how hard if fe 9 maniac mode compared to other fe games

Junk

so i have never played fe 9 and people are saying this game is very easy, but people have said maniac mode is actually considerably harder than hard. so i want to know how hard is fe 9 maniac mode compared to other fe games, give some reasons please not just mm is harder than hard. so yeah.

There are a lot more enemies (very densely packed) and they often can match or exceed your character's stats (early on). There are a lot more siege tomes and status staves later on. Bexp is much less. Those are the big differences I think.

Best comparison is probably a bit harder than FE10 HM Part 1 (NTSC). Probably similar to FE6 HM but less accuracy silliness.

Edited by XeKr

You also gain less Exp per kill which makes leveling up and harder. You can look up the changes on the main site.

Or I could just tell you. The kill bonus is 10 EXP compared to hard mode's 15.

Edited by Hash Jar

It's definitely a significant jump from "HM" to MM. A little bit like FE13's HM from LM, but not as silly. It's a good difficulty, unlike the other boring ones.

This is how I remembered the difficulty. I really enjoyed Maniac Mode, and was kinda bummed to see it not included in the NA release. The difficulty felt just right, so that the player struggled but always had a chance. It felt planned out. Whereas personally, these later versions of Lunatic difficulties in FE11-13, it feels a little wonky and arbitrarily made up, throwing on high stats and pimped out weapons just to see if the player can find a way to manipulate a victory out of the game.

For me, Maniac Mode allowed a player to continue playing in a somewhat normal playstyle, but still had all the increased difficulties. Later Lunatic modes, or at least FE13's, put more emphasis on you gaming the game in order to survive.

thanks bearclaw, now i know why people consider maniac mode so hard, it is not the enemies stats and weapons but rather the number of enemies, seriously you have to pray that all the axe guys miss