FE6 HM - No HM bonus chars

Irysa

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually inclined to believe that Toothache because Windam seems to always pick Igrene in my dry runs over anyone else.

EDIT: Derp actually I forgot about Douglas, Windam should be picking him if that was the case.

I got a strat planned out but I ended up giving in and just burning one RN on turn 1 to make the rest of the map work out (yet again, I accidentally burnt the RN initially whilst moving in the first place and stuff just...fell into place). Going to do a video since its nice and short.

Edited by Irysa

Yet another example where a lack of Shin can hurt. I failed to mention it in the video, but once again, due to Shin's higher con, HM bonuses and promo gain + reliable speed procs, he easily doubles the bolting sage with a longbow, wheras Igrene requires a wing or 2 procs of speed in order to manage it. Fortuantely, I have the latter so I get to use a speedwing on Alan.

16x

very nice! but i think you're hyping cecilia a bit much here. she fails to ORKO most knights at base, and her base skl is still a problem despite anima's high innate accuracy. still better than clarine, though.

as a public speaking aside, try to not use "actually" as much. it tends to be one of those words that people aren't conscious about spamming.

Actually, I spam actually more than the OP, actually. In every actual paragraph i make, actually.

Sillyness aside, I enjoyed the vid.

Edited by PKL

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a long video this time buuuut theres a reason for it. MVP to Dieck and his Hand Axe yet again.

So we're now on the Ilia route. With one flier, this map is pretty annoying and hard to finish before the reinforcements spawn (which is typically my main goal on most maps). I ended up 9 turning.

The main strategy revolves around Thany clearing out the top half whilst Dieck clears out the bottom. However we have some problematic enemies, and trying to use multiple units to clear chokepoints is hard due to the large amount of forest and sea (with lack of fliers) . Fae tanks the Purge Bishop beacuse FE6 AI means the bishop prioritises her due to her low hp and doubling, even if she takes 0 damage. Dieck annihilates everything with some handaxes and feeds some kills to Fae who is down there anyway.

Thany meanwhile Javelin/Horsekillers everything to the North. I originally tried to get her to ferry Dieck across the gap and then Roy but the fact is with one flier, that many mages, a sleep bishop and an aggressive moving purge bishop they can't handle everything there and I can't get healers into position to restore and the like in time. It was just really messy. A lot of events are arranged out to get hits where I need it (although almost nothing is below a 70% on the map, even the boss!, DieckxThany support helping in that)

Everyone else sits in the arena. My own rules mean I can't give that much exp to anyone in particular but I give basically everyone a level, and more importantly, a lot of WEXP. My arena battles are manipulated for as much WEX as I can get. I ended up realising that since I'm tentatively rigging arena battles via exiting and reentering that I'm basically rigging the growths anyway so I figured I'd record a video to prove I'm not path tracing or RN burning rigging for this.

It's possible to kill the boss in one turn without any path tracing, Dieck crits once and Percival has to connect a 20% disp hit hand axe. However it costs 2 turns because I need to make sure Marcus isn't targeted by a Ballista on turn 7 EP, so I figured it isn't really worth it.

Since reinforcements start on turn 8, and the ones near the boss spawn regardless of if he's dead, I plugged the forts on turn 8 so turn 9 is empty.

Edited by Irysa

• 1 month later...

It's not dead! Buff Thany isn't Miledy but she's got enough oomph to do some work anyway.

[spoiler=Chapter 18]

liIwu2J.pngSilSOCt.png

This chapter is pretty big but is typically trivialised with Miledy on the right side of the map. I don't have Miledy but Thany can still ORKO the Pegasus Knights reliably. Once again my only real goal is to get there before PK reinforcements start spamming on turn 10. On turn 7 the rivers freeze over which lets you move up faster but it really doesnt matter that much since most things are dead by then anyway.

urSBZrf.png

Sue still can't double mercs if she uses a non short bow :facepalm:

pbwkNvx.png

...crits are cool though

uxvOd7u.png

Lance with A support bonus can actually ORKO Mercs with an Iron Lance. Impressive.

