1. 1. Which GBA Lord is your favorite?

• Roy
    • Lyn
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2020 at 08:49 AM

As the title of this topic asks, which GBA Lord is your favorite? For me, I'd definitely say that Lyn is my favorite. Her design is great, her battle animations are beautiful, and she's just an awesome character. Anyone who says she's boring or dull or some other such nonsense obviously have no idea what they're talking about. Her conversations are all great, they ooze awesomeness! Not only is Lyn my favorite GBA Lord, she's also my favorite character in the entire Fire Emblem series.

I'll make another topic and poll for every class in the GBA games, so stay tuned for that.

Also, I really don't care how you pick your favorite. Whether it be because of how good they are as a unit, how much you like their personality or design, and so on and so forth...your favorite is your favorite, whatever the reason.

NOTE:

1: A character's starting class determines which list they go on. For prepromotes, what would have been their starting class in their game determines which list they go on. For example, Renault is a Bishop, but his starting class would have been a Monk if he wasn't a prepromote, so he goes on the Monk/Bishop list. Yodel, on the other hand, goes on the Priest/Cleric/Bishop list, he is a Bishop but in Binding Blade Monk was not a class so his starting class would have been a Priest.

2: If a character is not playable in the main story, they are not included.

EDIT: Ever since the forums changed to the new(ish) system, the links to all the other topics/polls just link back to this one for some reason. I'd re-link them, but that's a bit too much work for this. My apologies.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say Eliwood comes in at third for me. He goes through a lot of emotional events during the course of his game, it makes me root for him even more. Then Eirika and Hector come in after him. For me it'd go:

Lyn > Ephraim > Eliwood > Eirika > Hector

I can't judge Roy fairly, since I haven't played his game (yet).

EDIT: And now, after experiencing Binding Blade, I would put Roy after Ephraim and before Eliwood.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I really love Eirika! She always gets overshadowed by Ephraim on popularity and ability, but she is most like me. We both tend to try and give people the benefit of the doubt, even if it doesn't always get us in the best of situations; I also really understand her reasons for always trying to trust Lyon. Poor kids...

I like that her character actually grows a little over the course of the story, something I don't really see as much with Roy, Ephraim or the FE7 lords.

Plus, I like Eirika's path more since it makes more sense story-wise...

Hector is my fav probably because the axe is my favorite weapon in FE and "hey look finally theres a important character that uses them!" but i also had the biggest crush on erika when i was little xD plus she was a damn good unit in my playthrough.

Also can someone explain to me why a lot of people like ephraim?(besides from being a great unit and all) to me I feel like he had no personality whatsoever and his support with Tana was painful to watch (bear with me hear i havent played the game in a while) in his route it was all "we must capture the castle" "oh orson betryed us? that sucks well whatevs" "got a new spear yaay..." if i could describe his attitude in one word it would be "meh" and I saw him as a background character and I felt more of a connection with eirika.

This is actually one of the hardest questions Fire Emblem relatated ever. Damn, the GBA Lords where all awesome in their own rights. Only dislike Eirika slightly, but even she wasn't half bad. Damn.

Guess it's between Hector, Ephraim and Roy. Yes, Roy. He's cool in his own way. He's definitely higher than his daddy on my list, despite Eliwood's caps being far more favorable (and I wish Roy had them). Sword of Seals is the coolest personal weapon ever though. And I never really had a stat-screwed Roy. Guess I'm a lucky one in that regard though.

Guess I'm gonna vote for Roy, cause he probably has the least votes.

So rankings:

1: Roy / Hector / Ephraim

2: Lyn

3: Eliwood

4: Eirika

Hector is my fav probably because the axe is my favorite weapon in FE and "hey look finally theres a important character that uses them!" but i also had the biggest crush on erika when i was little xD plus she was a damn good unit in my playthrough.

Also can someone explain to me why a lot of people like ephraim?(besides from being a great unit and all) to me I feel like he had no personality whatsoever and his support with Tana was painful to watch (bear with me hear i havent played the game in a while) in his route it was all "we must capture the castle" "oh orson betryed us? that sucks well whatevs" "got a new spear yaay..." if i could describe his attitude in one word it would be "meh" and I saw him as a background character and I felt more of a connection with eirika.

I think most people like him from a gameplay perspective. He's one of the best Lord characters of the series, and one of the only ones to use a lance. But anyway, since you said *besides* being a great unit and all, for personality, I think it's pretty good, I like how he's more "tactical" than other Lord characters, more battle-driven if that makes sense. But I can definitely see why he'd seem like "meh" in that regard.

Regarding Roy. I don't see why the majority doesn't like him very much. Now I haven't played his game, but I have researched it a bit, and from everything I've read about him, and everything I've seen, he seems like a good character personality-wise, and gameplay-wise he's got the awesome Sword of Seals, although I can definitely see late promotion hurting him a lot. Anyway, can someone explain to me why most think his personality is bland?

