Duck's Idea for a New FE6+7 FE4-style Game

PM ME MARIANNE ART

The basis of the idea is this: The game begins in Lyn's story. It goes on to Eliwood's (Or Hector's if you unlock it). You go through Eliwood's/Hector's story. The difference is, it has the support system of Awakening, with added S supports so characters can get married. The marriages affect the children's growth rates later in the game. After the ending scene, you move on to Sword of Seals. The children's stats are not affected by the parent's level, but they're growth rates are (I.E. Erk!Raigh/Lugh would have ridiculously high magic growths). Once you get done with Zephiel, sidequests appear to recruit the parents, who have the same stats that they had when you left them at the end of Blazing Sword.

Changes:

-Marriage system that's not completely OP like in Awakening (Canas/Dorcas can't get S supports, as they are already married. Also, Bartre x Karla is cann, so they only S support with each other).

-Tactician is a character, you pick his starting class at the beginning of the game, as well as asset/flaw.

-Recruit surviving parents in the SoS half.

-Updated graphics, but not exactly the same as Awakening (We don't want Canas in that ridiculous Sorcerer outfit)

-Voice acting.

-World map, but no skirmishes.

-Limited arena use for each character (A character can only get so many level ups in a certain arena).

-DLC (Available for play after beating Zephiel)

-Going to also add in Karla to Eliwood's story, so then Fir doesn't seem like she just came in to existence.

My friend and I were speculating about a remake for FE7, and it escalated to this. What do you guys think?

Edited by Duck

For the most part it sounds good. But I feel like you should recruit the parents when it is more plot convinent. Like recruit rath when your in sacae. I'd also make it so you went both sacae and ilia. Also you can't recruit all parents a couple have died.

The difference is, it has the support system of Awakening, with added S supports so characters can get married.

I take it that since Bartre x Karla is canon, that those two can only S Support with each other, right?

Once you get done with Zephiel, sidequests appear to recruit the parents, who have the same stats that they had when you left them at the end of Blazing Sword.

Aren't most of the FE7 cast supposedly dead by the time FE6 rolls around, though? I know that Lilina's mother dies, Canas and his wife die in a blizzard, Karla dies of an illness, etc...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Gonna add in that Dorcas and Canas cannot get S supports, because they are both already married.

Also, @April How? There's no reclassing, no pair up, no skirmishes, no DLC grinding... It seemed to me that it only had the same support system.

Edited by Duck

The basis of the idea is this: The game begins in Lyn's story. It goes on to Eliwood's (Or Hector's if you unlock it). You go through Eliwood's/Hector's story. The difference is, it has the support system of Awakening, with added S supports so characters can get married. The marriages affect the children's growth rates later in the game. After the ending scene, you move on to Sword of Seals.

That sounds like it'll be a nice change, although I'm not too fond of Awakening's support system because it relies heavily on Pair Up. Maybe make something like RD, where a number of things affect the support system separately?

The children's stats are not affected by the parent's level, but they're growth rates are (I.E. Erk!Raigh/Lugh would have ridiculously high magic growths).

So are you saying this is going to be another Stat Inflation: The Game? Also, while I agree level shouldn't be a factor, maybe have something like FE10 transfers where the children gain one point for every stat a parent capped (+2 or +3 HP)?

Once you get done with Zephiel, sidequests appear to recruit the parents, who have the same stats that they had when you left them at the end of Blazing Sword.

Not gonna work without heavily changing the plot, because several characters die in-between games and Hector dies during FE6. If it were for trial maps though then I have no objections.

-Marriage system that's not completely OP like in Awakening

As in no Pair Up, I assume.

-Tactician is a character, you pick his starting class at the beginning of the game, as well as asset/flaw.

Pass. I wouldn't be opposed to having choices that would affect the plot, though.

-Updated graphics, but not exactly the same as Awakening (We don't want Canas in that ridiculous Sorcerer outfit)

Sensible outfits? :D

So basically the same as it was in the originals...

-Limited arena use for each character (A character can only get so many level ups in a certain arena).

Limiting the number of battles would be a better idea because if you're gaining little EXP you can still milk a lot of money. How about a limit to how many times the faction as a whole can use it?

-Lilina mode that comes after Hector mode (Lilina starts as a mage lord, Roy can start as maybe a mercenary).

What's the point of this? I mean sure Lilina needs screen time, but I don't think it warrants another game mode. Heck, I thought the Eliwood/Hector split was unnecessary because of how little difference there was between them.