Xt9XKYQ.pngK5hQQx1.png

Thany rescues Aircalibur!Lugh, gets danced, and dumps him here. He will kill 4 Wyvern Riders on the right side of the map whilst being pretty safe sitting on a forest.

BgtUNx9.png

People just move up and stuff...

ssptC0f.png

He got hit once and this stupid Wyvern decided to use his javelin instead of steel lance so Lugh didn't double. :\ (still dies to a single fire afterwards).

Lugh is not doing jack shit on this map anymore. I mean he could come help out Thany on killing this side of the map but since I have Physic support she should be fine.

VIqpcN9.png

Straight to Percy more than likely. After visiting, she moves up with a Javelin.

8AAuhVl.png

I really hate this game's hitrates. Igrene has fucking 19 skill and killer bows have 80% base hit and I'm still at 66% hitrate.

b962Bqq.png

Time for a useless support convo!

1tlb4Tq.png

Thany ORKOs the Shamans and is also just in range of the only Javelin Pegasus Knight on the right. I missed once though. Thany has like 70% disp hit with Javelin on these guys.

hkoZOrU.png7b75dWH.png

Next turn I KO and am in range of all but one PK. Assuming the Killer Lance dude doesn't crit she can tank all the damage.

tgFBR8s.png

Other side I mostly stay back a bit to bait northern pegasus down without pulling ALL of them. Alan ORKOs one PK and then leaves the other FK at 2 hp.

GkZLm2M.pngyJla7Cp.png

Fuck yeah Thany. (hitrates with Steel are like 70, hitrates with killer 90. I used steel because I'm a cheapskate but it worked out anyway.) It's actually advantageous to miss one of the hits on the FK if I use steel since otherwise I need a crit on her, (since it can trigger the Priest to heal her if she goes too low)

OW2PXef.png

Luckily I can buy more Physic next chapter.

bAZDSAQ.png

I don't actually attack here but havnig a 4x attacking brave axe user :awesome:

udKZvP5.pngDjJ9Dgt.pngiJyfs54.png

I hate FE6

g2RGExQ.pngnjxZqOJ.pngTOsQOqj.png

I have Lalum dance Igrene so she can get on the ballista, and she proceeds to blick another PK that moved down.

4nKxqfQ.pngmRYZYuI.png

Marcus actually had a spare moment to support Roy (this has been around since like chapter 11 or something lol)

VvrrG99.png

Killed this jerk so he doesnt fuck around with EP.

CXzJd46.png

I fucking love you Thany. (javelining things on EP)

m2lSFEa.pngwm5In2J.png

Blick this other PK and then Dieck mops up the last one. Free to run up now.

jy0NAcQ.png

Well that's S rank for Sue now. I doubt Igrene will be able to use Murgleis (I CANT SPELL THAT) ever though.

gPfZgC3.png

Once the PKs here are dead, it doesnt really matter what happens here, since she can just zoom to the boss anyway. I go visit first though.

J3hvOvW.png

Going to the vendor!

4ZcWaMa.pngnWbcK0C.png

Bonk (Killing Edge crit)

8eR8XD6.png

Bonk (EP dmg)

jezUxar.png

And thats her speed cap! Martel doesnt do enough damage to kill her but if both the Shaman AND Martel hit her it would have been a death (I should have Physic'd but it was like 20 and 30 hitrate)

APbLU1K.png

I kinda failed at showing this but I had Thany rescue Roy then get healed up normally by Saul. Also the rivers froze over last turn.

eyuA33c.png

I didn't forget about you Lugh! (you're still not doing shit)

USXFUnK.png

*sigh*

F4yFWty.pngPFWPQ06.png

hey look, I even had space to give Fae a kill!

qpm6FSo.pngQvrdx7K.png

Roy dumped on the Throne, will seize next turn. Right now I'm just clearing up Mercs and Brigands and Marcus will visit the last village.

BMqb3d0.pngf7fmu5K.png

Well its Bow wexp...

GPRjXBP.png

This is litearly the best Saul I've ever had.

q3TBxwe.png

This is litearlly the worst Fae level up I've ever had.

bSMZNEl.png14wKyy1.png

Roy seizes turn 10

Thany's average stats for her 10/11 (counting the robe I gave her) and current stats. Pretty high above average on str and def.

