Shantae

lightdasher

VB82Xwt.giffYHJaBE.pngVB82Xwt.gif

Shantae is a nice old platformer game developed by WayForward, the same who've created Mighty Switch Force, Ducktales Remastered, the Adventure Time game for DS/3DS, Contra 4 and a few other good games, it's published by Capcom.

Released Titles

wwbPLPd.jpg

Shantae, it's first release was on the Gameboy Colour back in 2002, it's old, but not that old, the game became an obscure gem due to its release coming a year after that of the Game Boy Advance, however it did show support as playing the game with a GBA adds "enhancements" to the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b5W754z02Q

wz0twTy.jpg

Shantae: Risky's Revenge is the second game in the series, the game released on the Nintendo DSi's DSiWare shop (also part of the Nintendo eShop and on Steam Greenlight) in 2010/11 (depending) a whole 8/9 years after the original, now I'll be honest, I have still yet to play this one, so I'll just leave a review here.

Besides the two games above that have been released, we also have 2 other games coming soon titled Shantae and the Pirate's Curse coming on the 3DS eShop this fall, and Shantae: Half-Genie Hero which is going to be a multi-platform title, which is currently running a kickstarter here.

I would be super glad if you would donate to the Kickstarter if you are interested, not because I asked.

If you ask me it was an unfortunate time to start the kickstarter as it's being overshadowed by not-megaman.

(Half)Genies! Pirates! Zombies! Monkeys! how many other games do you know that have these in?

Edited by lightdasher

Went and dropped 45$ on it. Knew about it for a while, but was holding off until it was fairly sure it would make its goal. Though, it has done a few crossover things with "not-megaman" so it might have actually helped it.

Man, I wish my Kickstarter login shit would get sorted out already

Still need to play the games, I've heard all the good things about them, and of course they're beautiful.

I've been meaning to play these games, but either they're too expensive (original) or on platforms that I don't actually have! BUT I HAVE A COMPUTER (and a PS3), so might donate to this...after notMegaMan, sorry priorities.

EDIT Also I'm not the only one who thought Half Minute Hero when I saw the title, right? Right??

Edited by Refa

I played the sequel first and had a blast, though the original was a lot of fun(I really wish games that are on the eShop that have enhanced playability are played as if they are on the GBA rather than the GBC. Looking at you two as well, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.).

The Kickstarter has hit it's mark and reached one stretch goal, there are still four days left, so I hope it makes another, but it seems to be getting donations really slow :c