War For Our Future - Character bios

DodgeDusk

Super special awesome Yuffie bio update GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Name: Yuffie.

Birthday: May 27th.
Birthplace: Ylisse.
Last Known Residence: Themis.

Class: Sage.
Speciality: Healing and Offensive magic.
Voiced By: Yuri Lowenthal.
Crit/Skill Activation Quotes:
Why don't you kneel?
On your knees!
You will harm no-one else!
I'm sorry for what I must do.

Appearance: Male, of below average height, brown hair, and glasses. Carries around his tomes and assorted herbs in his satchel, and with three slings on his back, for holding his staves. Wears the typical sage garb, but instead of blue and yellow, the garment is gold, white and green

Bio: An eighteen year old from near the Ylisse/Plegia border. After the destruction of one of the neighbouring villages, he swore to help prevent the needless death of his fellow Ylisseans, and worked tirelessly to learn the healing arts. Over time, he honed his knowledge and magical ability, and became a proficient healer. He signed up in the army upon hearing of the Annapocalypse, and after a disastrous defeat, he retreated, and found a fellow group of fighters, to whom he offered his assistance as a healer, and a mage. Since then he's been fighting with the Azure Dreamers, and joins them occasionally on scouting missions as a field medic.

Yuffie is a sage of above average healing ability, and spends his spare time learning as much as he can about medicine, as well as collecting herbs for the clinic. He blames himself for the death of his wife and son, Maribelle and Brady, and revealed to Kat that he is suffering from extreme depression. After a conversation with her, he realised that he should should tell the rest of the Dreamers about it, but has yet to muster up the courage to do so. He hides his depression behind a cheerful façade, and frequently tries to distract himself from his memories by throwing himself into his work. Occasionally, he unleashes his pent up emotions in one of his dramatic rants, hoping that the others might finally ask what the root of his overreactions were. So far, these wishes remain unfulfilled.

Yuffie holds a loathing for dirt and grime, as it results in him spending time cleaning his robes, and trapped with his thoughts – something he tries to avoid at all costs. However, if his friends are at risk, or there is a wounded animal, he will gladly trek through any obstacles to help them.

The most likely to lecture in the army.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated

However, we have a slight problem. Character limited is being breached, so I might have to extend the bios to a second post

We all really do type a lot. XD

Small edit:

Cass's VA is being changed from Lauren Landa to Julie-Ann Taylor.

Coolio. Shall update now

.../Sorry for writing too much

D:

It's okay! Fleshing out character's as much as possible is a good thing! Yet Dusk seems a bit two-dimensional to me

Coolio. Shall update now

D:

It's okay! Fleshing out character's as much as possible is a good thing! Yet Dusk seems a bit two-dimensional to me

I know but I still write like a novel or something D:

That reminds me, I wanted to edit my characters bio. But I wanted to ask something: we're allowed to meet/know the Shepherds in our own outrealm right? (Cause I thought we weren't allowed to for some reason...) If I can, it'll help me flesh out my bio more.

And that will allow my character to meet my husbando /Shot

I know but I still write like a novel or something D:

That reminds me, I wanted to edit my characters bio. But I wanted to ask something: we're allowed to meet/know the Shepherds in our own outrealm right? (Cause I thought we weren't allowed to for some reason...) If I can, it'll help me flesh out my bio more.

And that will allow my character to meet my husbando /Shot

Of course you can.

VA COMPILATION TIME

Kat: Tara Platt

Sorin: Brandon Karrer

Anon: Nolan North

Carter: Karen Strassman

Poly: DC Douglas

Wiz: Doug Erholtz

Alison: Michelle Ruff

Phoibus: Liam O'Brien

Dusko: Steve Valentine

Breezy: Corey Gagne

Klotho: Laura Bailey

Cassandra: Julie-Ann Taylor

Ace: Wendee Lee

Alicia: Caitlin Glass

Yuffie: Yuri Lowenthal

Silvia: Jennifer Hale

Dan: Quinton Flynn

Cedric: Derek Stephen Prince

Marf: John Burgmeier

Glaedyr: Cherami Leigh

Matthew: Scott Menville

Jxemas: Robert McCollum

Gulasca: Micah Solusod

Shadow: Jarrod Greene

Angie: Alexis Tipton

Samson: Troy Baker

Duck: Antony Del Rio

Isabelle: Allison Hollingshead

Updated and brought up... again.

yup.