38.55 11.7 18.45 25.4 16.4 9.9 11.75

41 16 22 28 17 13 15

Lance's average stats for his 14/8 and current stats. Above average.

39 15 17 20 9 12 6

39 18 19 22 11 14 8

Dieck's average stats for 14/13 and his current stats. Pretty str and speed blessed.

48.9 19.4 21.4 18.4 12.35 14.2 6.15

49 24 23 22 16 14 7

Alan's average stats for 20/3 and his current stats counting speedwing. Almost bang on his averages aside from being weirdly skill blessed.

41.85 18.45 14.4 19.45 11.4 13.25 5.1

43 19 17 19 10 13 6

10/6 Sue average and current. Luck blessed but otherwise average.

31.7 11.2 15.7 18.1 11 8.4 6.1

34 13 18 19 15 9 7

12/4 Lugh. Mostly average, slighty above I guess.

27 13.6 14 14 9.9 7.1 10.2

29 15 15 16 10 7 12

15/7 Saul. Mag blessed. Other things are average. Too bad he's impossible to get into S Rank Light without tons of arena grinding.

33.2 13.8 16.65 19.65 4.55 6.55 16.5

35 18 18 21 5 8 17

18 Roy. Mostly average, speed is doing good though (I think with promo gains + wings he ORKO's the final boss lol)

31.6 11.8 13.5 13.8 17.2 9.25 5.1

33 13 14 16 18 9 5

Edited by Irysa

• 5 months later...

Hey, I'm back! Time to finish this mediocre playthrough by starting on another mediocre chapter. Honestly, the game just becomes a lot easier to thwomp your way through after this point, so combined with various factors (Pokemon, Gundam EXVS, Month Vacation, Dark Souls II, etc) I kinda just took a break from FE in general.

[spoiler=Chapter 19]

iPAMYO8MFpLWN.pngiJtxBLHJO3aIc.png

Another easy chapter. Sure there's FoW, but the enemies are chumps, the ballista aren't that threatening and its mostly just an excuse to make Niime eat statboosters and get a lot of Dark WEXP. Reinforcements come in really late too, there's no reason not to have finished by then even if you take a leisurely pace like me.

ibsw03H1s5vIUj.pngj4a3SMcALMoJt.png

Mhm gurl, those stats and ranks. Admittedly my Saul has turned out pretty ridiculous this run, but Niime is still better for a bunch of reasons. For one, she onerounds basically every enemy on the whole map, and since most of them are unpromoted garbage she may as well take most of the kills seeing as nobody is getting decent EXP out of them anyway, and she wants to hit S Dark for Apocalypse's +5 Mag.

inrRM8yUmfVB8.pngibkjgGEGxqD8oQ.png

First we need to throw some statboosters on her though but none of these are in high demand really so...

jbtj7kTZWZVK4U.pngjbfo7ULO7DI5aW.png

Then have Lance dump her on this fort with a dance from Lalum...

ibsGhGMajuCW2.pngivlWu6irO8PIC.png

Light the map up...(Dat Cecila mag tho)

ibovp7O0LxNEDc.png

And all these guys will zerg Niime on EP.

icF301gKJVsib.png

Had Percy eat a Secret Book, to put him at 17 skill now. Most of his stats are basically the same as Alan with a speedwings now.

ibiB8S0FLYqE0E.png

Bought a Lightning, 2 Physics, 2 Door Keys and 2 sets of Chest Keys. I forgot to bring the Guiding Ring to sell, oh well.

icWRNxraf6jTz.png

Niime's dodge chances on that fort are pretty high, but the Ballista managed to get a hit in. Most of the PKs got onerounded. There's an annoying Sleep Druid nearby, and a Silence Druid a bit further along but between Saul and Cecilia it's easy to just keep spamming restore. Oh yeah, I moved Thany and Dieck over the mountain last turn too I guess.

iGSAlFQBZDPSI.png

Picking off the remaning PKs with Sue and Igrene...

