Lilina`s Possible Canon Mother

Naglfar94

Your problem with Lyn/Rath seems more to be with fans who overhype it and whatnot than the actual pairing itself. Have you considered that, maybe, you are to more rational Lyn/Rath and Hector/Florina people as the less rational Lyn/Rath and Hector/Florina people are to you?

And while you don't realize that you yourself are doing it, sometimes the various language you use DOES seem to imply that you are shoving Hector/Lyn in people's faces and you think it's canon. There's one example from a thread so far back I don't have the time to search for right now, but I think you mentioned something in the 20th FE artbook thread about how "if IS really wanted to put Hector's wives in order of canonicity then they'd have put Lyn before Florina" or something. Your comments about "of course Lyn/Rath is just as canon as Sumia/Gaius", even if it is in strikethrough, doesn't make you more endearing because it's not at all needed to make your point and just looks like you're shooting down something you dislike when it wasn't necessary for your point.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rath's death quote is admittedly kinda vague on the subject of whether he dies or not, though. (To say nothing of the fact that Lyn/Rath is about as canon as Sumia/Gaius is.

I don't think it is. He flat out says "I have to leave until this wound gets better" or something like that...Although, now that I think about it, it is easily possible that, since he's the father of Sue, him dieing would mess things up whether Lyn ended up with him or not. So, the game not letting him die isn't necessarily proof after all, is it?

In fact...what do you all think about the fact that the game WILL let Florina die, hmm? The scenario writers obviously didn't think SHE was terribly important, did they?

To say nothing that if support growths were valid, then Finn/Bridget would be considered more canon than Finn/Raquesis is by fans. But I digress.

Hold on now, that was Fire Emblem: Holy War we're talking about, a game with much fewer chapters, and much wonkier love growths. So if you disregarded those, that makes sense. HOWEVER, if you look at the support growths on this game, they are, in my opinion, actually fairly logical in regards to who falls in love with who. For example...

1) Wil and Rebecca - Makes sense because they were childhood friends.

2) Erk and Priscilla - Also makes sense because of how much devotion Erk shows to her, and is the only one with a happy ending.

3) Kent and Fiora - Also makes sense, because of their similar personalities.

4) Harken and Isadora - Heck, even right out from the C Support, Harken is calling her beautiful, so no shocker there.

5) Nino and Jaffar - Makes sense since Nino was the one who changed Jaffar, and also ties in nicely to their sons having basically the same jobs that they had.

6) Farina and Dart - Admittedly, this one is a little more arguable than the others, but...Farina doesn't seem to me like the kind of girl who'd just fall head over heels in love the way she did with Kent (definitely one of the weaker supports period IMO). But then again, Farina didn't exactly endear herself to Dart...and in fact, actually came off as kind of a jerk...but then Farina's kind of inconsistent period >_<.

At any rate, the support is definitely better written than that stuff with Kent...

7) Serra and...Lucius? Or Sain?- Yeah, I'll admit, if there's one pairing suggestion that throws a hole into my "Go with Support Growths" theory, it's this one, because Sain is obviously ruled out based on their A Support with each other (where Serra basically calls him a perverted degenerate), as well as the fact that they don't share an ending. And Lucius...well you would think they would have a paired ending based on their dialogue, but it seems they don't. Nope, instead, only Erk, Mathew, and Oswin can end up with her, and all of them only have a support growth of 1+ with her (as opposed to Sain and Lucius, who have 2+).

So...there you go...however, I will also note this...

While Lyn has a stronger support rate with Rath than anyone else, Hector has a stronger support rate with her than any other females. Plus, Serra's A support with Sain has this...

Serra: Hey, Sain. So, who do you think Lyn will end up with? Lord Eliwood? Lord Hector, maybe.

Sain: Lady Lyndis? Hmmm... Why do you ask?

Serra: Well, you know, it’s fun to guess! No matter who she chooses, it’ll be big news throughout Lycia, right? But who? Who? Which one, do you think?

Sain: I think it’s a mistake to restrict the contest to just those two. Why even this humble knight might be a suitable suitor.

Serra: No, not you, Sain. You’re not even in the running...

Sain: What!? I had no idea! Could that sparkle in her eye have been nothing more than the reflection of my own love?

Serra: Yeah. I check up on these things, you know. And according to my sources, the one that Lyn likes is...

Sain: She likes--?

Serra: Lord Hector, I’d say... They argue a lot, but that’s the sign of passion! My intuition is very keen. Personally, I’d go for Lord Hector anyway... I mean, he’s royalty! As the heir, he’ll be the future marquess!

Sain: Hmmm... Hey! Serra! Can you tell me who has eyes for me?

I mean, I know it's Serra, but the fact that the scenario writers went out of their way to insert that...I dunno. It's a tough call either way, but at least now I've found a way that Lyn and Hector isn't totally out of the question after all :)!

Edited by FionordeQuester

There's also the fact that Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Ninian, and Nils are pretty much the only characters who still have story impact (aside from characters like Oswin and Marcus who don't die even when you kill them). Serra and Sain's support can reach A before you even recruit Farina or Rath. Not to mention that Kent, Florina, Farina, and Rath are all killable while Hector and Lyn dying gives you an automatic game over. Personally, I think it's just the developers being too lazy to give anyone besides plot important characters mention in supports.

