Ragnarok Online 2

Acacia Sgt

Well, with this new section, I decided to give this a try. So, how many here play this MMO? I figured, if there's a big enough number, we could use this as a sort of general discussion place, or to organize things like partying for a dungeon and the like. Heck, we could even create a Guild for just us SF members.

So, what do you guys think?

Alright, there's a guild in there going by the name of "Serenes". If interested in joining up, just say the word and name of your character so they can be added in.

May I ask how different RO2 is from the original one?

Well, I can't speak much, since I know little of RO1. All I know is that apparently it's a sequel. It also uses 3D models instead of sprites, the combat and class system is most likely different as well.

According to some info on it, apparently many elements from the original are there. Not too sure about anything beyond that.

Well, I can't speak much, since I know little of RO1. All I know is that apparently it's a sequel. It also uses 3D models instead of sprites, the combat and class system is most likely different as well.

I see...I've spent a lot of time on RO1, so I wanted to hear how its sequel compares. Thanks for the input.

Well for one thing, gone are those awesome large AoEs that take forever to cast but have huge payoffs from wizards. Nifty spells like Hocus pocus, land protector, soulburn and the sort are gone too. It's 'modernised' and become more skill rotation based with cooldowns. And porings don't burst as adorably anymore.

What's the class system like? I'm too devoted to RO1 to make the jump to 3D, despite receiving and participating in early beta like 4.5 years ago.

What's the class system like? I'm too devoted to RO1 to make the jump to 3D, despite receiving and participating in early beta like 4.5 years ago.

Well, it contains 6 starting classes, each branching into two promotions. More or less they cover certain roles, depending on the class and promotion branch.

So grinds itself to the familiar 2-1 and 2-2 system, i'm assuming? Not bad...though I feel that's where the balance issues all arose from back in RO[1]

Still the same:

Swordie

Merch

Thief

Mage

Aco

Archer

and their respective promo-lines, I assume?

Edited by Elieson

So grinds itself to the familiar 2-1 and 2-2 system, i'm assuming? Not bad...though I feel that's where the balance issues all arose from back in RO[1]

Still the same:

Swordie

Merch

Thief

Mage

Aco

Archer

and their respective promo-lines, I assume?

Not quite. There is no Merch class, but the Alter, from the recently released Noel race. The Alter are a bit like hybrid fighters (as in, they can use both Physical and Magical attacks), and one of their promotions, the Crescentia, I think it follows suit. However, the other promotion, Soulmaker, is unique in the fact that instead of an expansion to the skill tree, you get a whole new one, regaining any already spent Skill Points to use in the new skill tree. Meanwhile, Soulmaker themselves are basically glorified Priests in terms of being a support class, but can also redirect damage to themselves, so to speak, in addition of healing and buffing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Sounds like a class built for DPS absorption moreso than the original design of the RO1 priest line. Sounds neat, I approve.