Best Lords:
Ephraim > Lyn > Hector > Roy > Eirika > Eliwood

Emphraim has the best design and is the only lance based lord. Lyn has a strong design and is one of the stronger FE females. Hector has a mode more interesting that the normal main mode. Roy has a pretty good design and has crossed over to other series. Eirika has a strong design, but she is just too naive in her game. Eliwood is just the worst of the bunch.

However, Lyn is my favorite.

Yeah that makes sense battle driven could be a good word to describe him and his stats prove it I guess his fatal flaw would be his personality lol

I havent played roys game either and I never bothered to learn more about it and like you said due to his late promotion hes seen as the weakest lord character stat wise. However I dont see a lot of hate for him I mean youve got the fangirls/guys loving him without actually playing game and knowing literally nothing about him and the whole "he was in ssb so he must be cool and awesome!" so I dont see where the hate is coming from personality wise

Edited by CrimsonRaven

It's a matter of Roy contributing nothing to the team that nobody else can (Dieck, Rutger and the cavs handle all your sword needs) besides Rapier, and that's still a rather weak effective weapon AND 90% of his targets wield lances (which chop off 3 Mt factoring in effectiveness). Half his growth potential also goes to waste because he can't promote until the last tenth of the game, and while the Binding Blade helps it does not compensate for being a liability beyond the Western Isles. Being required to seize is more of a strike against him rather than for him because he's still putting a deployment slot to waste unless he's like 3+ above his averages. Personality-wise he doesn't get much character development, if any, unlike Eliwood in FE7.

So while I don't hate him I can see why other people would.

Roy might get not much character development perse, but still... The whole story kind of does it for him. Guess it's a matter of perspective. The way I see it, is that he's a highly idealistic boy, but he's brave as fuck. Well, yeah, the moments he's actually doing shit on the battlefield at least. :rolleyes: It's quite a step up from previous Lords before him, Sigurd aside though (then again, only Ephraim, Ike and Hector compare to the badass-level of Sigurd).

I just voted Flare Boy cause he gets all the ladies, I like the Sword of Seals, and I actually never had a bad Roy (stat-wise) myself. At the very least, he offers good support with his Fire affinity for the moment he's useless on the battlefield. And in all actuality, you can still just give him a Slim Sword to weaken up some enemies, and then finish with characters that need babying to make him somewhat useful on the battlefield. You gotta bring him along anyway! And more than likely, he won't have the Strenght to kill most enemies with the Slim Sword (my current playthrough aside however! mahboigotStrenghtblessed :awesome: ). So yeah, there's that. He can also serve as a meatshield if anything else.

As units though, I'd rank the Lords like this:

Ephraim > Hector > Lyn > Eirika = Eliwood > Roy.

Ranked Hector lower than Ephraim cause he has more tendicies to get Speed screwed, whereas Ephraim just rapes wherever he goes without stop. I also find Lances as main weapon more advantagous than Axes, especially in the beginning of the game. After promotion, Hector beats Ephraim though. But I rank Ephraim higher cause even though you don't pick his route, he holds his own. Hector actually becomes worse when you pick his route cause his promotion comes so damn late (yes, I see this as an issue). They are quite even however, but Ephraim tops him in my opinion cause of Lances. Could change my opinion later that they're equals though...

I ranked Lyn higher than Eirika cause Lyn has a extra mode, that begins before the 'main game'. And most choose to take that route, cause Lyn rocks and an extra 45 uses for Mani Katti to raise her gives you basically no excuse not to. However, if you don't do Lyn mode, and choose Eirka's route in FE8, Eirika is better. But that's a 50/50 choice. Lyn's 'prologue' is like... 85/15 choice. :rolleyes: Lyn has an advantage of promoting earlier though, and having two weapon types.

Eliwood is equal to Eirika to me cause both are basically 'hit or miss' characters. They can turn awesome, or terrible. Had more luck with Eliwood though, but Eirka has a slight advantage by her promotion time, if you didn't take Eliwood's route. Eliwood gets Lances after promotion, and then becomes the class Ephraim should be, with comparable caps. Yet, he never really reaches that potential. Whereas Eirika's caps could potentially make Ephraim give up the thrown of Renais to her. So yeah, both have potential, but most of the time never really get there, and both are quite unsteady in growths, and are the least likely to reach their caps.

Roy is basically a Eliwood prototype, sans Lances. But with a great personal weapon. I personally think he could hold his own against Eirika and his father though, but his late promotion hurt him badly. His caps are possibily the worst out of all GBA Lords, but at least he'll reach them more than likely. Like Eliwood, he can use Durandal, but is weighted down by it. His options on the battlefield are still better than Eirika's with this though, but he lacks a horse... :facepalm:

I would assume Roy's support conversations would give him some development, unless the supports are kinda lame? Haven't read them all, unsure lol.

As for ranking them all, I usually always pick my favorites according to the *character* I like most, gameplay plays a little part but I try to not let it override the personality of all the characters. If I ranked them all by how good they are as unites, it'd go (once again excluding Roy):

Ephraim > Hector > Lyn > Eliwood = Eirika