And if Aya doesn't give me a VA for Isabelle, I'm finding her and chaining her to a tree.

EDIT: FINALLY THE LIST IS FULL

THANK FUCK

Edited by Polydeuces

Same here.

edit: May as well post updated bios for both Ace and Alicia

[spoiler=Ace Tactician]

Name: Ace Tactician (or just Ace)

class: Grandmaster

Birthday May 1

Birthplace: ???

Last Known Residance: Ylisstol Castle

Voice Actor: Wendee Lee

Critical hit/skill activation quotes:

"Keep your hand raised to the level of your eyes!"

"Rest in ashes and dust!"

"You can't stop Chaos"

"My appearance means doom for you all!"

Appearance: Long brown hair kept in a high ponytail with long side bangs, wears glasses. Wears the standard Grandmaster outfit but with a red sash around her waist. Has on her right hand, a brand consisting of a golden bird flying towards the rising dawn sun.

Bio: A kind, cheerful and idealistic woman who is an expert with swords and magic tomes. She values friendship, honesty and loyalty. Ace was born with strange powers, although she had trouble controlling them until she was eighteen years old. Whenever Ace gets angry or upset, her normally brown eyes turn deep red and she becomes a formidable opponent in battle. She watched her best friend, Gaius die before her eyes by an Anna, and because of this awful tragedy, refuses to let anybody else that she considers a friend die. Due to slipping into an extreme grief fueled blind rage, Ace suffered from memory loss afterwards for a time.

Due to spending time with the Azure Dreamers, Ace remembered that her best friend's name is Gaius and that she married Ylisse's Prince Chrom after defeating Mad King Gangrel and that she has a daughter, Lucina. And there were events that suggested Gaius might not have been dead after all, and that she was from an outrealm.

Ever since meeting her twin sister, Alicia for the first time since being separated at birth Ace learned that Gaius was alive thanks to Alicia’s powers of Soul Judging. The two have since formed a close bond despite their separation for so long. Ace has since then become a bit protective when it comes to Alicia, even going to far as to pummel those who would hurt her, physically or mentally. She has also developed an aversion to watching people die, either by suicide or an enemy. Ace fights on for the day she can see her husband and daughter again, though after hearing what Alicia went through in life Ace also wishes for her twin’s sisters. happiness.

Outside of battles, Ace can be found constantly studying to improve her skills and tactical prowess as to not lose her edge. The one most likely to lose her temper. Ace’s powers include: super strength when Chaos Mode is active, taking the form of either a bird or blue flames and empowering her allies by channeling her power into her friends. And occasionally dreaming about events.

Tumultuous Arrangement's (AKA chaos mode) limitations is this: 1) Ace has to get angry at something, eg a foe or something the foe did. 2) There has to be enough chaos around her to tap into the skill, like a raging battlefield with lots of fighting and bloodshed. 3) There's also the risk of Ace losing her perception on who's a friend and who's a foe if she stays in Chaos Mode for too long since she hasn't mastered it yet.

So Tumultuous Arrangement is purely a battle skill since it requires Chaotic energy to be used.

[spoiler=Alicia Taylor]

Name: Alicia Taylor (or just Alicia)

Class: Grandmaster
Birthday: May 1

Birthplace: ???

Last Known Residence: Somewhere in Eastern Ferox
Voice Actor: Caitlin Glass

Critical Hit/Skill Activation quotes:
"Rulebreakers shall be punished!"
"Your actions shall be your undoing!"

"Your time on this plane has ended!"

"Farewell."
Dual Guard quotes:
"Overruled!" and "Motion denied!"

Appearance: Long brown hair with half in a bun and the other half down to her waist. Also wears glasses. Wears the standard Grandmaster outfit but with a blue sash. Also has on her left hand, a brand consisting of the morning sun rising over a blue set of scales.

Bio: Ace Tactician's twin sister and the Heiress of Order, also skilled with blades and tomes. She was raised in Ferox by her uncle, an assassin known as ‘Twilight Jack Taylor’ who she referred to as Father in public to make everyone think she was his child. Alicia values honesty, order, friendship and written rules and regulations. Alicia used to come off as cold, logical and emotionless to most people, but now she's better about being herself around others. Alicia deeply cares about her twin sister, Poly and the friends she makes. Alicia being the Heiress of Order has the duty of guiding the souls of the deceased to their proper plane of existence, which means she is capable of reviving a select few people who are not ready to move on to the next plane of existence.

