Please help improve my Wifi team

LycheeLover

After not playing this game for a couple years, a few of my friends and I agreed to restart this game and create teams to fight each other, given a month of playtime (enough for online shopping). After browsing guides and whatnot, these are the teams that I have concluded to use. Please help rate them and improve them. I'm not gonna clock abuse, but I will RNG abuse the hell out of my units, and arena mabye 2-3m total gold for forging.

Team1: Paladin, Sage, Horseman, Berserker, Sniper

Card: Apotrope

Paladin: Frey w/ Brave Lance, Gradivus, Pure Water, Master Key

Sage: Merrick w/ Thoron, Swarm, Warp, Fortify, Recover

Horseman: Ogma w/ Brave Bow, Brave Sword, Pure Water, Master Key, Vulnerary

Berserker: Barst w/ Brave Axe, Hand Axe, Killer Axe, Pure Water, Vulnerary BOOTS

Sniper: Catria w/ Brave Bow, Longbow, Killer Bow, Pure Water, Vulnerary

Team2: Dracoknight, Sage, Swordmaster, Berserker, Sniper

Card: Judgement

Dracoknight: Palla w/ Brave Lance, Gradivus, Iote Shield, Pure Water, Master Key

Swordmaster: Est w/ Killing Edge, Brave Sword, Levin Sword, Pure Water, Vulnerary

Berserker: Barst w/ Brave Axe, Hand Axe, Killer Axe, Pure Water, Vulnerary BOOTS

Sniper: Catria w/ Brave Bow, Longbow, Killer Bow, Pure Water, Vulnerary

Team3: Dracoknight, Dracoknight, Sage, Sage, Sage

Card: Apotrope

Dracoknight: Palla w/ Brave Lance, Gradivus, Killing Lance, Pure Water, Master Key BOOTS

Dracoknight: Abel w/ Brave Lance, Javelin, Killing Lance, Pure Water, Master Key

Sage: Linde w/ Bolganone, Warp, Fortify, Recover

Sage: Caeda w/ Bolganone, Warp, Fortify, Recover

Notes:

Team 1: No sword for Frey?

Team 1/2: I'd replace Barst's vulnerary with Hautclere. Its active does the same thing, and you can smack people over the head with it when you're not healing.

Team 3: You get two Thoron tomes, so one of Linde/Caeda can use it, too. If you're short on funds, give it to Caeda, and have Linde use Aura - while a fully-forged Bolganone will outdamage it, it costs less than a forged Bolganone! If you have room, shove a Barrier staff on someone.

I can't really help you with things like class optimization/whether or not to use unit-effective weapons (Armorslayer and the like), so, uh, good luck!

Oh yeahhh, Frey gets swords! And I had that extra slot too...Brave Sword.

I was thinking of Hauteclare on Barst and Parthia on a bowman, but I don't know if using the active will automatically make the unit equip the item...

WHERE DO U GET THAT SECOND THORON?!!!! I thought you only get one (Ch14 Village)

Remember that I have the patience to grind to 999999 gold at the area...consecutively. Don't worry about gold lol.

Edit: oh you get your second Thoron from Gotoh in the last chapter....doesn't that mean you cant forge it anyways?

Edited by LycheeLover

Oh, right, forgot about that detail with the second Thoron. Sorry! I don't think you auto-equip when you "use" a weapon for its effect. The earliest you can test this is Chapter 10, after recruiting Minerva.

I'll test it out in two days (That's when Longbows go on sale). Judging that you haven't said too much about my actual team composition, I suppose that they work alright.

One more thing: do you have any tips on strategies to use on certain maps? I haven't found any advice on that yet.

Its been a long, long time since i've done Wi-fi for this game, but a poleaxe on Barst instead of a Vulnerary would probably be advantageous (on team 2) and a Levin Sword on Ogma would probably be better than a vulnerary.

As for teams, the Umbra card is fun to use with Horsemen and Snipers, if you want to experiment.

Sure, I'll use practice rounds to figure out my preference. I'll try the Poleax on Barst and Levin Sword on Ogma as well.

I haven't budged from chapter 12 because I'm waiting for tommorow (longbow day) to forge new weapons. However, I'm starting to consider to clock abuse Midea & friends, with her team probably gonna resemble the team1 composition.