What are you working on?

NICKT™

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some awesome maps. Remember me to hire you if Exxucus can't work for me and I make a Fire Emblem-esque game. lol

I'd be down for that. Whatever you'd want to pay, too, as I'm doing maps for fun anyways. I'd just like to see something come out of them, and all the other resources available, that I and others could end up playing a cool new hack or game, in the end :p

4Ks4X.png

i think that's the wrong tile? i don't remember if there are flat bridge tiles in that tileset (i think i see some other places where that happens too) but it looks like there's a flat one right next to it? (by 'flat' i'm referring to how it looks like the tile on the left is a full curve, which wouldn't make sense in this scenario)

Edited by CT075

On the other hand, using 'cap'n' can show an informal or a level of comfort between the two, and doesn't necessarily reflect the way one would otherwise speak; it can function just fine as it is, without being overburdened with vernacular.

Yeah, I don't know. I try saying "cap'n" but it's just uncomfortable to say, so from that I believe it's really characterized in language, rather than being through familiarity with someone. I understand where you're coming from, but the persons name isn't Captain, so if you wanted familiarity and comfort between the two, it'd be better for him to call his captain by his name, or nickname, rather than just a shortening of his title.

It's like going up to Obama as a good friend and calling him "Hey Presi, how are you doing on this fine, dandy and glorious eve?"

A good friend of mine's name isn't 'hawaiian' either, but we use it because it connotes a different level of comfort than if I were to use his given name. There isn't a strict correlation between one's role, one's name, and how one ought to be referred, so it really comes down to preference in a situation like this. More than that, I don't think we even have enough to assume that the person called 'cap'n' is even a captain--just as my friend isn't Hawaiian. I think it would be better to understand how the two are related, more than how we as an audience would prefer the text to be or appear.

4Ks4X.png
i think that's the wrong tile? i don't remember if there are flat bridge tiles in that tileset (i think i see some other places where that happens too) but it looks like there's a flat one right next to it? (by 'flat' i'm referring to how it looks like the tile on the left is a full curve, which wouldn't make sense in this scenario)

In the tileset I've used (01004C03, FE8) the adjacent tiles are chests, trees that can be felled, and some grassland tiles. FE8 seems to use some modified versions of previous tilesets, so it very well may be that in FE6 or FE7, there are the flat-bridge tiles you're mentioning.

The pleasant thing is that others are free to edit this however they please, once I release the map file, so if they find the double-bridge to be aesthetically ugly or whatever, they can make it a one-tile gap instead, so that only one bridge is needed.

does a visual novel using Fire Emblem graphics count?

still a bit of an experiment but I'm using FE graphics(mugs, cgs, backgrounds) to make a visual novel.

So far, I'm just playing around to see what I can do with it while trying to learn how to romhack.

old screenie since my laptop is in a coma, so to speak.

jIPfE9n.png

Those are some awesome maps. Remember me to hire you if Exxucus can't work for me and I make a Fire Emblem-esque game. lol

is this the part where I say "I actually have a map request thread, the link is in my sig", or am I wasting my time?

is this the part where I say "I actually have a map request thread, the link is in my sig", or am I wasting my time?

It's something good to repeat honestly ^^ and something worth considering to me

is it just a photoshop job or something or an actual screenshot of something greater

It's an actual screen shot. It's from a program meant for making VNs. Though I'm still experimenting and finding my way around the program.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eCut, October 8, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by eCut, October 8, 2013 - No reason given

EDIT: Forget it. If any mod can delete this, that would be great.

Edited by PixelmanFE

does a visual novel using Fire Emblem graphics count?

still a bit of an experiment but I'm using FE graphics(mugs, cgs, backgrounds) to make a visual novel.

So far, I'm just playing around to see what I can do with it while trying to learn how to romhack.

old screenie since my laptop is in a coma, so to speak.

jIPfE9n.png

I might be able to dig up some Python code for a realistic text system, which was going to be for a VN I was making. It had a combination of RD+Gba dialogue, you might get use out of it. Interested? Only helps if you're using Ren'Py though.

• 3 weeks later...