much better growths than what he has now... I don't think I've really looked at Fiora's path though.

Lyn's pairings are somewhat inconsequential in terms of plot since she has no children in Sword of Seals, I've always went with Kent's route because I think Kent is the Best Cavalier. I never bothered with LynxHector because I thought they had no chemistry.

Since we're complaining about who our favorite characters should love: PriscillaxErk because happy endings are better than depressing endings, NinoxJaffar since I'm in love with Jaffar's character and their relationship is very strong. I have no idea how the idea of SerraxOswin came to be

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Marcus ever mentions teaching Roy. But Roy and Cecilia definitely talk about her teaching him everything.

everything

huehuehue

like how to ride a horse and shit