Her powers include turning the vilest of evildoers into stone and the Risen since they are unnatural creatures, dismissing the bound souls inside Risen under the right conditions and empowering her allies. She can also cast magic without tomes, though doing so tires her out since it uses her own energy to power the spell.

Her limitations are these: 1) Alicia's surroundings must be calm for her to use her powers, it can't be in the middle of a raging battle. 2) Alicia herself must be calm and collected. 3) For dismissing Risen, the souls used to create said Risen must be displaced from their proper plane. If no soul was used, this ability doesn't work. Also doesn't work if they are souls Alicia hasn't guided to the correct plane yet.

Alicia as a child discovered she could sync with the emotions of others, given the proper environment and the person allowing her to peer inside. Though this ability was sought after by many people seeking answers their loved ones, leading to Alicia’s empathy power being abused for purposes without the best intentions in mind. Tired of being someone else’s tool, Alicia ran away and discovered a place where the planes of Earth, Heaven and Hell intersected, creating a neutral ground where secrets could not be concealed. It was also where the souls of the deceased would often gather before moving on. This place became Alicia’s safe haven where she often expressed her feelings, locked away from the outside world below her.

When Alicia’s uncle died from walking into a trap set by his rival, she found out first when she encountered his spirit in the Neutral Ground. Alicia would later find out her crush was the one responsible for setting up her uncle’s demise. This added grief caused Alicia to become disillusioned with romantic relationships, and resulted in the young man being turned to stone. Even after taking over leadership of her uncle’s assassin group as ‘Emotionless Judge Taylor’ people still sought after her empathy powers, now even more so after being refuted to lack emotions of her own.

Alicia fled to the Neutral Ground one night, frustrated over being used to solve other people’s relationship problems and inadvertently summoned her uncle’s soul from heaven. At his advice, Alicia resigned as leader of the assassin group and freely wandered around Ferox, Ylisse and Plegia as a freelance mercenary. Though years of having her empathy power used for other people’s personal gain rendered her unable to freely express her emotions around other people out of fear that her gift would be discovered, thus adopting a façade of being logical and stoic. Her only safe haven at that time was the Neutral Ground.

After noticing the disappearance of many deceased souls from other planes, Alicia traced their disappearance to the very outrealm where she meet her twin sister for the first time since birth.

It was in this same outrealm that she met and eventually fell in love with Polydeuces, the ruler of Regna Ferox, after seven years of believing she’d never love again. Alicia has since then decided that her true home is here by the side of the man she dearly loves, using her intellect to help the country prosper after the war.

Outside of battles, Alicia is normally found reading books pertaining to legends, rare weapons and items and/or tactical strategy tomes. Has the best control of her emotions of the army.

Edited by Ace Tactician

yup.

And if Aya doesn't give me a VA for Isabelle, I'm finding her and chaining her to a tree.

I guess she can get the VA of whoever did Celine Jules in Star Ocean The Second Story.

She's been busy with her mother, Poly.

Yup.

And she's getting better each day. ^_^

[spoiler=Updated Bio...for now]Voice actor: John Burgmeier

The Hero-King who saved the world from destruction in ages long past. Legends say he defeated a wicked dragon with a blade blessed by the Divine Dragon. He holds all of his friends in high regard, both old and new, is wise, calm, fair, and possesses an inner strength as resilient as steel. In all of his stories, he's famous for his overflowing kindness and compassion. He truly believes of an everlasting peace and strives for it with all of his being, but is haunted by the victims and sacrifices made along the path towards it, which he still cannot forgive himself over.

His journey to find Naga took longer than he had originally expected. What would normally had been a week in the Outreams, actually turned out to be 7 months, back with the Dreamers. While within the Outrealms, he, with the help of Chrom and the Shepherds from another Outrealm, had waged war against the Einherjar reflections of history's greatest heroes and villains, which included the allies that he once had in life, and strangely himself. After each battle, Old Hubba collected the cards of each warrior and sealed them all away, save for the select few who had a special purpose, alongside Marth, and decided to join him in finding the truth. These few included the Exalted King Alm, Blessed Maiden Celica, Scion of Light Seliph, Sage-Lord Leif, Young Lion Roy, Sacaean Noblewoman Lyn, Restoration King and Queens Ephraim, and Eirika, Radiant Hero Ike, Devoted Queen Elincia, and the Priestess of Dawn Micaiah. (To prevent any spoilers for his paralogue, I will fully update this at a later time)

The most noble and trusting person in the army.