Personally, I don't think an inheritance system like Awakening's or FE4's would work for a combined FE6/7 remake. There just aren't enough characters in FE6 who are children of characters in FE7 AND don't have predefined parents. Really the only ones tat come to mind are Roy, Lilina, Wolt, Lou, Raigh, Sue, and Hugh.

I'm not opposed to FE6 having its story modified to include more stuff/characters from FE7, but IMO having FE7 units be playable isn't really that good of an idea, mainly because FE6 doesn't exactly have a shortage of units.

The basis of the idea is this: The game begins in Lyn's story. It goes on to Eliwood's (Or Hector's if you unlock it). You go through Eliwood's/Hector's story. The difference is, it has the support system of Awakening, with added S supports so characters can get married. The marriages affect the children's growth rates later in the game. After the ending scene, you move on to Sword of Seals. The children's stats are not affected by the parent's level, but they're growth rates are (I.E. Erk!Raigh/Lugh would have ridiculously high magic growths). Once you get done with Zephiel, sidequests appear to recruit the parents, who have the same stats that they had when you left them at the end of Blazing Sword.

I always thought that it'd be cool if there was just one story line with multiple legs rather than three separate, but similar story lines.

Also, no Awakening support system, please. Well, maybe the support system itself isn't too bad, but no pair ups, please.

Also, some of the parents die... and with so many chapters as it is (assuming you combine FE6 and FE7) I don't think they would need many side quests. The game already has two games in one. DLC might be okay, though.

Another thing would be... who would pair up with who? Intelligent Systems choosing the wrong pairs could create lots and lots and lots of rage. Would Lyn marry Eliwood? Hector? Rath? Think of the pairing wars.

Rey is suffering enough as it is, people. ...Although, if there was a MU and he could marry anybody like in Awakening, I'm sure Rey would cry tears of joy knowing that he could marry Ninian...

The mechanics and support system (and supports) are, in my opinion, the most important things to keep in mind in the given situation.

Changes:

-Marriage system that's not completely OP like in Awakening (Canas/Dorcas can't get S supports, as they are already married. Also, Bartre x Karla is cann, so they only S support with each other).

-Voice acting.

-Lilina mode that comes after Hector mode (Lilina starts as a mage lord, Roy can start as maybe a mercenary).

-Going to also add in Karla to Eliwood's story, so then Fir doesn't seem like she just came in to existence.

My friend and I were speculating about a remake for FE7, and it escalated to this. What do you guys think?

Tactician? Yeah, sure. I'd love a MU. But in this case, I think it would be good if your MU had to stick to that class. Also, no grinding and skills. They're good and add fun to FE, but I'd like it to be more... simple. Like FE12 or something. No world map; it's useless.

DLC means grinding. And I don't want grinding to be available, period. Ergo, while I like the idea of DLC, I don't want it in that particular game. FE13 was enough.

Limited use of arena? Hm... no. Make it limited not to usage, but to money. Like in FE12. You can use it as long as you have the money, but using money would lower the tactician score, something someone like me wouldn't like happening, which in turn would discourage me from arena use.

Also, no "Lilina mode." Just spruce up the maps and story, adding some sidequests, maybe.

Oh, and yes to sidequests; no to sidequests recruiting parents.

Just my two cents.

I think parents should only influence like, 5% in a difference in growth rates. Awakening and FE4 where extremely unbalanced cause of this.

Otherwise, it's a good idea. I only would add a few things perhaps:

-Both Sacae and Ilia are visited in FE6.

-Hector is playable in a chapter prior to FE6's Chapter 3. It's a Defend chapter. You have to make at least Hector survive like, 20 turns. Make it story-line related somehow. Something dramatic, to make Hector's death more noble.

-Eliwood becomes the general of the Lycian Army responsible for the defence of Lycia in FE6. So give him a few chapters where he deals with Bern attacking Lycia again or something.

-Lyn could have a few chapters fighting against Bern and the Djute clan to.

- Roy's promotion comes MUCH earlier. And Sword of Seals has unlimitted uses.

I think parents should only influence like, 5% in a difference in growth rates. Awakening and FE4 where extremely unbalanced cause of this.

Otherwise, it's a good idea. I only would add a few things perhaps:

-Both Sacae and Ilia are visited in FE6.

-Hector is playable in a chapter prior to FE6's Chapter 3. It's a Defend chapter. You have to make at least Hector survive like, 20 turns. Make it story-line related somehow. Something dramatic, to make Hector's death more noble.

-Eliwood becomes the general of the Lycian Army responsible for the defence of Lycia in FE6. So give him a few chapters where he deals with Bern attacking Lycia again or something.

