Let's talk about our pets

Guest meibum

Let's make a thread about our adorable pets.

I had a cat for 14 years but she sadly passed away a few years ago :(

I recently got a kitten her name is May.

peacfpC.jpg

she's half Siamese and I love her.

She has a cone of her head because she was just spayed haha :p

I have black cat named Cleo, and we've had her for almost seven years now. We got her when she was like 4-5 months old. She was originally my sister's cat, but she ended up liking me more, and I got to keep her after my sister moved. She's an outdoor cat, and she drinks water from a cup. Couple months ago, she got a tooth loose, and we had to bring her to the vet to pull it out. We don't know what happened, but we assumed she got into a fight, and got her tooth loose there. She's now one tooth short, but she seems to eat fine without the missing tooth.

I only have a dog right now, but I have had 2 birds, 3 guinea pigs, a turtle, 3 chinchillas, 3 ferrets, and dozens of fish in the past.

My dog is named Jessie, he's an adorable Westie, and he's been with us for almost 15 years this December. He's having a few skin problems and arthritis in his little legs, but he's other wise healthy for a doggy his age. I love him so much and hope he stays with us for as long as possible since I've known him since I was 6 years old! :3

I love May she's so kawaii <3

:3: thanks, she's getting so big now I can hardly believe it!

I have black cat named Cleo, and we've had her for almost seven years now. We got her when she was like 4-5 months old. She was originally my sister's cat, but she ended up liking me more, and I got to keep her after my sister moved. She's an outdoor cat, and she drinks water from a cup. Couple months ago, she got a tooth loose, and we had to bring her to the vet to pull it out. We don't know what happened, but we assumed she got into a fight, and got her tooth loose there. She's now one tooth short, but she seems to eat fine without the missing tooth.

Well I'm glad to hear she's doing okay :)

I've had outdoor cats before but they would always die or get hurt fairly quickly :(

so now all my cats are indoor only :P haha

I only have a dog right now, but I have had 2 birds, 3 guinea pigs, a turtle, 3 chinchillas, 3 ferrets, and dozens of fish in the past.

My dog is named Jessie, he's an adorable Westie, and he's been with us for almost 15 years this December. He's having a few skin problems and arthritis in his little legs, but he's other wise healthy for a doggy his age. I love him so much and hope he stays with us for as long as possible since I've known him since I was 6 years old! :3

I hope he lives a long life too :)

and I've had 2 chinchillas before they're adorable.

I wanted them ever since I was young and when I finally got them I was so happy.

Well I'm glad to hear she's doing okay :)

I've had outdoor cats before but they would always die or get hurt fairly quickly :(

so now all my cats are indoor only :P haha

Fortunately, she seems to know better for most part, and we live on a busy street. Last year, she went missing for over a week, and eventually came back. Now she doesn't go too far away from the deck. We think a dog chased her away from home, and our cat just couldn't find her way home.

I had a dog once, 2 cats, and several goldfish. They all died/ran away along time ago. A year ago however we had a salamander, which was walking around during the winter. We kept it as a pet until the weather warmed up, and then let it out into the wild.

I have black cat named Cleo, and we've had her for almost seven years now. We got her when she was like 4-5 months old.

OMG ... we have the same cat .____.

Just kidding, although that descrpition is quite close to what my cat looks. Her name is also Cleo/Kleo and she is partially black, we got her about 6 1/2 half years ago and my pet name for her is Kleo-Klee or Kleeechen. Sometimes i feel i am a little too obsessed with her ^^'. She is a Main Coon and thus has long fluffy and cuddly hair :3: [spoiler=Here is a pic of her]0cgh.jpg

JUST LOOK AT HER AND PET HER FURRRRRRRR

lol she would not let you, she is shy ^^

Our other 3 cats are her sister/brothers named Roxy, Kater Carlo, and Merlin and the two female ones are one year older than thier brothers, although Kleo is my favourite =^w^=

Unfortunately she dosen't get along with her brothers all that well and they fight often. And she has a really wierd illness where she licks her skin sore, like people who scratch their skin all the time, and thus we have to give her medicine that will probably lower her lifespan :'C

We also have two dogs, australian sheperds, which are cute as well but i have to admit i am more of a cat person.

We also had some rabbits but they past away a long time ago, and a cat that was older than i am and which also died some years ago.

When i was little i always wanted to have birds but my mother didn't let me, because she feared that our old cat would eat them and siad that they are difficult to take care of (more like that i could not take care of then (which tbh was probably true >.<))

And Meibay your cat is really cute :3:

I have a very cute 13-14 year old cat :3 named Gilbert and a nearly 2 year old Golden Retriever. I did have a ferret but he unfortunately died over this past weekend. His adoptive brother died about a year ago from a liver disease. Losing a ferret is really tough because the immense amount of attention they require, so you really bond with them. I'm happy when I think that he's reunited with his brother though now :) but I still miss him with all my heart.

Just kidding, although that descrpition is quite close to what my cat looks. Her name is also Cleo/Kleo and she is partially black, we got her about 6 1/2 half years ago and my pet name for her is Kleo-Klee or Kleeechen. Sometimes i feel i am a little too obsessed with her ^^'. She is a Main Coon and thus has long fluffy and cuddly hair :3: [spoiler=Here is a pic of her]0cgh.jpg

Is your cat sleeping on a Spongebob blanket?

