Hexware

Aleph

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How hard would it be, as an anti-RNG-abuse measure, to make the game use the secondary RNG when it repaths arrows for movement?

I believe my RNG hack already does this. It adds a new abuse possibility, though - the first time you resume after quitting in the middle of a battle, the results of doing it over will be different. This can be used to give units who are killed another chance to survive, or units who have a high crit chance a greater chance to succeed. However, for some strange reason, further repetitions of the battle will always result in whatever happened the second time.

• 1 month later...

Hextator, the link to the support hack seems to be broken, and I can't find it in the doc anywhere. Could you re-link/reupload it, please?

I've been moving finalized utility hacks that would be auto patches into FEditor's source folder so those things are all together for any developer who wishes to make them into actual auto patches. I consider the Event Supports thing to meet the criteria of something that would be patched automatically.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I was thinking of hiring Hextator for a couple of small hacks that I think would be good additions for hacks. Would anybody be interested in pitching in?

Bow WTA Advantage Hack

- Changes weapon triangle advantage so that bows have an advantage when attacking at 2-range and a disadvantage at 1-range and when defending. Still neutral against other bows. Neutral at 3 or higher.

Branched Promotions Hack

- Promotion class determined in the promotion item list. Reads XX YY (T1 class that can use the item, T2 promotion) instead of just XX, XX, XX, XX...

Crossbows Hack

- Changes Damage and Hit calculations to enable Crossbow weapons: Damage = (Mgt * (2.5 for T1 or 3 for T2)), instead of (Str+Mgt). Hit = (Str+Skl) instead of (Skl*2).

- Can assign this to specific classes (which would override the formula for all bows, for crossbows as a class), or to specific weapons (for crossbows as a subtype of bow).

PRF Weapons Hack

- Determines PRF weapons in an array; one entry corresponding to each weapon/item slot (255 total, obviously). The first byte specifies whether the lock applies to characters or classes (01 for char, 02 for class?), followed by a pointer to the list. Seperated by 00. XX PP PP PP PP 00.

Edited by Arch

Branched Promotions Hack

- Promotion class determined in the promotion item list. Reads XX YY (T1 class that can use the item, T2 promotion) instead of just XX, XX, XX, XX...

Can you expand on what the ramifications of this one are? I presume this would make it so that promotion items are linked to the T2 class as well as the T1 class?

Basically, it would mean that you can have promotion branches for classes based on the promotion item used. It still reads the same list for "who can use this item," and the entry after specifies the promotion.

Say for Knight's Crest, we have:

Squire (Swords)

Paladin

Cavalier (Lances)

Paladin

Knight

General

And for Coat of Arms, we have:

Cavalier

Great Knight

Knight

Great Knight

Soldier

Halberdier

Archer

Sentry

And for Orion's Bolt, we have

Archer

Sniper

Soldier

Sentry

Squire

Ranger

That gives us the following branched promotions: Squire -> Paladin/Ranger, Cavalier -> Paladin/Great Knight, Knight -> General/Great Knight, Soldier -> Halberdier/Sentry, Archer -> Sniper/Sentry.

You could use this hack, theoretically, to have a class with as many branches as there are promotion items (say, an actual Villager class instead of FE13's reclass shenanigans).

Edited by Arch

^ I almost did that type of thing once, gathered some notes, these are from Nintenlord's hacking notes:

0802981e checks what class to promote to.

0801744a checks promotion item use
May come in handy if indeed that hack is to be done. I'd put down money but I've only got like $3 left on a prepaid credit card and no money left :P
Edited by Jubby

Honestly the only hack of interest from that list is the PRF weapons hack and even then it's rather low on my personal list of priorities. I'm happy to contribute some, but I'm still waiting on my own request.

With that then I'd imagine 080285F6 is an address of interest. It's the code that gets the strength bit. So I imagine it'd be easy to change the bit to load to be resistance not strength if it's a magical attack(which is determined anyway by loading either defense or resistance for the damage depending on what type it is) but like Hextator said there's probably a lot more addresses involved

You guys know how this works. The balance for this public service is 0 (doesn't matter what unit of currency because 0 is 0 in any of them) so there's no resources to conduct any research with

Imagine we're not across the planet and behind the internet and we all live right next to each other. Now imagine instead of me doing this stuff I'd be building a shed for everyone to put stuff in, or like a mailroom for everyone to go get their mail. This is the part where it's like "okay then give me some money to buy wood and tools with".

funds have been duly placed

Just so we're clear if one donates enough for four hours of hacking, one expect four hours of hacking, not "a fee to get things started", yes?

One should expect that what is funded is what will be enacted,

so yes, funding 4 hours of research should bring the community 4 hours closer to whatever goal is desired

which happens to be your particular request,

since - as I've said - greater contributors have the privilege of greater weight in the decision making process.

Don't use tacky words like "fee" please