1. 1. Which GBA Lord is your favorite?

• Roy
    • Lyn
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2020 at 08:49 AM

I'm voting Roy since he's not an idiot.

My most recent FE being 6 might have something to do with it.

I also started it after reading the first few chapters of Fates and I'm probably just happy with any lord not named Kamui.

Seriously fuck their bullshit naive personality to the point of stupidity.

Of course the game can't call you out on this so

[spoiler=Fates spoilers] He wins a battle without killing anyone.

By magic I guess.

Roy>Lyn>Hector=Ephraim=Eliwood>Erika

Edit: I see people saying Roy doesn't have flaws. Yea he's a great tactician, but he's physically weak and kinda sucks at fighting himself.

Or you can get a blessed Roy and pile on stat boosters.

Edited by zerosabers

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lords are a really tough decision. I mean, Roy is my boy, but at the same time, Lyn is best girl. Hector is always amazing for me stat-wise, and he just reeks confidence.

If I ranked them all, it'd probably go Roy=Lyn=Hector>Eirika>Eliwood>Epharim.

I'm voting for Roy in the poll though, since I mained Roy in SSBM, and he was my introductory Lord for Fire Emblem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lyn>Roy>Eliwood>Eirika>Ephraim>Hector

Lyn and Roy are actually my two favorite lord characters in the series, so it's only a contest between the two. In the end, I picked Lyn, because bow bias.

That said, I'm not a fan of either Ephraim or Hector, because both seem to LOVE getting rng screwed on my playthroughs and Hector's promotion is easily the worst of the FE7 lord promotions.

I voted for Roy mainly because it was him (more specifically, his red hair and flaming sword) in Melee that got me interested. Ike truly brought me in, but he's not on the list.

Aside from nostalgia, my personal list is Lyn>Ephraim>Hector>Roy>Eliwood>Eirika.

Eirika felt a little whiny to me. I still like her, but not as much as the others.

EDIT: Forgot Hector XP

Edited by Power Master

Personally, as a guy who has played through all fire emblem games...

(JK lol playing binding blade right now xD)

Out of the other 5 lords,

Hector for me would trump everyone else.

Lyn, I mean she's OK, not that great for me, but hey, my personal view.

Eliwood, pretty bad-ass, hurts alot for the enemy, but doesn't make the list

I've played Fire emblem sacred stones about 20 times (not kidding), so i know who i Like better.

Eirika, No. Maybe yes to other people, but for me, her stat growths are horrible, and by horrible, I mean HORRIBLE.

Ephraim, Just a new level of insane, personally, i think he would match up with Hector, but the weapon triangle makes him at a disadvantage.

Regarding Roy, chapter 7, using the arena, then i found out that he promotes at chapter 21.

Yay.

He still is pretty good, i hardly think that he can beat Hector tho.

Still, pretty cool character design, and AMAZING character in Super Smash Brothers Wii U edition...

Wait.

Wrong forums for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I thought I was always the one with odd opinions! :P: I like Roy, Eliwood, and Eirika, they're my third, fourth, and fifth favorite characters in the series.

Roy's my second favorite, Eirika fourth, and Eliwood somewhere around 9-12

roy is my favourite lord of the franchise as a character and it pains me to see how disliked he is. he's truly a tragedy in gameplay though ;_;

in fact my opinions on the gba lords as characters have changed a bit, so:

roy > ephraim > eirika > eliwood > lyn > hector

roy is lovely. ephraim is a lot more nuanced than I remembered, he's great. eirika had a lot of potential but they don't use her enough beyond being ephraim's sister, which is a shame because she is nuanced and flawed in her own way (eirika naively giving her sacred stone to lyon was a really good scene). eliwood has a similar problem in that his personality has a lot going for it (and he's not that similar to roy!) but he doesn't develop and hector and lyn get in his way. lyn mode had potential in a fe5 small-scale battle sort of way but it's watered down, and then lyn doesn't get development of her own afterwards. hector's mode makes him more developed and his friendship with eliwood is cute but some aspects of his personality (the childish ones) don't age well.

they remain the same in gameplay though

hector > ephraim > eirika > eliwood > lyn > roy

roy is (sadly) pitiful, lyn and eliwood are barely passable, eirika benefits from an easy game because she is lyn 2.0, ephraim is competent and hector is pretty useful.

Edited by Axie