Classes for these three characters: Gilliam, Amelia, Kyle

I'm OCD about keeping my class numbers balanced, so I make Gilliam and Amelia into Generals since they're the only ones who can be besides Fado, and since I make Forde and Franz into Great Knights, Kyle ends up as a Paladin so that eventually I have 3 GKs and 3 Paladins. But that's just me.

because she has to go into a knight to get there...thats just awful.

unless you're doing creature campaign caps don't matter that much in FE8 so you may as well just go 2 Paladins and GK for mobility. Personally...I like great knights though.

Edited by Irysa

because she has to go into a knight to get there...thats just awful.

unless you're doing creature campaign caps don't matter that much in FE8 so you may as well just go 2 Paladins and GK for mobility. Personally...I like great knights though.

Even in CC Generals and GKs are worse, since you can just buy brave weapons and ORKO everything.

But I really like GKs, especially Duessel, who is the best GK of all 6.

Why wouldn't you want little Amelia in that huge General armour? It's like she's piloting a mecha or something.

Two tiers' worth of 4 move lancelock is one tier more than I'd like to put up with, for one, and second, the payoff sucks for all that effort. Also, that reminds me of Wendy's awfulness, which is strike three.

Back to the subject... Screw variety, Paladin for both Kyle and Amelia, and General for Gilliam (pfft, Great Knights).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Two tiers' worth of 4 move lancelock is one tier more than I'd like to put up with, for one, and second, the payoff sucks for all that effort. Also, that reminds me of Wendy's awfulness, which is strike three.

Back to the subject... Screw variety, Paladin for both Kyle and Amelia, and General for Gilliam (pfft, Great Knights).

*complains about movement*

*suggests to make Gilliam the class with less movement*

*complains about movement*

*suggests to make Gilliam the class with less movement*

Yeah, because the other option is an awful class with an awful sprite and essentially a foot unit that takes even worse movement penalties.

Great knights in FE8 are awful how?

Because it's pretty stupid that they're essentially foot units, which defeats the purpose of being mounted in the first place.

True, but generals are pretty much worse off than great knights regarding movement, since it's 5 vs. 6.

Tbh, though, I don't even use Gilliam, anyhow. But Generals have better animations than Great Knights (GKs have some of the blandest crit animations I've ever seen in a GBA game).

These are excellent choices.

Though really all you need is General Gilliam + Boots to kill everything.

Agreed with all this. I don't use Amelia myself, but I hear she does well as a paladin. Again, I suggest Great Knight for Kyle and General Gilliam given he's got Boots.

I would say Amelia and Gilliam should always be Generals, just because they are the only ones who can be generals, and Kyle I generally put as a paladin.

Not to mention Amelia will obliterate everything as a general.

• 2 weeks later...

GKs and Generals are the only units with full Weapon Triangle control, so it really comes down to which class you prefer. GKs have a bit more movement, but Generals tend to have higher Defense and Strength.

Your call. Personally, I go:

Gilliam - Great Knight

Amelia - General (a General with Speed? BAH GAWD)

Kyle - Whichever route I don't take Forde (usually GK since I prefer Forde as a Paladin)