Intelligent Systems working on unannounced Wii U title

Jave

James Anderson, who works at IS as a programmer, has revealed in his Linkedin account he's currently working on an unannounced Wii U title.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/james-anderson/24/7/ba4

I am currently working on an unannounced title for the Wii U, as well as providing tools support for other internal teams.

Shipped Titles:
•Paper Mario : Sticker Star
•Game & Wario
•Eco Shooter Plant 530,
•Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero .

Start speculating!

If it's not Fire Emblem or Metroid related, I'm uninterested.

EDIT: A new IP wouldn't be bad either.

Edited by Knight

I hope it's a Paper Mario title.

How can you people not be interested in IS's best work.

Everyone loves NES Soccer, calm down man!

I'm not as big a fan of Paper Mario as the other Mario RPG's, or Fire Emblem, just my opinion.

And I respect it.

I know!

I've been waiting for another Advance Wars game forever!

Oh you. :P

Everyone loves NES Soccer, calm down man!

B-But...

On a sidenote, I really should play more of the Paper Mario games. For whatever reason, I couldn't get into Mario & Luigi, even though like everything about it should appeal to me; it makes me feel BAD.

Would love a Wii U FE and the timing is sort of right, but just looking at his list of games, I don't see any previous FEs that he's worked on.

Still, it could be a first for him and I suppose that probably isn't his full list of titles? (But why wouldn't you list FE?)

Edited by VincentASM

I so hope it's not Fire Emblem. I guess it would be kind of an relieve to have a reason to finally buy a Wii U but I am worried the thing would bomb just like the Tellius games. Except even worse because of the small market of Wii U owners.

Though, given that IS made the GBA games specifically with the intention to go back to consoles in a few years, I fear they might be crazy enough to try it anyway.

I doubt it's FE, as it's not really a good time to be making one for the Wii U right now. The Wii U still needs to increase its own sales, and FE isn't gonna help as much with that as, say, Zelda Wii U, Smash Bros., or a Galaxy-esque 3D Mario would.

Uh, Sasori, don't you know about Paper Mario: Sticker Star? The battle system is in that and it's the newest title. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I doubt it's FE, as it's not really a good time to be making one for the Wii U right now. The Wii U still needs to increase its own sales, and FE isn't gonna help as much with that as, say, Zelda Wii U, Smash Bros., or a Galaxy-esque 3D Mario would.

Uh, Sasori, don't you know about Paper Mario: Sticker Star? The battle system is in that and it's the newest title. xP

Except Sticker Star doesn't seem to be very well liked, so I've noticed, so he might not.

Sticker Star did not use the battle style of Paper Mario 64, and TTYD, it tried its own thing with Miyamoto interfering with IS's original plan for the game so it ended up being the bland lifeless thing we got

Here is even proof that Miyamoto apparently dislikes story in games involving Mario etc http://www.negativeworld.org/roundtable/9007/is-miyamoto-interfering-too-much-with-other-teams-games

Iwata: Miyamoto-san really persevered with Paper Mario this time. Exactly what was he particular about?

Tanabe: Aside from wanting us to change the atmosphere a lot, there were two main things that Miyamoto-san said from the start of the project—"It's fine without a story, so do we really need one?" and "As much as possible, complete it with only characters from the Super Mario world.

Iwata: That's a difficult task. In some ways that would be the exact opposite direction from recent games in the series.
Edited by Jedi

I began to really like Paper Mario after playing the first one on Virtual Console. It would be pretty cool if they remade the original Paper Mario for the Wii U, even though I don't have one.