My first serious (but terrible) attempt at drawing manga...

Fruity Insanity

If there is yuri it will turn out great no matter what.

But really, I'd say not that bad for a first attempt.

Well, it's not my first attempt in that I tried doodling manga before, but yeah it's my first time I actually sat down with the purpose of drawing manga...

No worries; it's not that great now, but just keep practicing and you'll slowly and surely perfect your SKILLZ.

I must perfect my SKILLZ.

I just don't have the TIMEZ.

Hm, I know~!

I know a girl who's really good at drawing manga...

I'D BETTER ASK HER TO TEACH ME!

Edited by Fruit Ninja

Better than what I can draw, I really want to draw manga, but I suck at it. I'm much better at still images and scenes, and things where I don't have to draw people. It's not bad, I actually kind of like it.

Better than Fayt's avatar.

That was the first thing that ran through my mind, too

If you want to improve, find an art book. It should help you with things like proportion (which I STILL can't do).

I attempted to recreate the original image, despite that the source you've linked is not loading and I therefore was forced to use your own drawing as a guide instead, to demonstrate how little you have to worry about.

G7m6zyq.png

Notice the lack of quality of the drawing and how I completely failed to replicate your much better skill with drawing hair. Also note that I used a pen so that I couldn't hide my utter lack of finesse with an eraser.

Do you feel better now?

Well, it's not my first attempt in that I tried doodling manga before, but yeah it's my first time I actually sat down with the purpose of drawing manga...

I must perfect my SKILLZ.

I just don't have the TIMEZ.

Hm, I know~!

I know a girl who's really good at drawing manga...

I'D BETTER ASK HER TO TEACH ME!

i should totally follow the last bit.

since i know one too.

that's...far much better than my 1st attempt drawing manga..

here's some tips: the angle of the eye can determine how good the face expression is, in your case neal, both of the eyes was at the same angle, and same size, that's probably the only fail point compared to the video one...

but the hair and the body was nice~ 8/10

over all: 7/10

I am not much of an artist but I would recommend learning the simple basics and then later in add a manga style. Get the basics down before running off into another genre, I guess. Otherwise you get this:

9xva.png

Damn man Paint's come a long way I mean it's still cringe-inducing but I remember trying to draw with a mouse when I was a little kid and wanting to kill Bill Gates.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

^that is good advice, right there. Learning proportions, anatomy, and perspective is all pretty important and then you can adapt that to a style you want. http://referencesforartists.tumblr.com/ (NSFW for artistic nudity/anatomies) is a good reference blog I like, and may be of use to you.

I attempted to recreate the original image, despite that the source you've linked is not loading and I therefore was forced to use your own drawing as a guide instead, to demonstrate how little you have to worry about.

G7m6zyq.png

Notice the lack of quality of the drawing and how I completely failed to replicate your much better skill with drawing hair. Also note that I used a pen so that I couldn't hide my utter lack of finesse with an eraser.

Do you feel better now?

I wasn't really meaning to be consoled... But that's not... atrocious. Just not good. :P

But yeah, I wanna learn how to draw better...

that's...far much better than my 1st attempt drawing manga..

here's some tips: the angle of the eye can determine how good the face expression is, in your case neal, both of the eyes was at the same angle, and same size, that's probably the only fail point compared to the video one...

but the hair and the body was nice~ 8/10

over all: 7/10

Thanks. ^^

Just keep practicing. Nobody becomes good at draws with only one picture and yours is certainly not a bad start.

I really should... but I dunno... Practicing can be tedious at times...

I am not much of an artist but I would recommend learning the simple basics and then later in add a manga style. Get the basics down before running off into another genre, I guess. Otherwise you get this:

9xva.png

Damn man Paint's come a long way I mean it's still cringe-inducing but I remember trying to draw with a mouse when I was a little kid and wanting to kill Bill Gates.

But I don't want to learn other styles of art. I want to learn how to draw mangaaaa...!!!