FE6 HM 0% growths v2-3

dondon151

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, yeah. lalum gets rescued on turn 2 by zeiss, ferried further north by tate, then dropped by miledy. roy gets rescued on turn 2 by someone, then on turn 3 is given to shanna, who gives to zeiss, who gives to tate, and then tate drops roy.

1. Can you position Miledy and possibly another flier to drop Lalum while blocking the enemies from attacking her, namely the accurate Merc? If a Shaman OHKOs Lalum, doesn't placing Lalum in a forest reduce his hit to rather low? These guys aren't particularly accurate to begin with.

2. You have some status staves by now. If you're not hoarding them for something essential in the endgame maps, this is a good time if one use results in one turn shaved off under your standards for reliability.

1. Can you position Miledy and possibly another flier to drop Lalum while blocking the enemies from attacking her, namely the accurate Merc? If a Shaman OHKOs Lalum, doesn't placing Lalum in a forest reduce his hit to rather low? These guys aren't particularly accurate to begin with.

i already do this with lalum's current position (if you look at the map i posted earlier), but if i move her even 1 tile to the right of that, then all bets are off.

2. You have some status staves by now. If you're not hoarding them for something essential in the endgame maps, this is a good time if one use results in one turn shaved off under your standards for reliability.

cecilia can't use any of the status staves, saul can't get up there quickly enough, and his hit rate on just about any enemy is abysmal.

I'm not able to view the image anymore actually. =(

And crap, Niime joins only in the next chapter not this one. Still, if it's like 20ish hit with a status staff I'd consider going for it if it makes a one turn difference. More reliable than a non-Rutger killer crit on a boss, too.

(proper capitalization time)

Well, here's the image again with a bit more detail:

5v6d.png

An overview of what needs to be done, and when, in reverse turn order:

Turn 3

1. Boss (Martel) needs to die. Only Miledy can ORKO reasonably with a Killer Lance hit + crit (approximately 9% chance of success).

2. Roy needs to be dropped 5 tiles away from the gate.

3. Lalum needs to dance Roy so that Roy can walk to the gate.

Note that on turn 3, I only have 2 fliers at the top of the map, one of which is Miledy, and the other one of which dropped Lalum on turn 2.

Turn 2

1. Lalum needs to be dropped on the blue box.

2. Someone needs to occupy the red point to which the purple line leads.

The tile marked by the blue box is the safest tile possible. It's right outside Martel's Purge range, it's blocked off from both a shaman and a Light Brand mercenary when both of the red points are occupied, and it's along the only path to the gate that allows Lalum to start turn 3 outside of Martel's Purge range. Lalum only has to dodge a pegasus knight at 41 hit.

The big problem right now is that the priest marked by the yellow box doesn't move, and I don't have the manpower to kill it. I can imagine either a turn 3 or a turn 2 kill. In the turn 3 kill scenario, an 8-move flier has to start his turn 2 in the bottom green circle. In the turn 2 kill scenario, Miledy, marked by the purple lines, can simply kill the priest with a Javelin from her end position on the red point.

Problems with the turn 2 priest kill:

Lalum has to be dropped on turn 2 on the blue box. This means that another 8-move flier (who is currently Tate) has to start turn 2 in the orange box and move along the orange line. And in order for Tate to actually drop Lalum at the end of her movement, Lalum needs to start the turn rescued, with a third 8-move flier moving from the orange circle along the orange line. That would be a cool solution. The problem now is that if you count the tiles, the nearest deployment slots are 9 tiles away. Of those 2 deployment slots, Miledy needs to start in one of them, and her first turn is already spent doing something else.

Problems with the turn 3 priest kill:

An 8-move flier has to start his turn 2 at the bottom green circle or an equivalent tile. Obviously he can't reach that point on turn 1 if Lalum is busy dancing someone else. Lalum will have to dance him on turn 2 from an adjacent tile. But there's no way that Lalum can get there even with a Rescue staff use on the first turn, because there would be at least 2 mercenaries and a ballista that can attack her.

That's not all of my musings on the matter, but they're the most relevant ones.

Edited by dondon151

I'm gonna look into this a bit later (maybe tomorrow because no time today), but if you could have Tate drop Lalum/Roy and have Miledy drop Lalum/Roy on turn 2, Tate can kill the Physic priest on turn 3.

