Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows confirmed to be for Zygarde, I guess. There's no way the look of the moves (having Zygarde's scale-like pattern) is no coincidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the online special battles will become singles inverse battles soon.

Psh. Whatever. I'll be interested when they have triple inverse little-cup sky battles - the most superior format of all.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite what Serebii and Bulba says I'm beginning to doubt that Aegislash line gender ratio is 50:50. Is there any other sources that say otherwise? From the ~60 I've bred so far the ratio seems closer to 75m:25f, so I'm not sure if the 50:50 is actually confirmed through code data and what I have is just an anomaly, or the 50:50 is inaccurate data.

I'll breed more and if this trend continues I'll run some numbers around 200 or so.

Aw sweet, it's a remix of Blue's and Lance's (and Red's) champion themes. It's sounds pretty rad too, though it seems like there's a bit of a focus to the Johto themes, at least that's what it sounds like to me. Still totally radical sounding.

Edited by Konnor97

So I only managed to get in 50 out of 60 battles for the May International Competition.

I had a 2:1 W:L ration until yesterday, and I played terribly today, bringing my W:L to 30:20, or 3:2.

At best, I broke 1700, and ended up mid-1600s.

I played horribly, even with my terribly standard team of Mega Kangaskhan, Salamence,Gardevoir, Aegislash, Aerodactyl, and Mega Lucario. (Well, fine, maybe the last two aren't as common, but they're not too uncommon either.)

Also, that music sounds amazing.

And ROM dumps, yeah~!

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Ooh, interesting unused theme music. :o

Also, I got back to Pokemon X at last and started on the Coastal Kalos dex since I finished the Central one last time I played. Leveling up a Mienfoo to Mienshao is slow, but I'm getting there. lol

And I'm still working on my Keldeo in Super Training. He's come along very nicely and is nearly fully trained! I just need to get myself some Kelpsy Berries to feed him so his attack EVs go down to make more room for sp. attack and speed EVs.

Speaking of which, a tip for all you Super Training lovers out there: Grow yourself lots of berries that lower base stats. It makes it so much easier to manage your Pokemon's EVs. All the base stat-lowering berries are found only through mutations though, so get yourself a bunch of other berries and surprise mulch and get gardening! ^^

Here's a list of the berries that lower base stats:

Kelpsy Berry - Lowers Attack

Qualot Berry - Lowers Defense

Hondew Berry - Lowers Sp. Attack

Grepa Berry - Lowers Sp. Defense

Tamato Berry - Lowers Speed

Pomeg Berry - Lowers HP

Bulbapedia's pages on these berries can tell you which other berries are required to produce the mutations that result in these berries.

As for how to get surprise mulch, just put three berries of the same color in the mulch maker thing.

Edited by Anacybele

Or... you could just tap the bare punching bag on the Super Training screen until the RNG rolls that you find a Reset Bag, nuke all of the EVs with it, and spend about 30 minutes retraining it with the desired EV spread. A lot less effort in the long run than cross-breeding berries just to drop the EVs by 10 per berry, especially if the EVs are dispersed crazily from in-game play.

That takes forever. :/ I've let my Pokemon hit that thing for hours and never found a reset bag. Plus, a reset bag would reset ALL the EVs. I don't wish to start all over. Berries only lower one stat each.

I want to say there's another thing you can use for a full reset, but it requires Kee/Maranga berries.

Either way... I think it just takes 11 EV berries to completely drop a stat from 252. Did they change the thing where they only go with increments of 10 under 100?

Yeah, that sounds about right. I believe I fed Keldeo around that amount of each berry he needed before those stats dropped all the way.

And the berry field has plenty of space, so you can get all the berries you need fairly quickly. Lots of weeding and watering will result in larger crops too.

These berries also raise friendship, so if you're also working on a friendship evolution, you only double the benefits!