Hexware

Aleph

You could have actually communicated in this fashion

STRAIGHT from "Release Info.txt" which a file named "Readme.txt" right there in the root folder of the program says you MUST read:

Changes by Hextator:
		Fixified the CSAPS for FE7 to properly load OAM sheets asynchronously for custom spells.
			WARNING: This will change the base pointer to your custom spells.
			Follow the instructions in "doc/Updating.txt" BEFORE opening any files with FEditor!
			Sort of warning: Minimal testing done; should work, but do report bugs with custom spells or issues with battle animations.
		Modified building scripts/metadata so that FEditor properly builds using the python script instead of relying on being imported into NetBeans.

And here's the relevant line from "Readme.txt" that says you're supposed to read "Release Info.txt":

- Release Info.txt: This file contains a history of all the releases and other modifications
	to the editor I cared to document. I cared enough to be rather verbose, so it's getting
	big, fast. It also contains information about known bugs and planned features. I
	consider it required reading each time a new release is reported.

And some bold, for emphasis:

I consider it required reading each time a new release is reported.

I mean. Like.

Really, kid? Don't speak for other people. You are not everyone I have ever interacted with.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, kid? Don't speak for other people. You are not everyone I have ever interacted with.

Kid?

Oh, Hex.

Even your Readme is pretentious and self-aggrandizing.

I thought we had tabled this, though. You're only making yourself upset. Thank you for the clarification.

Edited by Siuloir

I thought we had tabled this,

We did, but you won't

just stop

because you insist on making negative posts that have zero content other than berating me, while I'm actually going through the effort to prevent hard evidence to the contrary of your claims. Yeah, it was a bit late; I'm sorry correcting you isn't my priority. This thread's title actually has my name in it and is probably not a place you should be posting in if you don't care for me. Don't mistake me helping you out by reminding you to read things labeled "Readme" (although it's like, why do I have to do that? For anyone? Yes, there are others) for continuing whatever you think this conversation is.

Yes, DO read the Readme. Follow its instructions. If they say to read something else, read that too. This goes for everyone: there's not a whole lot of scrupulous ways to make the doc pop up in your face beyond naming the file "Readme", so at least do that, okay?

This is a public service announcement. It is not an invitation to tie your panties in a not and complain to me about it. It is not an invitation for random people who are not involved to talk about how they are cringing from something that was not affecting them until they chose for it to. I have even asked the moderators to ensure this thread is about what it was supposed to be for and am still seeing posts by people about things that are not Hexware without any intervention on their part. If I had to guess, it is because they think you are mature enough to handle it. So handle it. Control your urge.

Do not post in this thread if it is not about Hexware.

Jesus Christ, give it a rest Siuloir. You're trying to give the air of being the better man, but that's not what you're being by pointlessly antagonising Aleph in an effort to "teach" him or whatever it is you're trying to do.

I told the other people to keep an eye on this topic but looks like it's gotten way out of hand. Sorry I couldn't get to it any sooner, I was a little busy myself.

The rest of you, too, should just drop it. No punishment will go around, but if it continues it will go around severely.

Carry on with the thread's original purpose. If you have anything to tell me, shoot me a PM. Don't reply in this thread, it's already been to hell and back.

Edited by Nightmare

• 2 weeks later...

FEditor Adv has been updated with a fix for the issue illustrated in the second part of this 4 part video

(thanks to Siuloir and (especially) Arch for assisting with identifying and fixing this issue).

Also, the map sheet is now initialized to zero bytes during the custom spell constructor code, thus removing the appearance of garbage data that was an issue (and still is) even for the original spells.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/336940/Distribution/FEditor%20Adv.7z

The issues are currently only fixed for 7 and are still present for 6 and 8.