Farewell.. Hiroshi Yamauchi.

Jedi

That's really sad. He was one of the many who inspired me to study Game Design and want to join the industry in the first place. RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi. You will be sorely missed.

Edited by Karaszure

rip Yamauchi. He seemed to have lived a good, long life. He was a good man.

Oh dear. That's sad... RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi. You will be sorely missed.

Such an insincere post on such a serious subject! Have you no grace? No respect? No thought of your own? Must you copy those who come before you in such a tactless, verbatim manner?! Woe! WOE!

Edited by Nightmare

This guy made Nintendo what it is today and was a huge part in our fond childhood memories that we had with the Nintendo systems.

RIP to a legend.

Such an insincere post on such a serious subject! Have you no grace? No respect? No thought of your own? Must you copy those who come before you in such a tactless, verbatim manner?! Woe! WOE!

In all honesty, I didn't want to spend too much time thinking and ultimately wind up not posting because nothing came to me, because this is indeed a serious issue.

At any rate, it sucks that Nintendo lost such a pivotal figure in their rise to power.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Rest in peace, Hiroshi Yamauchi. Despite not "understanding video games" at one point by his own admission, he managed to transition a simple toy company into a risky, burgeoning "electronic games" industry. This toy company became gaming's greatest giant, and provided smiles to millions and millions of gamers everywhere.

Fun Fact: In 1992, Hiroshi Yamauchi bought a majority of the Seattle Mariners to keep the baseball the team in Seattle, Nintendo of America's base of operations. Despite owning the team, he never went to a Mariners game in his life. I'm not sure if he ever even went to a baseball game. Doing it as a simple, nice gesture to the area, he transferred ownership to Nintendo of America in 2004. Just shows you what kind of person he was.

Hiroshi Yamauchi was legendary. Despite hardly knowing anything about the projects he worked on, he had uncanny business sense and could scope out the business climate years in advance. He was equal parts ruthless and genius, but every bit worthy of praise. After all, he scouted the talent of Gunpei Yoko and brought his hardware to fruition and yet still understood that good hardware was only as good as the software it played. He gave his software designers a crazy amount of autonomy and even without knowing a thing about games, he knew what was good and what he could sell. It's impossible to understate Yamauchi's daring when it came to evolving Nintendo from out of its original niche. It's a sad day to hear he's passed, but he lived a long life and fostered the talents of many other people.

I was so sad when I heard... rest in peace, sir. I can't even begin to think about how many people he's influenced in his lifetime... too many to count, I'm sure. A true legend within the gaming industry!

Fun Fact: In 1992, Hiroshi Yamauchi bought a majority of the Seattle Mariners to keep the baseball the team in Seattle, Nintendo of America's base of operations. Despite owning the team, he never went to a Mariners game in his life. I'm not sure if he ever even went to a baseball game. Doing it as a simple, nice gesture to the area, he transferred ownership to Nintendo of America in 2004. Just shows you what kind of person he was.

Hiroshi Yamauchi was legendary. Despite hardly knowing anything about the projects he worked on, he had uncanny business sense and could scope out the business climate years in advance. He was equal parts ruthless and genius, but every bit worthy of praise. After all, he scouted the talent of Gunpei Yoko and brought his hardware to fruition and yet still understood that good hardware was only as good as the software it played. He gave his software designers a crazy amount of autonomy and even without knowing a thing about games, he knew what was good and what he could sell. It's impossible to understate Yamauchi's daring when it came to evolving Nintendo from out of its original niche. It's a sad day to hear he's passed, but he lived a long life and fostered the talents of many other people.

Huh. I had no idea...

Found this online:

558052_10151594561111447_792886009_n.png

R.I.P.

You were the person who shaped my childhood... part of what I am now... ;~;

Damn,

That brought a tear to my eye ;_;

Our lives have all been changed by this man one way or another, and without him, we could not be here right now for all we know.

He was a true legend, and will forever be etched in the history or our lives.

R.I.P