-Lyn could have a few chapters fighting against Bern and the Djute clan to.

- Roy's promotion comes MUCH earlier. And Sword of Seals has unlimitted uses.

You forgot

-make it so that every chapter isn't a seize chapter

Then everyone would just go for the quickest pairings...

Another thing would be... who would pair up with who? Intelligent Systems choosing the wrong pairs could create lots and lots and lots of rage. Would Lyn marry Eliwood? Hector? Rath? Think of the pairing wars.

Given that I love watching people bicker and argue about insignificant things that don't matter (such as who x who is canon), I fail to see how this is considered a bad thing...

Given that I love watching people bicker and argue about insignificant things that don't matter (such as who x who is canon), I fail to see how this is considered a bad thing...

I don't care either, as I myself don't think about that kind of stuff.

But considering how the people bicker over those "insignificant things," it would sound reasonable if the same people didn't support a company just because they didn't do something right. Both are rather silly.

And Nintendo doesn't want to lose fan support, does it?

Edited by Fruit Ninja

I like this idea, but one of my questions is: would some there be more characters so people like Farina or Serra can have children? Also, would their be more chapters after Zephiel's defeat? I love FE7, and FE6 somewhat, so I'd love this to be made. As for updated graphics and such, how about just rip Awakening's engine, but make it so the classes look like the classes in the GBA games, and give the appropriate classes helmets, I'd appreciate that. (I like helmets)

This is absolutely stupid, FE7 and FE6 storywise have next to nothing to do with one another. The characters of FE7 have nothing to do with FE6. It is a Gaiden, a side story, it means nothing in the overall context.

This is a horrid idea and is a complete misunderstanding of why FE4's generation system works.

• 2 months later...

Changes:

-Voice acting.

I apologize if this falls under necro-posting, but I really want to know more about this topic. I'm not sure if this forum post counts as one. Please don't eat me... ><"

Since I have a huge bias/affinity towards Lyn, if the Tactician can have a S support rank with Lyn along with a full blown support romance I would absolutely love this hack (or game, either one would be okay in my book. I would most def pay cold hard cash for this)!

But of course, I still prefer to have my balance and challenge too, and I didn't specifically like all of Awakening's mechanics.

Such as the stat bonuses whenever units are paired up. Unless you were playing on Lunatic mode, it really broke the balance of the game IMO. In Awakening, I spent a lot my strategic decision making carefree since my units with pair up bonuses usually would survive through the enemy phase, leaving me to be not as satisfied when I completed the chapter.

About the world map... would armories and shops be accessible from there? I'm assuming that's why the map would be travelable along with DLC gate.

and I'm just going to ask that this isn't going to be GBA Hack? If it is, that would be awesome, but I still wouldn't mind if this ended up being a 3DS that Intelligent Systems made somehow.

The only thing that I'd disagree with is the tactician. Let's NOT make him playable at all. Other than that, those are good ideas.

Well if we drop S supports for them and leave out the skill system, then how is it bad?

The problem with an avatar style character is that they either dominate the plot or have to get shoe-horned in to basically appear enough. It doesn't help the two instances have been broken. FE6/7 don't really lend to a full story, the two are rather disjointed and very little of 7 actually matters to 6.

• 4 weeks later...

Duck I just started playing FE6 a couple of days ago, and I couldn't agree more. (I actually came up with this idea on my own without knowing anything about FE4, and am very happy to see that others are thinking about the same thing)

Here's an idea: After beating the FE7 portion of the game you unlock epilogues that you have to beat to move on to the FE6 portion of the game. Example epilogue: Jaffar has to leave Nino and his children behind to protect them. In this chapter Jaffar has to escape from the map. (If he escapes he will be recruitable by a family member in FE6's portion of the game)

I also like the idea of using a MU.

I really love this idea, and hope to see it available for the 3DS soon! :D

Actually implementing the mechanics in FE4 wouldnt quite work the the lack of holy weapons.

This might be better though, since players will be less screwed up if they pair the wrong bloodlines and I do not support eugenics.

Plus those holy weapons were overpowered as heck...

The idea of your own player character is good, but what I've seen in FE13...well he should be still there, but should be only a minor character or else there is a risk of another mary sue.

That can be also downplayed..think about FE9->FE10. Children will get slight stat boosts depending on their parents., but given that FE6 was a game on their own.

Either this or the story has to be reworked so that this mechanic would fit in the remake.

Also I dunno if other new mechanics (ex. reclassing) should be implemented at all. Or at least, you should be able to promote at any time, being struck at a unpromoted lv20 char is not nice at all.