1. 1. Which GBA Lord is your favorite?

• Roy
    • Lyn
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2020 at 08:49 AM

Yeah, having to wait until Chapter 21 wasn't very fun. But then again, I didn't mind the difficulty or raising Roy, or even the game in general - I assumed that Binding Blade was the default difficulty for Fire Emblem as a whole. (I was surprised how Eirika, Ephraim, (or Chrom in Awakening) were easy to raise.)

Anyway, I vote Roy because he was the first lord that I played with - in other words, he introduced me to the series I follow, and nothing could beat that. Plus, disregarding stats, it was epic to see him eventually lead the Allies against Bern.

Eirika would come second as she was one of the first Nintendo heroine I played/saw and followed outside of Pokémon (courtesy of Misty (in the anime) and Kris (in the games)) or non-Lord units (courtesy of Lilina) which wasn't anywhere near being "OMG, I'm kidnapped! Save me!!". Blazing Sword is one of the few FE games that I am uninterested so I can't really say about Lyn, Eliwood, or Hector.

Edited by henrymidfields

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In story-wise, I'll choose Roy.

Because, it is incredible to think that a 15 years old boy, suddenly must lead an army against bigger and tougher opposition, which is Bern, when he has almost no experience on war (maybe?).

And yeah, he is calm and quite wise despite of his age.

Roy > Hector > Lyn > Ephraim > Eirika > Eliwood

Stat-wise...

Hector > Ephraim > Lyn > Eirika > Eliwood > Roy

If only Roy has better growths, quicker promotion, and bigger caps...

If we're doing inequalities, I'd go like this:

Eliwood > Eirika > Ephraim > Lyn > Roy > Hector.

I like all of them, as I don't find any of them particularly bad, but I feel that Eliwood and Eirika are much better than the others.

If we're doing inequalities

I don't care how people pick their favorites. Whether it be how much they like them as characters, how they like them as units...doesn't matter. Your favorite is your favorite, doesn't have to mean the best unit, but it can if that's how you like to pick.

• 4 weeks later...

Personality or statistics, I give both to Hector. I love inequalities, so here you are;

Character; Hector>Lyn>Ephraim>Eliwood>Eirika>Roy

I may take a little flak for this, but I feel like Eliwood, Eirika, Roy and Marth are the same character in different stories. Not that I necessarily dislike this character, but it's become predictable, and I judge them moreso for their personal struggles and stories than their personalities.

Gameplay; Hector>Ephraim>Lyn>Eirika>Roy>Eliwood

This is from personal experience, not actual numbers. Otherwise Roy would be dead-last if not for good ol' dad dropping the ball in just about every playthrough. The only stat he ever exceeds in for me is speed, his worst(?) cap.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I haven't played much of Binding Blade or Sacred Stones so my opinion may change down the line. But for now, from a gameplay perspective, Hector is by far my favorite, though from a personality and story perspective, Lyn is my favorite.

Gameplay-wise:

Ephraim > Lyn > Hector = Eliwood > Eirika > Our boy

Roy suffers from eleventh-hour promotion, lock to a single weapon type, and all-around blah stats. Then again, the Sword of Seals rocks..

Eirika is a Myrmidon with a rapier who calls on the moon's power to tame a horse.

Eliwood tends to be either blessed or screwed for me. His 8-mov promotion is pretty cool, though, and the Rapier is alright. Durandal is way too fat for him though. EDIT: His promotion has 7-mov, making him a glorified Cavalier.

Hector's a great physical tank with just alright speed. Wolf Beil is great (when it hits), and he can actually wield Armads, but an armor promotion does him no favors. Also, he or Eliwood has to line up with a tenth-hour forced promotion.

Lyn is a Myrmidon with a sacred blade who calls upon the heavens to wield a bow. Swordmaster with bows is pretty stellar, if a bit frail.

Finally, Ephraim. Though he suffers a few of his sister's issues (mono-weapon-type, iffy promotion), his bases and growths are just really great, and he's never let me down. Also, Reginleif is probably my favorite "Rapier-model weapon", and Siegmund the flame lance is nice too. FYI, I voted for Ephraim.

Character wise... Hector is my favorite. I love how different he is from other Lords - his sarcastic sense of humor and brash attitude make the facade of a fiercely loyal and dependable, if hot-headed, companion. And even though he isn't the main hero of FE7, sometimes he feels the most human - especially in relation to Uther. I don't think I can really rate the others, though, so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate

• 2 weeks later...

When they do a remake of FE6/FE7 for the 3DS, I expect them to spare no expense on Lyn's animations. She needs to lunge, disappear, and do flips all over the screen like she used to. Then she'll appear in the FE6 part of the game, and it'll be canon because yeah.

I miss the FE7 Lords.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't get all the love for Hector. He seems really mediocre to me, compared to Eliwood. 'Sides, Eliwood gets a horse. That's pretty cool. I voted Lyn, though, because I really like the woman lords. Her and Eirika basically tied for me.

"Who are you? Wait, hold your name. What do I care what a corpse is called?"

"Sit on your throne... And let it rot beneath you!"

