Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the new anime special is part of Ash's anime or is it a separate anime like Pokemon Origins? (I kinda saw that Pokemon the Series XY Japanese version logo and the full title, but I wasn't too sure if has any connection to Pokemon the Series XY?)

Edited by King Marth 64

Is the new anime special is part of Ash's anime or is it a separate anime like Pokemon Origins? (I kinda saw that Pokemon the Series XY Japanese version logo and the full title, but I wasn't too sure if has any connection to Pokemon the Series XY?)

The latter.

I have no idea about the plot either. We'll just have to wait until it comes out.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Man, what are the odds of getting 2 shinies on the same day?

Got a shiny Cubchoo in a horde and a shiny Beautifly in a Friend Safari.

And this is without the Shiny Charm.

It wasn't in the same day, but I got my only 2 shinies in a very short interval(a shiny geodude in a horde that was nearly koed by the others and a shiny aron that I got while breeding)

Pff, Mega Charizard X is way cooler than Y, imo. Y isn't bad, don't get me wrong, I just like X way more. Black with blue flames is a kickass combination, plus it gains Dragon type. :D

For once, I'm considering EV training a Charmander so I can use a Mega Charizard X. And I don't even like Charizard!

Edited by Anacybele

Pff, Mega Charizard X is way cooler than Y, imo. Y isn't bad, don't get me wrong, I just like X way more. Black with blue flames is a kickass combination, plus it gains Dragon type. :D

For once, I'm considering EV training a Charmander so I can use a Mega Charizard X. And I don't even like Charizard!

Tip; Dragon Dance is a must, since Charizard X is bar none the best offensive Dragon Dancer in the game. If you can't be arsed to breed DD into it, Swords Dance is a decent alternative.

For parents, Gyarados is probably your best bet. It learns Dragon Dance earlier than most Dragon Egg Group Pokemon, IIRC.

Outrage is optional; when all fairies are removed, Tough Claws and Dragon Dance-boosted Outrage will dent everything, even steel types. Go for Dragon Claw if you either can't be arsed to breed, or you don't want to give Mawile or Azumarill a free turn to set-up.

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

Tip; Dragon Dance is a must, since Charizard X is bar none the best offensive Dragon Dancer in the game. If you can't be arsed to breed DD into it, Swords Dance is a decent alternative.

For parents, Gyarados is probably your best bet. It learns Dragon Dance earlier than most Dragon Egg Group Pokemon, IIRC.

Outrage is optional; when all fairies are removed, Tough Claws and Dragon Dance-boosted Outrage will dent everything, even steel types. Go for Dragon Claw if you either can't be arsed to breed, or you don't want to give Mawile or Azumarill a free turn to set-up.

Mkay, thanks for the tip. I think I already have a dragon that knows Dragon Dance though, so that'll be no problem. Thing is, I think the Charizard I already have is male...

Mkay, thanks for the tip. I think I already have a dragon that knows Dragon Dance though, so that'll be no problem. Thing is, I think the Charizard I already have is male...

If you have a friend safari with Charmeleon, you can easily get a female one if you have a male Pokemon with Cute Charm at the front.

Edit: and I get Ninjask'd. Its still good advice tho.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Now if only we could do the same with Eggs...

Except I don't have a male Pokemon with Cute Charm either. My only Cute Charmer is my Sylveon, and she's a girl. xP

Use her to easily get a male Jigglypuff with Cute Charm Edited by Sety.

There's an idea. But I want to see if I actually have a Friend Safari with Charmeleon first.

I have some Jolly Charmander with Outrage and Dragon Dance to get you started off, if you want. You still need to find that female Charmeleon, but it would still help once you get to the actual breeding.

Here's one thing I love about megas; the ability roll means jack-shit, for every Mega that isn't Mawile. Sure, if the female is the one with the ability, the chance of having a different ability is lessened, but that chance is still there.

So if you get a perfect SWARM Scyther? Who cares, Mega-Scizor gets Technician anyway.

You could also just Ability Capsule and run a different Mega if your team has that option in that situation. (Or for other Pokémon that got the wrong ability and don't require a Hidden Ability.)

Here's one thing I love about megas; the ability roll means jack-shit, for every Mega that isn't Mawile. Sure, if the female is the one with the ability, the chance of having a different ability is lessened, but that chance is still there.

So if you get a perfect SWARM Scyther? Who cares, Mega-Scizor gets Technician anyway.

There's a couple others, like moxie pinsir and heracross, lightningrod manectric, and flash fire houndoom, maybe even scrappy kangaskhan. But I guess they're just for utility