Edited by Hero-King

Name: Sorin

Build: 1

Hair: 5

Hair: Silver

Voice: 2 or Calm
Birthday: August 29th

HP: 80

Strength: 41

Magic: 41

Skill: 42+5

Speed: 44+5

Luck: 40

Defense: 38

Resistance: 42+5

Weapon Ranks (Awakening)

Swords: A

Magic(Anima, Light, and Dark): A

Class Change

"I will grow stronger. No matter what."(Class Up) Class Change

"For the light at the end of the tunnel."(Class Change)
Dual Support

"I'm here."
"This is nothing to you."
"I'll watch your back."
Dual Strike

"Too Slow."
"That all?"
"Need a hand?"

Dual Guard
"I won't lose you."

"Aren't you lucky."
"Get Back!"
"Just in time."

Critical

"Checkmate!"(Couldn't resist)
"You're only asking to die."
"Step Down."
"C'mon, fight back."
"There's no escape for you."

Partner Defeated Enemy
"I didn't need your help."
"...Thanks I guess."
"Well done."

Enemy Defeated
"Try again."
"Did that hurt?"
"*Sigh*"

Voice actor: Brandon Karrer

Appearance: A Grandmaster but with the clothing of Izanagi-No-Okami from Persona 4 The Golden (minus the helmet) or at least the cloak and chest guard.

Roster

A tactician found by Chrom in a field outside Ylisstol. He has a very rich bloodline that started back in the days of the Holy War. Also where his family blade, the Purgatorial Abysm was made. Refuses to use magic(Well this incarnation does.) no matter how proficient his is and chooses to hone his rather amazing sword craft. He mysteriously has both the Mark of Naga(On his chest from his mother, Chrom's Half-Aunt) and the Mark of Grima(on his right hand from his father, just guess) but tries his best to keep them hidden. Isn't afraid to get his hands dirty in wartime but loving to his allies and family. Fell into this outrealm and began helping the resistance somehow becoming its leader. Tries not to crack under the stress but... The most easily hid emotions of the army.

His mother is the bastard child of Chrom's grandfather and a mistress of his. Although this making her Chrom's father's half sister, she was still shunned by him and the rest of House Ylisse despite her pacifistic nature(Which was later adopted by her half niece, Emmeryn.). Eventually she ran away and by chance met Validar. She somehow fell for him and bore him a son. Afterwards however she found out about his sadistic Grimleal desires and in attempt to save her son tried to return to Ylisstol but was denied by her half brother and exiled. The rest was lost to history....or was it?

Due to Sorin's lineage of having Exalted and Grimleal blood along with many other bloods, using either Light or Dark Magic make the symbols of his hybrid blood cause him great pain. Using Thunder Magic is extremely easy for him and yet very powerful(During the Holy War, his blood becomes mixed with Tiltyu's Freege Blood.). Sorin himself has been reincarnated and has taken place in many major conflicts throughout history. It follows his bloodline and so far, he has been in Jugdral, Archanea, Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius. Once they die, that reincarnation's soul is sealed into Abysm to aid the future ones.

His ancestors found the Purgatorial Abysm. Purgatorial Abysm was made back during the 12 Crusaders battle against the Dark God, Loptyr. Due to all the positive and negative energy from Naga and Loptyr this it was made from the mixture of both energies and took the shape of a blade. The blade was found by the original Sorin's family and was passed down eventually going to him. Abysm "infected" Sorin's family's blood with both Naga and Loptyr energy changing it into the only blood accepted by it. The Naga and Loptyr blood eventually fused many generations before the first Sorin was given the blade forming the Holy Blood known as, Purgatorial Since it was made from Light and Darkness it has an aversion to both while having a slayer effect on both and has been sought after because of the immense boost in power it gives. It is a powerful channel for light and dark magic as well as a unmatched physical weapon. Due to the blade's neutral alignment and the fact that the first hands laid on it were those of Sorin's family there is now a seal preventing those other than family from harnessing it's it because now Sorin's blood is the complete median. The blood can be replicated though. Just not easily. In Awakening, Abysm is acquired by Sorin from Tiki once they climb the Mila Tree. It was found by one of her followers once his mother lost it.

Edited by Sorin