I don't adore Hector as much as Eliwood either, but I still find him pretty entertaining and written well enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Ephraim. I'm really sorry, Ephy fans, but I HATE his guts. If he wasn't a main lord, I'd send him into a max-stats Demon king, with his little Reginleif. Good luck getting yourself outta that one, Gary Stue. Aside from MR. My-fight-or-flight-reactions-always-work-for-me-because-I'm-Ephraim, I like Eliwood the most. His story is sad, and I can relate to the guy. Lastly, Roy.... He Gets too much crap. Yes. His promotion is late. However. He has a sense of duty around him that is echoed in the words of those around him. Take for example, the supports of Lot and Deke.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, Hector's probably my favorite overall, for breaking the traditional Fire Emblem Lord mold in terms of both class function and personality (if not heritage or hair color). He's always just been a really vibrant and interesting character to me.

While Ephraim does also use a different weapon type and have a different personality from the usual, I feel he's less divergent from the norm overall, and I also just plain like Hector's personality more.

From a strictly gameplay perspective, Roy is definitely my favourite lord in the entire series. That's because Binding Blade has two things in its favour that make it great: a focus on the Seize objective, and a turn-based ranking system. I know that the FE6 ranking system isn't the best (it's too easy, most of the other ranks are shit, I also think some aspects of it are glitched iirc?), but it still works very well. Your strategy becomes about getting Roy - an often underleveled unit with low movement and poor combat potential - to the goal as fast as possible. Seize should be the standard for all Fire Emblem maps, and Roy is living proof. So good.

As a character... Roy again, I guess? I've definitely argued that Lyn is fairly underrated in the past, but I think Roy still might clinch it. He's like diet Marth - learning the responsibility and bravery of leadership and all that. I like him a lot.

Edited by Dark Magician

I love Roy so I gave him my vote.

Not as a unit tho, he's terrible at it. But his character is what I like since he's pretty simple, yet somehow more enjoyable than the rest.

There's also my bias since Awkward Zombie's best comics make fun of him so I just gotta love him.

As a unit however... I gotta say it's a draw between Ephraim and Hector, since both of them kick ass heavily and use a different weapon unlike every single other Lord.

I just realized I never ranked them overall in this thread

Personality-wise:

Roy > Eirika > Eliwood >>>> Ephraim > Hector >>>>>>>>> Lyn

Gameplaywise:

Ephraim > Eliwood > Lyn > Eirika > Hector >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roy

Roy would be significantly better if his promotion came at a more reasonable time.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

• 2 months later...

Roy's my- no. I really like both Lyn and Hector (hell, I had a mini crush on Lyn for a while). Both are beasts in game, and both have an interesting personality (though their back stories are rather plain). However, Lyn has better animations imo so I'm afraid I'd give her the position here.

List:

1. Lyn

2. Hector

3. Ephraim/Eirika

4. Eliwood

5. Roy

• 4 weeks later...

Personality wise Hector = Lyndis > Eirika > Roy > Ephraim > Eliwood.

Hector's personality is tough but caring. His story leads to him choosing his friend or brother, Oswin admits he would have stayed by Uthers side.

Lyndis, she is a strong and caring woman who from the beginning does not give a f**k what you say, she is a proud Sacaen. She only started her journey to avenge her parents, which would have made a side story, but Wallace killed them all.

Eirika, is Naive young woman who you can tell was a little spoiled, but her struggles are that of a Princess who has never seen action until the paralouge. Every other Lord, seems to already have an idea of fighting/killing before the game starts.

Roy, he feels very generic and the game should probably have given him more personality, due to him becoming leader because everyone else is either sick or dead. But, he does get the job done. His ability to stay calm in the face of terror to keep his army calm is a good trait that the other lords dont have.

Ephraim, feels too perfect. He freaking escaped Valter, one of the top three generals of Grado, with just two knights. Orson, should have defeated Forde and Kyle with ease and captured Ephraim. Ephraim, saves Eirika, twice with just two other units. Too much plot armor.

Eliwood, too generic in every way. All hisvsupports feel generic. His only redeeming qualities are he has Roy as a soon and can bang a half dragon.Though his support with Ninian is cute.

Gameplay

Hector 9.5 Low speed and resistance. But can tank all physical attacks and kill opponents with ease

Ephraim 9 Well, balanced, pure spear fighter

Lyndis 9 Critcal Master, Good luck (Pun intended) hitting her with anything other than lances. But Very frail.

Eirika 9.5 cant really campare her to Lyndis because Sacred Stones is too easy. So, she is still fast and little more durable in resistance.

Eliwood 7, he will hit everything with his Rapier but he wont be doing much damage.

Roy, 8.5 will not excel at anything, but Binding Blade kills final boss. So, automatic 8.5.

• 2 weeks later...

Hector>Ephriam>Eliwood>Eirika>Lyn>Roy

^This is kind of untrue due to the fact that they're equal in battle, but Eliwood has a better personality

• 3 weeks later...

Why does Ephriam have so many votes? He's about as Gary-Stue as Gary-Stues get.

I feel the fact that he does have so many votes is because of the fact that he's an admittedly powerful unit. Personality need not be the only reason for liking a character in the FE series. No matter how bland or gary-stuish they may be. Edited by Just call me AL