Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

If you want something "fast" to use rain, consider Tornadus or Thundurus Incarnate. Both are fast, have Prankster, moves abuseable in rain and at least U-Turn.

Or you could go for bulk and use something like Bronzong.

I'll go for Thundurus.

Never was a fan of Bronzong, but I've used it before. Thanks.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finally completed the Central Kalos Pokedex! :D And for the first time ever, I actually completed a Pokedex at all. lol

I took a break after getting my Axew to Fraxure, then finished getting Fraxure to Haxorus today. Don't you get a reward somewhere for each completed Pokedex?

I've finally completed the Central Kalos Pokedex! :D And for the first time ever, I actually completed a Pokedex at all. lol

I took a break after getting my Axew to Fraxure, then finished getting Fraxure to Haxorus today. Don't you get a reward somewhere for each completed Pokedex?

If you go see Professor Sycamore after completing the full Kalos pokedex(Coastal, Central and Mountain) and the National Dex, you respectively get the Round Charm and Shiny Charm(increase the chances of getting egg/finding shinies)

That can't be right. I already have the Oval Charm (it's not "Round Charm") and I've only completed one Pokedex. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you get a reward from someone for completing each individual Kalos Pokedex too.

Edited by Anacybele

That can't be right. I already have the Oval Charm (it's not "Round Charm") and I've only completed one Pokedex. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you get a reward from someone for completing each individual Kalos Pokedex too.

You don't need to have caught every pokemon in the kalos dex to receive the Oval Charm, you just need to have seen all of them(except Mewtwo and the bird trio). You actually need to own every pokemon(except the event legends) to complete the national dex and receive the Shiny Charm. And as far as I know, there's no reward for each individual pokedex(maybe a diploma like Takao said, but that's it)

It really needed to be Dark type so it gets STAB and actual offensive presence.

Meganette should be played more like Thundurus as opposed to Sableye. It should kill something and then cripple the would be revenge killer.

Question: when geodudes kill each other with earthquake in horde battles, does that change the amount of EVs I get at the end since I didn't technically defeat them myself?

well, i was knocked out of the battle maison at my 89 win at super singles. some lucky regigigas managed to get my dragonite to hit itself in confusion twice and dodge three dragon claws with one double team. oh and i was nearly swept by a choice scarf terrakion.

[spoiler=team]

Pinsir @ Pinsirite

Adamant 252 Atk 252 Spd

Swords Dance

Quick Attack

Close Combat

Return

Dragonite @ Lum Berry

Adamant uhhhhhhhh general bulky nite

Dragon Dance

Thunder Punch

Dragon Claw

Extreme Speed

Greninja @ Expert Belt

Dark Pulse

Surf

Grass Knot

Ice Beam

the best way to get a good streak at battle maison is with truant durant and a pokemon with protect/boosting attack. I used a mega blaziken with hone claws and double kick and got to 150 without much effort

Edited by Your Mother

Question: when geodudes kill each other with earthquake in horde battles, does that change the amount of EVs I get at the end since I didn't technically defeat them myself?

I think that you do get EVs and Exp, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

As google didn't deliver I had to try myself:

You get full EVs and EXP - just tried it with Geodudes. Killed 3 in the first battle (thanks to sturdy 3 survived the first surf), reset, killed one in another horde battle.

Both times 10 Defense EVs and my level 1 Chimchar jumped to 900 EXP/lvl 11.

Edited by Assurhaddon

It has trouble trying to fit in 4 good moves already. Trying to fit in with just 3 slots...

A little late to the party, but like SpacemanCraig said, Meganette is nothing like Sableye.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
Banette is already a relative squishy pokemon, so it really can't switch into anything. Like previously said, Banette does an excellent job at revenge killing with Shadow Sneak (off of a staggering 471 attack stat), and then crippling the would be revenge killer with a will-o-wisp, and if you desperately need to take a large threat down, and your Banette is dispensable, Priority Bond does a good job at that. Banette also does a good job at scouting before mega-evolving with frisk and protect. Just don't let it take any unnecessary damage, because it will often leave a HUGE dent.

A little late to the party, but like SpacemanCraig said, Meganette is nothing like Sableye.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
Banette is already a relative squishy pokemon, so it really can't switch into anything. Like previously said, Banette does an excellent job at revenge killing with Shadow Sneak (off of a staggering 471 attack stat), and then crippling the would be revenge killer with a will-o-wisp, and if you desperately need to take a large threat down, and your Banette is dispensable, Priority Bond does a good job at that. Banette also does a good job at scouting before mega-evolving with frisk and protect. Just don't let it take any unnecessary damage, because it will often leave a HUGE dent.

Changing my Banette would require restructuring my entire team but I've been wanting to mix it up a bit. I'll give this a go.

Achieved 90 in Battle Streak, only losing to Brightpowder. I feel your pain, Comet.

Current Y Online Team: Volcarona, Dragonite, Rotom-W, Staraptor, Ferrothorn, M-Scizor.

Quiver Dance Timid Volcarona has life orb, Dragon Dance Adamant Dragonite has Weakness Policy, Chocie Band on Reckless Jolly Staraptor, Impish Ferrothorn/Modest Rotom-Wash use Leftovers.

For EVs, Volcarona, Dragonite, and Staraptor have the generic offensive spread. Mega Scizor has 64 Atk/252 HP/188 SpDef. Rotom wash has 56 SpAtk/220 Spd/232 HP. Ferrothorn uses 252 HP/48 Def/208 SpDef

Any suggestions?

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

Zygarde will be amazing, Volcanion seems decent aswell. I don't know about Hoopa - Magician isn't great, it's signature move isn't that great aswell and it got too high attack/low defense.

In addition Volcanion's and Hoopa's speed is slow, but not slow enough for Trick Room.

Edited by Assurhaddon