Help - a question if I may

SuperrSonic

Hello! I'm quite new here, I'm here with more of a request but please hear me out.

OK, so you know those doohickeys that flow through the select option menu?

Untitled-2_zps6a3e591a.gif

Well, my goal is to remove them. That's it.

Could somebody help me out here.

Why?

Because if being emulated it puts less strain on the hardware; less inconsistency.

The ambassador release for the 3DS removes those doohickeys. Even Nintendo had trouble.

The ambassador release for the 3DS removes those doohickeys. Even Nintendo had trouble.

false: they're still definitely there in the European ambassador release. i can't speak for the American or Japanese releases, of course, but really if what's easily the bulkiest release can handle them just fine, the others shouldn't have problems to the point of requiring them gone

anyway

i'm no expert but frankly it looks like a relatively simple effect, hardly straining for any emulator worth its salt. nonetheless, if you want them gone, the cheapest way to do it is to just blank out their graphics, which can be found at offset A26A74 (to the right of the larger numbers, beneath the "Copy Data" label). of course the process itself is still running, but again honestly i don't think that'd cause any problems

false: they're still definitely there in the European ambassador release. i can't speak for the American or Japanese releases, of course, but really if what's easily the bulkiest release can handle them just fine, the others shouldn't have problems to the point of requiring them gone

anyway

i'm no expert but frankly it looks like a relatively simple effect, hardly straining for any emulator worth its salt. nonetheless, if you want them gone, the cheapest way to do it is to just blank out their graphics, which can be found at offset A26A74 (to the right of the larger numbers, beneath the "Copy Data" label). of course the process itself is still running, but again honestly i don't think that'd cause any problems

Thank you.

I intended to play this game on a Wii with retroarch, it plays fullspeed except for this bit and it drops to 30-40fps

I managed to remove the effect thanks to you, however it still slows down. So that wasn't it.

Untitled-1_zps3c5e5d14.gif

I was led to believe this was the cause because the other FEs work fine and those don't use that effect, and when Nintendo released it on the 3DS without that effect I was certain... But you say it does have that effect.

This guy has footage of the change on a 3DS

http://youtu.be/UnDApoy6s4s?t=1m33s - skip to 1:33

I found another one that does have the flowys.

http://youtu.be/oBqC6Oi0CTw?t=1m9s - skip to 1:09

Also, it seems they all use the US version because of the lack of extra languages.

There is also the possibility that it's not full emulation for GBA games, the battery usage is the cause.

NES/GBC games reportedly use more battery consumption than GBA; this can only mean GBA runs natively or partly natively.

Looks like the edit is pretty random and without purpose.

Edited by SuperrSonic