iYlxUpdbqKR3B.pngiqcDhulE1Ip0u.png

Obligatory "Fuck FE6 hitrates"

ioH0pN7U7j2Ui.png

This EP is more of the same, PKs that you can't see to the right fly in and suicide on Niime.

isRPfLcZtEEhe.png

Niime's just been chugging more of her statboosters whilst periodically moving up inside forests, whilst Thany and Dieck visited for an Aircalibur and picked off some chump enemies. Dieck will pull some more PKs.

iyCnovJBLw3M6.pngisjv31DF3aiDO.png

Yeah...not much to say about these.

iPfjadkXBhQFq.png

Roy is still periodically killing random enemies lol.

iK3QphYuHAzYZ.png

Str capped at 14/14! Damn impressive.

ibpreaqSjZGZZy.png

This situation's a little awkward because I already know the Silence Druid is sitting on that fort, and I really want to dump Niime on that fort this turn to chokepoint it.

imTlIzm30amAN.pngiVyQ3h4fY322S.png

I got Thany to kill the Cav and give vision on the fort, and Niime conveniently crit the Druid. If she hadn't I had a backup plan with Sue finishing off with a longbow though. Then I rescuedrop her onto the fort, Cecilia restores Saul (who's been getting targeted and hit by Silence non stop, jeez), who then Physic's her. Chokepoint locked.

iHZjw3LMo99Bq.png

Oh yeah, forgot about this Archer who tried to attack Thany before when I was ferrying Dieck across. He's been sitting around by himself using Vulneraries in the fog for the past 3 turns...

ieb7uFA7aX3LM.png

What the hell, there was still another PK hiding down there >:( Niime killed a bunch of Cavaliers and did some heavy damage to the lone Pally.

ibp1mXWGOkkjVO.pngij0XObHdcl5sj.png

Saul finishes her off and hits C light, so he can finally use that Divine Tome I got a few chapters ago. In other news on weaponlevels, Lance hit A swords, Alan hit A Lances, and Saul hit S staves.

ibpbcpyZsmOp76.pngilwoMawWNpVpB.pngibfpIyreRkO0nY.png

Clearing out the remaining trash mobs...note how close Alan and Percival are on stats. Alan's had 20 levels and a promo item and speedwings dumped into him, whilst Percival only took 2 Secret Books and 2 levels...and Percy has better weapon ranks. Not that I regret raising Alan but still...

jVKx2TsXucTuC.png

Lugh might actually get to do something on this map via killing that lone Archer!

juJkjQbsa5LYR.pngjQsCWkyv4i7ZS.png

Last spot to rescuedrop Niime on. She kills some Knights on EP, then I break her Flux on an archer next turn, leaving her almost at S rank. Meanwhile, Saul broke his Lightning on another archer. I broke a hand axe with Dieck earlier, and a Javelin with Thany. I really miss weapon merging. :(

jRBJIYohf8bpG.pngjBIXLqTgn6JWa.png

Lugh killed the Archer near the middle of the map, Sue goes to Killer the boss after ferrying Roy up. Didn't even have to rig, but the boss would go down in 2 rounds of combat anyway assuming she hits twice so it's not really a big deal.

jvaV5PLryuqXm.png

Sue has had some really great level ups this map though. Oh yeah, Alan grabbed the energy ring from the village. Dunno who I'm gonna throw it on.

jbwAo4CbEGic7z.png

Roy seizes turn 9...

Its a pretty boring chapter from a non efficiency perspective, and tbh the same goes for the rest of the chapters after this. At least now I can mess around with some warping though and get this finished with.

Edited by Irysa

Thanks! I checked out your finished 0% run since I started browsing SF again, really really impressive.

Whee, another video (with commentary!) beacuse its a quick clear. It's not that interesting though, since 20I is easy to 2 turn with Niime (2 Warp, 1 Rescue, hell its like the only time I use the rescue staff in this game usually) and really it only gets more complicated the more extra objectives you want to set. In retrospect, I think I said "actually" a bit less this time but still said it too much. Derp.

I think I'll chuck the chapter 19 energy ring to Sue, since iirc she can one round dragons with Murgleis if I do. Dunno how many boots I can afford to buy but I'll see how many I can put together.