(Patrick to be more precise).

I have a very cute 13-14 year old cat :3 named Gilbert and a nearly 2 year old Golden Retriever. I did have a ferret but he unfortunately died over this past weekend. His adoptive brother died about a year ago from a liver disease. Losing a ferret is really tough because the immense amount of attention they require, so you really bond with them. I'm happy when I think that he's reunited with his brother though now :) but I still miss him with all my heart.

Totally agree. My ferrets were so sweet and I loved them so much, but sadly they died because someone had left them outside locked in their hamster ball for too long in the heat wave of 2005, so they died of heat stroke. I'm still so sad that I wasn't there to prevent it.... :'(

Totally agree. My ferrets were so sweet and I loved them so much, but sadly they died because someone had left them outside locked in their hamster ball for too long in the heat wave of 2005, so they died of heat stroke. I'm still so sad that I wasn't there to prevent it.... :'(

Mine actually died because one of my family members let him out and didn't watch him :c he got stuck in a drain hole and suffocated :c It's so sad when you feel like you could have prevented the death, I know just how you feel :'(

I had a cat for 10 years, and he died back in July.

One day I'll get a new cat. One day.

I wanted a new cat once my old one died and about 2 years later I finally got one and I had forgotten how much these little furballs mean to me :)

Pets huh... well, I own a cat. A 3-year old American Wirehair.

any pictures? :)

Fortunately, she seems to know better for most part, and we live on a busy street. Last year, she went missing for over a week, and eventually came back. Now she doesn't go too far away from the deck. We think a dog chased her away from home, and our cat just couldn't find her way home.

I would have been really scared and worrying the entire time she was gone :( ! I'm glad she came back safe and sound

I had a dog once, 2 cats, and several goldfish. They all died/ran away along time ago. A year ago however we had a salamander, which was walking around during the winter. We kept it as a pet until the weather warmed up, and then let it out into the wild.

are you thinking of getting any new pets in the future? :)

JUST LOOK AT HER AND PET HER FURRRRRRRR

lol she would not let you, she is shy ^^

Our other 3 cats are her sister/brothers named Roxy, Kater Carlo, and Merlin and the two female ones are one year older than thier brothers, although Kleo is my favourite =^w^=

Unfortunately she dosen't get along with her brothers all that well and they fight often. And she has a really wierd illness where she licks her skin sore, like people who scratch their skin all the time, and thus we have to give her medicine that will probably lower her lifespan :'C

We also have two dogs, australian sheperds, which are cute as well but i have to admit i am more of a cat person.

We also had some rabbits but they past away a long time ago, and a cat that was older than i am and which also died some years ago.

When i was little i always wanted to have birds but my mother didn't let me, because she feared that our old cat would eat them and siad that they are difficult to take care of (more like that i could not take care of then (which tbh was probably true >.<))

And Meibay your cat is really cute :3:

I love giving my pets nicknames! And awwh Kleechen is soo cute. I always call me cat Maymay and such ;p

Your cat is adorable :)

I wanted a parrot when I was younger but looking back it would have been too much work :p haha

what's it like having rabbits?

Tweeker is the cutest ferret in the world <3

What the hell is with these conventional pets? I have a pet rooster, he's currently 3 years old and I love him to death!

ibeAoYlgqtaRLE.jpg

What is having a rooster like? And where does it do it's business :P since it's in the house.

Do you have to clean up after it all the time or does it go outside like a dog? :P

Well i guess i shoudn't have really posted this but i have no pets :(

Well what kind of pet would you like? :P

are you thinking of getting any new pets in the future? :)

I did want a cat, but because I may be moving out in the coming year. If I were to get a new pet, it'd be something like a reptile or fish that doesn't require my full attention.

I did want a cat, but because I may be moving out in the coming year. If I were to get a new pet, it'd be something like a reptile or fish that doesn't require my full attention.

fish and reptiles are really low maintenance but not as rewarding as something you can cuddle with and interact with on the same level as like a cat or a dog :P

20130505_183236_zps1609732c.jpg

I found him just chillin' in the middle of the street one day, and when I chased after him, he didn't run away like most cats did, and I knew it was fate. I then stocked him for awhile, and it became clear that he was either a perpetual outdoor cat, or was abandoned, so I smuggled him into my apartment, and babysat him while looking out for "lost cat" signs. When the coast was clear, I officially adopted him. He's an asshole and likes to lay on things I leave out, and steal my chair the minute I get off of it. At the same time, he's the greatest, most spunkiest cat ever who loves life, and actually likes humans and other animals, which blew my mind.

He also has a soul patch, which is his selling point.

Edited by Maji

tumblr_mquap0nkbl1s8o79no1_1280.jpg

This is Tora and I've had her for about 5 years now. She's crazy in love with me and gets really emotional when I leave for even a few days and demands I pay the debt on cuddles that I owe. I adopted her from the BCSPCA a few months after my old cat passed away. As soon as I saw her, we had an instant connection. It only took that one visit for me to decide to take her home. She was only shy on the first day moving in, but she adjusted quickly and now demands to be in the same room as me all the time.