What Class Path Should I Take For Maribelle?

Gaius

I'm playing through Awakening and I'm just about to get Maribelle to level 20. I'm not sure whether I wan't to make her a mage then a sage, or If I should get her to be a war cleric (to get the renewal skill) then re-class to Valkyrie or if I should make her a Pegasus knight then dark flier for gale force, because Dark flier only has slightly less better magic than sages, but I would like it if she could still heal.

Personally, I go Troubadour -> Valkyrie (15) -> Dark Flier (15). Dual Support+ isn't that great, though, so you can probably just do 10 levels of Valkyrie instead.

I also do Valkyrie to Dark Flier.

So I shouldn't bother with war cleric? Because her attack is kind of abysmal.

No, War Cleric is a bad idea. Her Str is, as you said, abysmal, and so she'd be much harder to use as a War Cleric than a Valkyrie.

And if you want to grind her through various classes for skills or something, then hold off on War Cleric until she has high enough stats to not get killed super easily.

Edited by Euklyd

Since I use DLCs, I can snag a Master Seal early in the game, when Maribelle's abysmal strength doesn't matter so much (and do pair up to help out a ton). So War Cleric -> Dark Flier -> Valkyrie. I've been thinking about adding Sage for Tomefair, but... *shrug*

Are bolt axes easy to find? I'm not sure if I saw any on my first play through.

One from renown and one from the game are a definite. They might be available via spotpass and/or Regalia?

I think I'll make her a war cleric then at level 15 switch to dark flier then at level 15 switch to sage for her final class. I think getting renewal and gale force will be pretty good.

Renewal is kind of handy for grinding but it's virtually useless in postgame, and I think it's more pain than it's worth. Remember, you have to use physical axes until C, and getting her there is going to be rough.

Edited by Meteor

I do have the EXPonential growth dlc, so I don't think it would be that hard to get renewal. I just beat the ninth chapter, so I don't think her low strength is really that bad, and a 35% strength growth rate as war cleric is okay.

I do have the EXPonential growth dlc, so I don't think it would be that hard to get renewal. I just beat the ninth chapter, so I don't think her low strength is really that bad, and a 35% strength growth rate as war cleric is okay.

You could just do the rescue trick.

I have decided to make her Valkyrie instead because her strength stat was literally two and that would make war cleric way to hard to use. I'll make Lissa a War cleric instead, her strength is seven which is passable.

Why would you want Renewal over Tomefaire for Lissa? By the time Lissa reaches that level, she'll be more than capable of dodgetanking in all modes not lunatic.

Maribelle should go Valk-> DF (or at the very least, Sage). Renewal really isn't as useful as you're thinking it is.

It's useful of you're being hit constantly, but not enough to die, after every turn or so. Tomefaire affects combat on EP and PP. Galeforce affects soooo much. Renewal is like a free Concoction at the start of a turn, and be honest, you have PLENTY of units that will make sure your healers are protected.

I'm still going to make Lissa a sage, I just like renewal even if it isn't that useful. I'm also going to make Maribelle a dark flier then sage ( I already made her a Valkyrie ). I also plan to make Lissa get gale force so Morgan and Owain can wreck with that and tomefair. I didn't bother with renewal on Maribelle because her attack was pretty bad. I know it will take a lot for Lissa to get all those skills but I don't really mind.

I usually go Troubadour -> Valkyrie -> Sage -> Dark Flier -> End as whatever you feel like. Might pick up Lifetaker and Lancefaire if I'm either going for completion or making her a Bride/Falcoknight, but this path gives her the general staples.

Tomefaire to Dark Flier is actually pretty nice, since it helps her offense right off the bat.

Troubadour > Valkyrie > Dark Flier > Valkyrie

That's what I always did.

^This and...

She should never be anything else in the end other than a Valkyrie since her attack is abysmal.

Any reason why it isn't Valk -> DF -> Sage -> Valk?

Just speaking personally, Tomefaire is kind of convenient to have as a Dark Flier, particularly if you get unlucky with magic. Rescue grinding is pretty easy for me to do so it's not much of a chore for me to pick up Tomefaire first. Also gives Maribelle a little more bulk to deal with flying weaknesses.

Valk -> Dark Flier right off the bat is certainly viable, though.