Now I gotta try to 2 turn 20x...

Edited by Irysa

the easiest way to 2-turn 20x is to have a roy who can survive a round of combat from that SM near the throne. you then either need to somehow ORKO the boss or warp another unit who can add enough damage from 2-range.

This sucks. If only those stupid pillars weren't walls, you can totally stand inside those on every other map >:(

Also that swordmaster is standing in the worst possible place. If he wasn't standing there, I could warp 2 units on turn 1 (1 via Saul, 1 via Niime), drop Roy on the tile below him, then get Energy Ring Armorslayer!Lance and Lightbrand!Thany to kill the boss on turn 2 and have Roy seize.

I think it might be possible to 1 warp use it, and try to get Thany all the way up there and try to have her hit the boss with an Armorslayer on EP then PP for the KO. I have +1 warp range thanks to Niime proccing mag last map so it works on paper, but I need to connect 4 hits. She does have 68 disp hit tho, mmm, but that SM has like 80 disp hit and 80 crit, so thats insanely low for Roy to dodge, and he even gets doubled. Grossssss. May as well be trying to hit an Eclipse.

AHA, I've got it, Saul can sleep the swordmaster! It breaks my Sleep, but now I just need to rig Thany 4 hits with her Armorslayer and I'm good to go.

Okay I could hammerne my sleep during that free turn that Cecilia barriers Roy in ch20 instead so I still have sleep around for chaper 21/22. Worth it? I've still got 3 Hammerne uses and I've only used warp 4 times so far.

Edited by Irysa

Well, one Hammerine use is like 4 uses of Warp, so it doesn't really make sense to use one of those to save 1 use of Warp, you know? Not sure if Sleep will be handy or not in later maps, but if you think so, might as well just keep the run which used Warp twice.

Well, the thing is I'm not sure I actually need the max amount of 9 more warps anyway since I've technically saved 3 or 4 common uses as it is.

Ch21 needs like 2 or 3 warps, 21x needs 2, then 22 needs 2 or 3. 23 I have never actually tried to warpskip before, I usually just Niime to blow all the Berserk staff and let enemies kill each other and mop in afterwards, so I don't really know how many warps you need there, and the final chapter you can't really warpskip and for the final boss Roy with some boots will ORKO idenn. So theoretically, I could live with just 9 warp uses left I think, which is what I have if I hammerne sleep.

Also, if I use 2 warps and no sleep on this chapter I don't think I can 2 turn it. Basically either the Swordmaster has to be asleep, or dead for Roy to be able to stand nearby safely, and I can't warp Roy close enough to the throne on turn 2. That means one unit on turn 1 has to kill the SM, and the other has to drop Roy, which means I'd need 2 dances in the same turn, one for the unit dropping Roy and the other for Niime to warp again. If the SM wasn't there then I can simply afford to warp Thany on turn 2 and get Lance to drop Roy near the boss on turn 1, then kill the boss with Armorslayer!Lance and Lightbrand!Thany on turn 2.

I guess it's possible for Saul to warp Lance carrying Roy on turn 1, after Niime warps Thany from her starting position. Thany crits the Swordmaster, Lance drops Roy, then kill the boss next turn.

Scratch that, I don't have enough units at the bottom of the map to pull that off. Only 7 slots down there, 1.Roy, 2.Sue (breaks wall), 3.Niime, 4.Lalum, 5.Lance, 6.Thany, 7.Saul, that leaves no spare chars to ferry the Warp to Saul after Niime uses it. :\

That confirms it then, I can't kill the SM and drop Roy on turn 1, so its either somehow Roy survives vs 2x 80 disp hit + 80 crit, or sleep the swordmaster.

Edited by Irysa

Haha, nah, anyone can do basic warpskips when the game gives you such good tools. None of what I've done in this thread is remotely impressive compared to actual LTC, especially when said LTC involves far more factors to consider than the usual "kill boss, get lord to throne" approach of a warpskip.

Edited by Irysa

9EHIzCd.png

I got trolled by this tile. Why is this a wall instead of a regular square? :|

Now I have to go figure out somthing else ugh.