Edited by Sangyul

Rebecca is killable, and it's commonly believed that she is the mother of Wolt. Besides, even if Rath doesn't die when he falls in battle, he leaves the party. Wouldn't it be weird to talk about Rath in supports like he's present when he's left the group to recover quite some time ago?

Rebecca is killable, and it's commonly believed that she is the mother of Wolt. Besides, even if Rath doesn't die when he falls in battle, he leaves the party. Wouldn't it be weird to talk about Rath in supports like he's present when he's left the group to recover quite some time ago?

Where do they talk about him in supports that he's not a part of?

I love how we started talking about Hector's wife and now we're fighting over who Lyn's spouse is. Or rather why or why not she is paired with Rath.

Lyn's love interests have always been a bit awkward for me, since I disregarded Lyn's pairings with the main lords since I had already paired them. The more I think about it, I think that I prefer KentxLyn, if indeed she IS paired. Because of this thread, I've been thinking of the possibility of Lyn not having a canonical lover, since Kent's feelings seemed a little rushed to me, I could be wrong if I look back on it, it has been a little more than a year now since I've looked at it.

Couldn't that also be due to laziness to not check?

They don't, it's just his suggestion.

Also, random note.

But Hector have 35% speed growth

35% speed growth sure didn't stop my current Hector from succeeding his skill by 5-6 points.

Edited by Fargo294

Exactly.

As a matter of fact, are there any non-lords who are mentioned in supports that they are not a part of? This supports the point I was trying to make. Characters who are not lords are not mentioned outside of supports that they are not part of. Serra hoping for a love triangle between the three lords means nothing in terms of "canonicity" because only lords are mentioned in support conversations anyway.

Couldn't that also be due to laziness to not check?

Most likely. But look at it this way. If Wolt really is Rebecca's son and Rebecca dying for real when she dies in battle was an overlooked mistake, it still doesn't change the fact that the three men Rebecca can get together with all die for real as well. If Rebecca survives and none of Sain, Lowen, or Wil do ... what does that mean for Wolt?

Hector always has Lilina regardless of whether he supported any girl or the person he reached an A support with dies. Trying to argue canonicity by whether a character dies or retreats is ... not getting us anywhere. =/

Edited by Sangyul

Then I ask you. What was the point of making Rath impossible to kill if he wasn't important to the plot? And for that matter, why Bartre?

Don't ask me. Do I look like I work for IS?

Don't ask me. Do I look like I work for IS?

Then why's it so hard to believe that IS intended to suggest who would have future children and who wouldn't based on that? Heck, Nino and Karla even get this treatment as well, with only Rebecca being left out. I don't know whether that was simply an oversight, or the designers not intending her to be Wolt's mother, but, to paraphrase a good saying I heard once...

Once (Rath) is nothing. Twice (Bartre) is a strange coincidence. But three (Karla and Nino) is a pattern.

Rebecca being killable was probably an oversight.

All cahracters who have children or appear themselves in FE6 just retreat. We can't infer anything from that.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

How about Florina being killable then?

Notice that everyone you named has children canonically attached to them. Nino has the twins. Bartre and Karla canonically have Fir. Rath has Sue. Pent and Louise have Clarine and Klein.

Florina, Farina, and Fiora (who can marry Hector and Eliwood) have no children attached to them at all. Therefore, they can die. Both of Nino's options, Erk and Jaffar, can die. Rebecca, whose death was probably an oversight, can lose all of her potential husbands in FE7. They do not retreat. This is why you are grasping at straws.

Florina, Farina, and Fiora (who can marry Hector and Eliwood) have no children attached to them at all. Therefore, they can die. Both of Nino's options, Erk and Jaffar, can die. Rebecca, whose death was probably an oversight, can lose all of her potential husbands in FE7. They do not retreat. This is why you are grasping at straws.

...Hmm...I guess that's true. Right, thanks for clearing that up!

Jeez this is tough. Looking at Florina again, her hair isn't as short as I thought it was, and Lilina's eyes do indeed look more like Florina's...and then there's the whole thing about both of their names ending in "ina" as well as both of them having names that seem to reference flowers...

FLORina- Flower or Floral

LILina-Lily

...but on the other hand, a quick glance through some of Lilina's supports show her seemingly acting about as resolute as Lyn would be...of course, that could just be Hector's influence on her...

Oh well, once again, I've forced to revert back to "Lyn X Rath" and "Hector X Florina". Heck, Hector X Florina is almost worth it just for that cool naming scheme alone, isn't it :^_^: ?

Look, just go with what you like. It's what the supports and paired endings are for. There is no canon.

But that's no fun! The fun is in debating with people! Because, I think some of them, like whoever came up with Florina and Lilina both having "ina" in their names, had some pretty cool ideas.

If there were canonical pairings, there wouldn't be a debate. Or at least, it wouldn't be the same debate.

Anyway, Lilina has four possible canon mothers: Lyn, Florina, Farina, and "Ostian Village Girl #3456."

Edited by Paper Jam