Something on my mind: it would've helped to save an Energy Drop for Cecilia to increase her Rescue distance.

Of course, you'll have to rig a lot of misses, but that's kinda inevitable in 0% LTC clears like these.

Edited by Chiki

Something on my mind: it would've helped to save an Energy Drop for Cecilia to increase her Rescue distance.

Rescue staff is B rank, not available for Cecilia. And unfortunately the only Energy Ring/Drops in FE6 are in Bartre's route and the chapter after this.

I have to wonder whether warping Roy on turn 3 would work better than moving Lalum so far ahead just to dance him.

I considered an alternative strategy where I move the Rescue to a later turn. The problem is that I need that first Rescue use on Lalum to advance Miledy far enough that she can actually reach the boss on turn 3. Warping Roy or Lalum on turn 3 into the correct position would work, but then I'd be using 1 Rescue and 1 Warp just to save 1 turn. I haven't very accurately planned out Warp and Rescue uses for the remaining chapters, but I think I can do better than that.

I'm gonna look into this a bit later (maybe tomorrow because no time today), but if you could have Tate drop Lalum/Roy and have Miledy drop Lalum/Roy on turn 2, Tate can kill the Physic priest on turn 3.

If I could just have Tate drop Lalum on turn 2, I could do the turn 2 priest kill scenario as described earlier. The problem that I'm having right now is that I can't drop Lalum far enough on turn 2. Either she has to forfeit her turn 2 by starting off in someone's possession (meaning that units can't move far enough) or she gets to dance someone, but I then have to waste 2 unit actions moving her (Tate), and then give + dropping her (Miledy). Assuming that I had promoted Shanna, I'd still be 1 tile short.

Can chapter 17 be redone so that Zeiss is able to promote for chapter 18? The 1 extra point of move sounds like something that would be really helpful here.

I probably don't have room for a Zeiss promotion; he needs at least 2 extra turns to start this map off promoted. But I can easily go back to chapter 14x and get another 2 levels out of Shanna for her promotion. I'd have to re-do chapter 16 anyway for an extra Elysian Whip.

Edited by dondon151

It's not an improvement over the previous version, but I thought I should commemorate the first video upload in awhile. Here's chapter 18I. I managed to get the Guiding Ring village this time and overall I'm pleased with the safety of the strategy.

http://youtu.be/t9ju0fVK4oI

Chapter 19I looks like a possible 3-turn if I dropped Roy in a super dangerous situation... there's about no chance that he'll come out of it alive.

Haha, I like how the HM Ballista still can't kill base Shanna with a Delphi Shield. Speaking of her, since I haven't watched a full 0% of FE6 before, does she make it to promotion by chapter 20's last Whip for more 8 move use or is that largely irrelevant?

Edited by Irysa

It's really just that one ballista that can't get 23 atk to OHKO Shanna. I doubt she would be more useful when promoted; I actually just wanted her to get to C lances in case she needs to gum something with a Killer Lance, but it turns out that I'm still 1 WEXP short.

Shanna's +2 Def/Res and +6 HP aren't going to be of use to you? I imagine it'd be excellent Balista bait for the future

I already have 3 promoted fliers and am getting a fourth in chapter 20I. It'll be a waste of 5000G unless I promote her prior to chapter 19I and use her as long ballista bait, and even then I'm not sure if it will save any turns. But then I'll need to go back to chapter 16 and grab a fourth Elysian Whip, and in turn I'll probably actually go back to chapter 14x and try to feed Shanna that berserker kill instead of Tate.

Who knows, I might actually need to go back to chapter 16 anyway for an extra Angelic Robe.

Edited by dondon151

I just sold a bunch of items in chapter 19I to estimate how much money that I'll have by chapter 21, and I managed to get a sum of 124k gold if i don't use any stat boosters aside from Angelic Robes. I can get another 10k from a couple of Knight Crests for an even 134k, and then another 2k should be doable from weapons lying around. 34 stat boosters! What am I going to buy...

Edited by dondon151

had to re-record chapter 19I because i forgot to preserve the chapter 20I save after the previous video (it's inexplicably 20 seconds faster).

i'm currently wondering how best to go about chapter 20I. i can maybe 2-turn with a warp and a rescue use, but i can't see how to 2-turn without rescue. i also wanted to get the speedwings, but that looks very far out of reach.