Edited by Irysa

Okay, I found some possible 2 turns. One involves a 2% crit with Lance with an armorslayer so I think we can ignore that. The other requires the ch19 energy ring on Lance to make up for the damage shortfall which eliminates the need for the crit. Since Lance has a free turn in ch20, that's easy to fix, so I went ahead and did that.

The great thing about this is that I'm pretty sure it can work in actual LTC too. Lance gets an extra 2 MT via his support with Roy, so base HM Percival with the ring has the exact same total MT. It can be done with base Niime Mag, (lol nope, need 1 proc), but you do need Saul to have at least 17 Mag to berserk the swordmaster, and your boots user (probably Miledy) to have C swords to use the Light Brand. The latter is kind of a steep demand I guess though.

I didn't initially think the Berserked SM would prioritise the enemy Shamans over Roy when ROY IS STANDING NEXT TO HIM but it actually happened so yay.

Things I probably could have done instead/will probably go back and tweak, actually put Thany where she should be for turn 2 and then let Cecilia and Sue hit some enemies before Lance kills the boss.

Edited by Irysa

Eh, went and optimised it slightly so I didn't have to trace any RNs for the boss, via letting Sue and Cecilia hit some enemies (holy fuck Cecilia has 16 mag). I think the cumulative total chance for the boss to get hit all 4 times by Thany and Lance is about 12%~. If the SM doesn't move or die then it's impossible to get Roy in range of the throne for turn 2 without warping a 10 mov unit, which means nobody else can reach the boss to help kill him on turn 2.

21 with only 2 fliers (Juno can help a bit) might be a little annoying, but being aware of the reinforcement spawnboxes means that I should still be able to reasonably warp/ferry a few units over and dash for the boss. Dieck can 2RKO Murdock pretty safely. I may as well sell some remaining junk too and see how much I can buy at the secret shop. Niime has to hit S Dark (should be easy) on this map since I'm warpskipping 21x. Saul has mostly obsoleted Yodel somehow this run aside from Yodel's base 30 res too.

Roy needs 1 speedwings to ORKO the final boss, so I'm totally doing that. Lance or Dieck need a speedwing to hit 24 speed to double the ch 23 boss (unless she has bolting equipped). Nothing else is essential but with the amount of money I have I can definitely afford to cap out a few units mov or stats here and there, so I'll spend some time thinking about that before I do the chapter.

Since I haven't done it in a while, unit stats time!

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

UNIT CLASS LEVEL HP ST SK SP LC DF RS WEP LEVEL

ROY LORD
19.26 34 14 15 16 18 09 06 B SWORD

ALAN PALADIN 20/04.53 43 19 17 19 11 14 06 A LANCE C SWORD E AXE - 1 SPEEDWING

LANCE PALADIN
14/09.99 39 20 20 22 12 14 08
S LANCE B SWORD E AXE - 1 ENERGY RING

PERCIVAL PALADIN ??/07.08 45 18 17 19 12 14 11 A LANCE A SWORD C AXE - 2 SECRET BOOK

DIECK HERO 14/14.73 50 25 23 22 17 14 07 S SWORD B AXE

THANY FALCO KNIGHT
10/11.98 41 16 22 28 17 13 15 S LANCE C SWORD - 1 ANGELIC ROBE

SUE NOMAD TROOPER 10/8.36 35 15 20 21 16 10 07 S BOW E SWORD

IGRENE SNIPER ??/05.00 34 19 19 18 11 11 10 A BOW

SAUL BISHOP 15/8.73 36 18 19 22 05 08 18 C LIGHT S STAFF

NIIME DRUID ??/20 32 22 21 19 15 07 18 A DARK A STAFF - 1 ANGELIC ROBE, 1 DRACOSHIELD, 1 BODY RING, 1 SPEEDWING

LUGH SAGE 12/4.70 29 15 15 16 10 07 12 S ANIMA E STAFF

CECILIA VALKYRIE ??/
07.22 33 16 12 10 11 07 16 A ANIMA C STAFF

FA MANAKETE
8.55 27 20 20 08 17 18 29

Edited by Irysa