Etabase

Teapot

This is Papertobi! Made an account because I wanted to post my Eta Sprites here (And I was bored and excited that I finished a couple more o3o )

Here are more I just finished!

eta_style_naruto_sprites__by_papertobi-d

They are obviously Naruto so I apologize, I just love the style!

Heres the deviation about them :) http://papertobi.deviantart.com/art/Eta-Style-Naruto-Sprites-403248507

Tell me what you think :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dP7wv7a.pngHvSoa94.png

I think they're pretty good for my first tries.

EDIT: More! geyK5rN.pngBbMPCQH.png The first one I was aiming for a gentle giant type and the second was an attempt at an anti-hero-esque design.

Also: PETITION TO RENAME THE ONI SIZE SCHWARZENEGGER SIZE

Edited by The JOJ

Is there a specific palette for these? Or are you guys just making/using your own?

There's no set palette or color limit for these. At least myself, I've just been nabbing colors from other Eta sprites and shifting the color to the value/hue I'm looking for (if it doesn't already exist).

hallo_zpsc9ec5656.png edit: +OC

Edited by Lenh

Oh, by the way, guys. Son-Isaki@dA has an animation sheet. Y'all can go pester him for it if you're interested in more poses, etc.

I haven't done anything Etabase-related at all, lol.

As for palettes, there's no restrictions or specific palettes. I just like trying to work with simple palettes, so I try to stick to a 8-color palette (not counting bg) when working on Etabases. Most of them kind of run an average of 2 skin tones, 2 hair tones, 2 clothing tones, 1 accent, and 1 border color.

Also, I've updated the first post with some new bases and formatted the bases sheet to reflect the approximate heights (which were previously on another image). For those too lazy to calculate: Eta is 5'1, Tiny base is 4'7, Big base is 6'5, and Oni base is 7'3. [1 px = 2 in.]

Anyway, here are the bases:

bases.png
[[ Last Update: 12/2/13 ]]

I'll get around to updating the community sheets.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

• 2 months later...