I'm on the last chapter in my vanilla-Lunatic playthrough. Let's Talk.

ConfidenceKBM

As long as you have 3 capable units iirc there's a formation to box in tiki entirely, whereas the 4 filler can be any scrub since enemies only attack within a certain line of tiki

I don't take credit for this formation though

like sometimes I put Anna solo on one of the filler spots and she comes out unscathed, the AI is weird on that chapter

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Wow, yeah. The AI are weird on that one, for sure, but I didn't realize HOW weird.

Yes, very weird. But just FYI, if you have the ambition to go further than vanilla Lunatic, keep in mind that it doesn't really work as well anymore once enemies can start spawning with Pass. I avoided Tiki entirely.

Edited by Interceptor

A bit late to the party, but...

Donnel has such a hard time getting going on lunatic that in a no grind playthrough it's just not worth it to use him when the experience can go to a more useful unit. Once Nowi gets going, which should be in three or four levels, she stearolls past everything, even if she's doubled. Although this is from my personal experience, so it may be slightly different for you.

So, for you guys, what's the hardest difficulty in the franchise? I would have thought lunatic+ but based on this thread it sounds like you can steamroll it if you know what to do.

FE12 Lunatic/R actually requires the use of a team

Every other Hard Mode is even easier at least they don't have chapter 2 bullshit

I don't know what you mean by "just not worth it". Going from hero to warrior he's sitting on Armsthrift, Aptitude, Sol, and Counter. Give him a brave axe and he can destroy the universe. I beat Yarne's chapter (i didn't actually level up panne, relax) by fighting BOTH armies. Donnel killed the entire right-side army by himself without using a single weapon charge. Other maps he dodge tanks 20 enemies without any weapons so I can peel them off one by one for other units. Ultimately, by funneling exp into him early, I gained access to experience in the late game that I wouldn't have had access to otherwise. Besides, one level on donnel is like two levels on someone else because of aptitude.

And passing aptitude to a child (in my case severa) proved just as powerful. They are both wrecking machines. In conversation I refer to them as the Soulbreaker and the Daughter of the Soulbreaker.

I dunno. Maybe I spread my exp too thin and so Donnel just looks better by comparison. But I mean, he solo'd Walhart. He's fuckin strong.

Donnel is worth it if you don't value your time or effort. He's busted in a similar way as Avatar (both of them get stuffed full of stats quickly: Donnel because of Aptitude, Avatar because of Veteran), but his class set is pretty limited and he's a pain in the ass to train (whereas Avatar is stupid easy to train, and can be almost anything).

It's not like Donnel has some sort of monopoly on "kills everything and never dies", because you can get there defensively with Nosferatanking (anyone with a DM reclass), or high concrete defenses (Manaketes, etc), and any offensive limitations you have go away with a suitable Pair-up partner.

N.O.W.I. doesn't need any special training, just feed her kills and let her amazing growths do the work. Reclass her back into Manakete against once she hits level 30 (for leveling speed purposes: Manakete has caps like a promoted unit, but levels like a tier 1 unit), and make sure that she always has a +SPD Pair-up partner (she's a little slow). The Dragonstone does run out, but you get another one from Gangrel in Ch11, and then they are buyable after Ch12. But you can get enough training before then, as long as you don't feed entire maps to her.

That's it. Once she gets going, stuff just tinks her. When Endgame arrives she can have 56 DEF or more, and 51+ RES. Donnel cannot even sniff that.

EDIT: Tiki is really good, too, if you don't want to put up with the early training of N.O.W.I. in Lunatic.

What can I say? You sold me on using her. Now I have a reason to use her on Lunatic. Also, what about Gregor, if I'm not using him? I've usually just had him there as Nowi's supportbot, since Mercenary/Hero bonuses are just that good (or at least, compliment tank units that well).

Also I've always wanted to try Mage Nowi, she looks adorable. And Dark Knight Nowi sounds like a plan, too.

Edited by bearclaw95