FE8 Mountless LTC Challenge

Espinosa

Both the 1-2 range Hero's axe access provides and the extra point of movement coupled with Longbow access provide interesting benefits that could make one or the other preferrable in different contexts. Didn't really get to choose his path on this run though; same story with Gilliam.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Man you're worse at updating than me, I only leave a year between chapters!

That being said I'll watch the Chapter 18 part when I get home. The other two chapters are self explanatory.

And here comes the last video, showcasing chapters 19 - Final, all completed in 1 turn of course:

Battle/Win/Lose ratio:

Ross 151-117-0
Artur 107-93-0
Eirika 62-44-0
Gerik 51-42-0
Gilliam 63-33-1
Garcia 60-31-0
Ephraim 39-26-0
Colm 53-25-0
Dozla 26-18-0
Innes 23-13-0
Saleh 15-13-0
Joshua 19-12-0
Rennac 8-5-0
Neimi 10-3-0
Lute 16-2-0
Moulder 10-2-0
Knoll 4-2-0
Tethys 4-0-0
Natasha 0-0-0
Ewan 0-0-0

I dunno how Gilliam managed to die... Probably loaded the raw save when he got critted by that one KE Myrmidon (who needed to proc the crit twice to KO Gilliam). Gilliam's bulk never impressed me actually (mostly because I preferred spd and/or str level-ups when managing his growth, which I only did until he reached lv. 10 anyway), and many of my units were a good deal bulkier, not to mention harder-to-impossible for the enemy to double.

Other than that, these stats didn't surprise me much. Happy to see Dozla so high up; he "shaved off" two turns at least.

It would be an LTC only in name not in substance, I think...

Because of maps like this, this or this one. It does seem like there's not a single map in the series that would absolutely require flight for completion, or is there one? I mean, what do you do when your fliers all die or something if you're doing a casualty run a bad player?

Edited by Espinosa

i'm pretty sure this chapter in fe5 is impossible if you don't have a thief, Karin, or anyone that can use warp. That's all pretty unlikely, but what with fatigue or just losing units in Manster, it can ruin someone's first playthrough.

EDIT: The circled dude has a bridge key, but if you somehow can't capture him too, it's impossible.

0f93538858e19d9c0410f0ab751f71e6.png

Edited by General Horace

Yeah, I remember hearing about that FE5 map.

I'm ready to return to the old PoR challenge anytime. Hoping to buy a new, more powerful PC that can handle the emulation better (though I hear proper sound is still a lost cause, but I'd like it lag a lot less), which enables the practice of all my chapter 25 strats without it being stupidly painful, especially for impatient types like me. My ancient PC actually runs the game more poorly now than it did 2-3 years whenever I started the challenge, butchering every character portrait and whatnot.