Junk

so i have been always wanting to play fe 9 and fe 10 but i hear fe 9 is very easy, i don't want a game that will put me to sleep. however i am worried about not being able to understand anything about the radiant saga. can you help me. and if you DO want me to play fe 9 first tell me about how diffcult it is on hardest NA mode. also give reasons if you do want me to play fe 9 before fe 10 or if it os okay to play fe 10 before fe 9

FE9 Hard Mode is a fairly decent challenge.

I didn't find it too hard--probably the easiest Hard Mode--on subsequent playthroughs, but it should be an okay challenge if you do it for your first game file.

If you can, I suggest playing FE9 first, because that's where most of the major world-building happens. FE10 doesn't really explain a lot of what happened nor does it attempt to add depth to returning characters.

Play Path of Radiance first. Pick HM, it's not hard especially if you dump BEXP into good units. To be honest, it felt more akin to normal mode to some of the other games in the franchise. I will say normal and easy mode are pretty boring comparatively but hard is fine. It's probably worth remembering that the "normal" for US was effectively JP "easy" and their "normal" was our "hard".

Edited by Irysa

Play Path of Radiance first. Pick HM, it's not hard especially if you dump BEXP into good units. To be honest, it felt more akin to normal mode to some of the other games in the franchise. I will say normal and easy mode are pretty boring comparatively but hard is fine. It's probably worth remembering that the "normal" for US was effectively JP "easy" and their "normal" was our "hard".

That's kind of true, but not totally accurate.

In recent times, "Normal Mode" in any Fire Emblem game is effectively Easy Mode and "Hard Mode" is the standard FE difficulty.

In FE9, NOA removed the hardest mode, Maniac Mode and added Easy Mode in its place.

It was in FE10 where the modes had their names changed in the English version.

ENDGAME FE9 HM ENEMY DRAGONS ARE EASIER THAN ENDGAME FE9 EM DRAGONS.

trufax.

NOA must have messed up the configurations when they made Easy Mode : P

That's kind of true, but not totally accurate.

In recent times, "Normal Mode" in any Fire Emblem game is effectively Easy Mode and "Hard Mode" is the standard FE difficulty.

In FE9, NOA removed the hardest mode, Maniac Mode and added Easy Mode in its place.

It was in FE10 where the modes had their names changed in the English version.

Funny thing is that RD transfers by default read PoR HM data as being Maniac Mode (like it actually reads out as Maniac Mode, even in english)

Whilst what you said is true with regards to how it got shuffled in 10, in 9 at the least the addresses must have been also moved around or something because the third "tier" of difficulty selection in PoR was maniac in JP, whilst it's hard in NA. Which leads to the reason why HM data is read as Maniac data. I guess it's not really true to say that normal was explictly labeled "easy" in japan, but it works out to the sameish thing in the end unfortunately.

• 7 months later...

Trust me, FE9 hard mode will not put you to sleep. Chapters 5 and 8 just to name a couple are pretty challenging if its your first time through. In your base in FE10 thier's a list of all the characters that gives you a generalization of who they are and where they come from and who they're related to but I would play FE9 first. Its more enjoyable backstory, lore in general and characters. You can go ahead and play Radiant Dawn if you want I'm just saying lol.