Lilina`s Possible Canon Mother

Naglfar94

I like to pretend RD's story doesn't exist.

I wish I could favorite posts.

Quoting you in my signature will have to do.

Edited by Fargo294

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is rather unusual for Ostia to take control of Caelin, given that Ostia is not adjacent to Caelin. As Eliwood said in FE7, chapter 9,

I've received word from Caelin's neighbors, Laus, Tuscana, Kathelet, Tania, and Santaruz. They will not interfere in Caelin's affairs...

Ostia obviously isn't one of Caelin's neighbors, or Eliwood would have included it with the others.

And for that matter, neither is Pherae.

Well...couldn't Lyn have given her kingdom over to him anyways? Husband or no? Though, granted...wait...now that I think about it...

Why would Hector, the guy who's already nervous about his tenure as Marquess, want to go out of his way to add yet ANOTHER responsibility to his already long list of stuff? I imagine Lyn would want to give it to someone she trusts, and it's possible Eliwood wasn't able to do it for...whatever political reason, but, still...looking at the World Map, it's definitely closer to Eliwood's pad than it is to Hector's! And Ostia is already under a lot of political scrutiny all the time, so it grabbing up Caelin, despite it's inconvenient location, would be seen as a suspicious power grab, wouldn't it?

Also, I said that it'd suck if Rath came back without having gotten anything...but since Dayan welcomes him back with a hero's welcome if he's unpaired, then maybe the point was to toughen him up into a great warrior and leader? Another good swing for team Hector X Lyn!

Edited by FionordeQuester

Also, I said that it'd suck if Rath came back without having gotten anything...but since Dayan welcomes him back with a hero's welcome if he's unpaired, then maybe the point was to toughen him up into a great warrior and leader? Another good swing for team Hector X Lyn!

I'm not going to even bother bringing up Lyn/Rath or Lyn/anyone, but ... this sentiment is kind of horrible. Who the fuck in their right mind, even a fictional character who is PORTRAYED AS A GOOD GUY IN THE PREQUEL, sends their 4 year old son alone to wander the fucking world for fifteen fucking years, not knowing whether he will LIVE or not?

1) Why are we bringing religion into this anyway?

2) Yes, it is still horrible. Even if you come back "alive", doesn't necessarily mean you will come back "well" in other areas of your life.

3) That fact you are using something that normal people would consider appalling (abandoning their children) as "a good swing for Hector/Lyn" fucking disgusts me. Like Hector/Lyn if you like, I really care not, but do NOT use terrible reasoning like this to justify it.

EDIT: Where I come from this is called "child abuse". I don't know where you are from.

Edited by Sangyul

1) Why are we bringing religion into this anyway?

Because religion is why Dayan did what he did. Not really avoidable in that case, is it?

2) Yes, it is still horrible. Even if you come back "alive", doesn't necessarily mean you will come back "well" in other areas of your life. 3) That fact you are using something that normal people would consider appalling (abandoning their children) as "a good swing for Hector/Lyn" fucking disgusts me. Like Hector/Lyn if you like, I really care not, but do NOT use terrible reasoning like this to justify it.

Or, you could look at it this way. It's better thinking that, if deities do indeed exist in the Fire Emblem world, that there was an actual point to what Rath went through rather than some maniac tossing his child toward what should have been certain death, isn't it? The former was something I was prone to believing in due to the fact that, so far as I can tell, the prophecy actually worked...

Of course, now that I think about it, I always had this image in my head of Sue being the one to wield the Sacred Bow based on her being female like the legendary hero, but...huh, I made a big assumption there, didn't it? So far as I know, it really was, indeed, pointless.

... I'm sorry, but I don't believe that "religion" and "deities" justifies child abandonment/abuse, EVER. And if you think this is valid justification, then I'm inclined to believe that you'd feel the same way if such a thing happened to real people in the real world. In which case I am done talking to you and sincerely hope you never have any kids of your own.

... I'm sorry, but I don't believe that "religion" and "deities" justifies child abandonment/abuse, EVER. And if you think this is valid justification, then I'm inclined to believe that you'd feel the same way if such a thing happened to real people in the real world. In which case I am done talking to you and sincerely hope you never have any kids of your own.

If it helps, I don't blame you at all for feeling the way you do, and in fact, respect you for it. It means you have a kind heart, which is the most important thing...

EDIT: Also, I should mention, pairing Hector X Lyn is totally NOT my reason for wanting to justify it. It...comes down to my own set of beliefs. Any further discussion on that particular topic, I will answer via email.

1. There is intentionally no definite canon for Lilina's mother, and you can just believe whatever gives you your jollies

2. Leaving a four-year-old to his or her own devices for fifteen years is a horribly awful thing to do, even if it turns out well.

/thread

No, wait. I got this.

Dayan abandoning his son is terrible, and proves him to be a horrible father. So horrible, that even having no father is better than having him as a father. Therefore, Dayan is a great father who did the best thing for his son by minimising his interference in Rath's life! (Assuming foster families don't exist in the FE verse)

Hmm...something I just thought about. If Lyn were to elope with Rath...wouldn't that technically mean that Sue would be related to the Caelin monarchy in some way? Or would that be rendered irrelevant by Ostia absorbing Caelin?

EDIT: If not...is it strange that nobody would bring up Sue essentially being related to royalty? Even if only loosely?

Let's pull off a Boys Over Flowers

Lyn and Rath are soulmates

Hector is Lyn's future husband

[i actually ship Lyn x Rath]

This applies for Hector too

Hector and Florina are soulmates

Lyn is Hector's future wife

[i ship Hector and Florina too but I'm now thinking about Hector x Farina]

Where did Soren get his magical talent? Neither of his parents were magic users either.

He's a half-breed, it's explained that half-breeds have magical prowess. Hence, the mark on his head.

Let's pull off a Boys Over Flowers

Lyn and Rath are soulmates

Hector is Lyn's future husband

[i actually ship Lyn x Rath]

This applies for Hector too

Hector and Florina are soulmates

Lyn is Hector's future wife

[i ship Hector and Florina too but I'm now thinking about Hector x Farina]

Boys Over Flowers only worked because of the irrational magic of Lee Min-ho (I don't blame her for picking him, I would've too). Any other person who acted as jerkishly as his character did probably wouldn't be able to get between people actually meant to be soulmates. But that's just me...

Where did Soren get his magical talent? Neither of his parents were magic users either.

He's half filthy sub human. Don't gotta explain nothin.

Lilina would be rude beyond belief.

This might have made her interesting. Maybe.

Because he was taught by a sage.

There is no reason to assume he had any talent in particular. The sage that trained him only thought he had because he assumed his brand was the mark of a spirit charmer.

Edited by BrightBow

He's a half-breed, it's explained that half-breeds have magical prowess. Hence, the mark on his head.

Zelgius and Stefan didn't have magical prowess, and they're half-breeds.

Anyway, BrightBow's explanation seems pretty reasonable to me, and it's an equally good explanation for Lilina's magical ability.

Zelgius and Stefan didn't have magical prowess, and they're half-breeds.

Anyway, BrightBow's explanation seems pretty reasonable to me, and it's an equally good explanation for Lilina's magical ability.

both of them from lion laguz's half-breeds, maybe that helps?

some dragons (especially white dragons) had some affinity with magic, maybe that also the reason behind the connection,

i never heard the sage on the game..