Guest meibum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the origin or your username?

How did you come up with it?

How long have you been using it?

Ever seen someone with the same one or similar one?

1) The Legend of Zelda

2) Goriyas are my favorite enemy in Zelda.

3) Since January

4) Nope :D

Contrary to some people's belief, my username is not Hawaiian, although I am Hawaiian.

Naui is a nickname I received in High School from my robotics teammates. It started as a combination of Okinawa and Maui. Some of my seniors called me Okinawa because I looked Okinawan while the others called Maui because the school I attended was a boarding school on O'ahu and I was the sole boarder of team. Maui was mostly used to piss me off. Soon they combined the two into Okinaui and then later shortened it to Naui.

I've used Naui (or Nauibot or Naui19) since 2009. In most Video Games where we can name/build a character, I use Naui.

I've never seen someone actively use Naui, though apparently a diver training school is called Naui.

To answer the question of how long have I been using this name... Probably over ten years? I know it was when I made an account on gamefaqs. I'm the only Guy Starwind that I know of and my stuff shows up if you search for me.

Discuss and share :D

1. It comes from my full name initialized and somewhat flipped, I guess. WL being my first and middle name, Ashley being my last name, and 3 being at the end of it.

2. I've been using it for 8 years now, ever since I was 10. Though, I sometimes use "Ash3wl" to avoid confusion over my gender.

3. I made it when I was making my first ever email.

4. Nope, not even once. ;D

I play too much Assassin's Creed

I only use it on this site though due to the displayname changing function

Usually I use something that I don't think I've seen anyone use ever and that's what I go by usually but since SF has this function I like to change things up sometimes

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Well my original internet persona was/is Zeff. That's what I called myself on a lot of forums and it came from Zephiel from FE6/7. Not because I liked the guy or anything, but because I thought the name was cool. But rather than outright copy the name I shortened it to Zeph. But that looked weird, so I changed it to Zeff.

On Serenes however, since there's an RP forum, I wanted Zeff to become the name for one of my characters so I couldn't use that as a username (it would be weird talking about me vs. the character). So then I chose MrPleh. MrPleh is my PSN/Steam ID. But on a forum like this, I wanted something less humorous and something "cooler" akin to Zeff.

So then I went to the dictionary and pulled up the word Vestige. I liked the sound of it, and the meaning "a trace of something that is disappearing or no longer exists" as well.

People call me either Ves or Stige, your choice really.

The username I use all around the Internet is shytende.

It come from Shy Tenda, because I'm a big mother/earthbound fan, and my personality is pretty similar, at least irl.

There is also a joke i Disgaea 3 postgame, where Master Big Star have is name chnaged to master Bigster, and want is space and a back.

I mixed the two ideas and Voilà !

I had a plan to make new names with the letter of "Shy Tenda", but abandoned the idea

I also use TendaSlime, because I also love Slimes.

I changed my names for a stupid jokes in July and didn't want to use Tenda slime again

For my actual username, I wanted to use TendaSlimeKnight, but I didn't people to call me TSK (Because it's to close to DSK), so I added the name of a character I use in all my (unfinished) RPG Maker projects.

Edited by TendaSlimeKnight Ikkar

Meteor is a reference to several things I like. The artillery spell in FE, the move in Pokemon (Draco Meteor), and astronomy. I came up with it primarily because I wanted to reference Fire Emblem, considering the site. Naturally, I have been using it since that time (Jan 2008), but only on this site and one other. It's usually taken.

a weapon of high grade of a type that isn't in FE.

krBjATq.jpg?1?5440?

My first name wasn't really common, but was so close to other girl names that I grew tired of people calling me by the wrong name, so then from now on, I was referred to simply as Cal. And having played the FE series since 2004, I grew accustomed to the title of tactician that it grew on me to refer to myself as Cal the Tactician :)

Edited by Cal the Tactician