hacks for tear ring saga?

Dark Nocturne

I really doubt anyone has a hack that is even 1/4 of the epicness of almost any hacks on serenesforest.

I still hate that the game creator was sued in court but the court said it wasn't a copyright breach, it contained basically 40% (if not more) of the gameplay features of fire emblem yet it still wasn't a "copyright breach". Was the judge fricking blind or something?

I wonder if anyone has done an FE hack that's a remake of TRS.

There is such a hack being worked on for FE4, by Japanese players. I don't know if it's a remake, however, as much as it's reexploring the TRS game and some of its mechanics through FE4's gameplay. It currently has several custom classes, skills, and even functional shields.

There is such a hack being worked on for FE4, by Japanese players. I don't know if it's a remake, however, as much as it's reexploring the TRS game and some of its mechanics through FE4's gameplay. It currently has several custom classes, skills, and even functional shields.

Could you direct me to a WIP patch, if possible?

Edited by GabrielKnight

Could you direct me to a WIP patch, if possible?

Yeah, I can do that :)

FE4_BSTSの系譜v3,2.zip 1.8 MB FE4_BSTSの系譜v3,2.zip 07/15 21:27

If that doesn't work, head over to this uploader and find a file download with the same name. There should be a button on the page you open regardless, with this text on it: 'ダウンロード'. Click this to begin your download.

Many of these files have helpful readmes and info on changes made to the game, explanations of new mechanics, items, and characters, and some other nifty stuff. Many of them go pretty well through a machine translator too, if you use them. The readme should let you know whether you need a headered ROM or not, but if it doesn't or there isn't a readme, just try one or the other until the patch works.

Let us know if you get it working, or run into any problems. Good luck!

Are you sure you're trying to patch a vanilla ROM, as in, one with no English patch already applied? I just tried softpatching (fe4.ips, fe4.ips) and it ran fine in Snes9x 1.53.

(It's actually cool to see how much is updated since the last version I tried, in the 1.0 range--the first map has been redesigned a bunch since then, amongst other things).

Are you sure you're trying to patch a vanilla ROM, as in, one with no English patch already applied? I just tried softpatching (fe4.ips, fe4.ips) and it ran fine in Snes9x 1.53.

(It's actually cool to see how much is updated since the last version I tried, in the 1.0 range--the first map has been redesigned a bunch since then, amongst other things).

Of course. When I tried to soft patch it, the game started in Japanese.

Edited by GabrielKnight

There is in fact a Nightmare-esque module for TRS. Head over to a place called gamevn forums (beware, it's Vietnamese) and search for something called TRSModify. You'll have to make an account first, which might be challenging. If you have any trouble, PM me and I'll see if I can send it to you directly.

Note: it's not anywhere near as comprehensive as the GBA Nightmare modules, but it does allow you to alter growth, stats, and skills, and probably more if you spend more time looking at it than I did.

Edited by BigBadMarshmallow

Well, this is a Japanese hack. You should start seeing the changes immediately once you get to the overworld map and the first chapter, as a reference.

Of course, I meant it started in Japanese to reiterate the fact that it wasn't the English patch. There were no changes to graphics at all. It was the normal Seisen on Keifu.

And you started up to the first chapter, where you could begin moving your units? Something isn't patching then--do you have soft-patching enabled on your emulator? Are you loading the correct ROM that you've patched?

Usually in cases like these, there is a small technical error happening on the side of the user. I'd suggest you create a new folder on your desktop, load up a new rom and your patch, and try things in there, so that you have a (more) controlled environment. What emulator are you trying to use for this?

There is in fact a Nightmare-esque module for TRS. Head over to a place called gamevn forums (beware, it's Vietnamese) and search for something called TRSModify. You'll have to make an account first, which might be challenging. If you have any trouble, PM me and I'll see if I can send it to you directly.

Note: it's not anywhere near as comprehensive as the GBA Nightmare modules, but it does allow you to alter growth, stats, and skills, and probably more if you spend more time looking at it than I did.

Ah, thanks for sharing! Hopefully someone can find them if they ever wanna mess around with the game :)

Could you possibly upload the files on Mediafire or something please?

Edited by Woodshooter

• 2 weeks later...

when i downloaded it my avg antivirus wouldnt let me open it, said it was a severe viral threat :( darn but i disabled my virus protection for 5 mins and it ran just fine :D i just wanted to edit some growth rates a little, like giving mel a somewhat higher mag growth

Edited by Dark Nocturne