What are you working on?

NICKT™

Still working on MU hack. Getting annoyed with all the nuances of ROM hacking though, I'm thinking I might switch over to XNA whenever it gets released (programming >>> hacking)

Although that destroys my dream of playing it on my GBA :(

this pretty much

except obviously not the same hack

yeah

homebrew

right

mmhmm

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Screen6a-B1_5_zps76519dde.png

This will be a bundle of fun, especially with virtually no tools and documentation for the game.

Just a pet project, especially because of the above; I don't foresee myself working on this in significant chunks over a reasonable amount of time at all

No, seriously, every change I've made can be seen in this screenshot and the first change was made last October (well, okay, I've made a ton of palettes in the mean time but haven't added them)

Yeah, that's what it is - Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2.

Right now, the progress isn't very impressive, given that it's just changed palettes - basically, just cleaning it up and making it look sharper.

For example:

Here's the same screen (screenshot'd and cropped, then Gyazo'd) from a base, unchanged ROM:

d2f4e2eeb3d72b26a81f04ad687904df.png

And here's one sample of official art for the mech in question, showing that the original game has colors that are pretty off:

http://gyazo.com/503b8070c0766657090f0d86eac84f01.png

The other color changes bring the game more in-line with its PS2 compilation/remake's scheme.

Edited by Lord Glenn

And here's one sample of official art for the mech in question, showing that the original game has colors that are pretty off:

http://gyazo.com/503b8070c0766657090f0d86eac84f01.png

Wow.

That is one weird looking robot...

Edited by PixelmanFE

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running the idea of making a sequel to FE8 in my head. I always thought that Magvel was a very underdeveloped world, and I'm running some ideas through my head of what could be put into a FE8 sequel. My first story thoughts are to base it 25-30 years after the events in FE8, and base it in Rausten, because the east part of Magvel felt the most underdeveloped to me. I figure that it would be somewhat of an FE6 style of affairs in terms of characters, as I'm thinking of using FE8 pairings, and having both original FE8 characters and new child characters. This is honestly a thought that just popped into my head, but I might write a rough draft of a story for it. I'll also need to learn ASM if I want to go ahead with this idea. What does everyone think of this idea?

• 3 weeks later...

Im starting to work on my hack project jaun again. I stopped working on it for about a month or 2 as school came back and right now finals are here, but after next week i can work on it more. I only have 3 chapters made and chapter 2 doesnt want to work.

I still dont know how to correctly use an image host so forgive me.

Prolouge:

post-9693-0-27740500-1389657381_thumb.png

Ch.1

post-9693-0-70668100-1389657384_thumb.png

Ch.2

post-9693-0-55891400-1389657391_thumb.png

Theres more info about the story and such on my main post which is in the hacking concepts section and is titled Fire Emblem- Project Juan.

Project Juan. I get it. Because Juan sounds like the number one and this is your first projHUEHUEHUEHEU HAW HAW HJBGHIUGNGLKNOUSHDFGLNUGIN

Here's what I'm working on as a future LP for Phobia. (Much like how prime made FE8MR for me, I'm passing the favor on to Phobia)

6k8Jd.png6k8K0.png

6k8KQ.png6k8LD.png

6k8Ms.png6k8N7.png

6jEB2.png

Edited by Klok

Project Juan. I get it. Because Juan sounds like the number one and this is your first projHUEHUEHUEHEU HAW HAW HJBGHIUGNGLKNOUSHDFGLNUGIN

Here's what I'm working on as a future LP for Phobia. (Much like how prime made FE8MR for me, I'm passing the favor on to Phobia)

6k8Jd.png6k8K0.png

6k8KQ.png6k8LD.png

6k8Ms.png6k8N7.png

6jEB2.png

And Serra, "loathed voilence". Like, LOL bruh, that's definitely not true!

• 1 month later...

I am working on this:
The Hero of Seas
The story is about an ambitious boy who must return home, find a magic mirror,
and attend a dance to evade an unwanted lover.
Things are complicated by the villain kidnapping the main character's sister.

[spoiler=Screenshots]

Wg4PJMA.pngXsC3GfL.png

Cg9Vupd.pnguALDnKj.png

mgmvQHQ.png

Note: Ingame, this is night. Also this map is from Prime's map pack.

Note: The title, names, story, etc, are all, and will be, generated by random generators.

Fun xD

Anyways, this is just to get me back into hacking.

Sounds great! We need more whimsical hacks.

and attend a dance to evade an unwanted lover.

In particular, I'm very much looking forward to this.

I'm not 'really' working on it, but I am currently developing a hack called, Realm of Dragons.

I am currently writing a fanfiction version of it if you wish to read it. I try to update it each week, but I do have a life to attend to, so it'll probably be every a week and half, or on a good mood... every three days.

I also have a gallery linked to it if you want to catch few hints and spoilers for the game. I often play this game of guess with people in IP Chat and in my own gallery thread or perhaps else where if my hack comes up.

The hack is basically about Idoun after the event of FE6, but the end event of FE6 is slightly altered to suit my own taste and add more twists to it. In this hack, Idoun will discover things about the world with the aid of our favorite, Mark, along with multiple returning and new characters. I'm certain you'll love the story, but as I have zero experience in making a game of that level, it'll probably be a long time until I can get a starting point with FEXNA which has yet to be publicly released. I'd love to beta test it myself, but...

in early preparation for my FE7 hack plans I managed to insert some new sounds and music for fluff, following the guides

you can hear the results so far here (no new chapter content, just sound)

maybe I should work on more important aspects first

Edited by Lamia

I'm curious, did you increase the volume of those sound effects at any point? It sounds like you increased the dB which isn't really a great method of doing it since it gets cut off. Also, did you insert the FE5 song as a WAV or as some sort of sequence? If it's a WAV you may get problems with the song continuing after battle music plays in which case it might be better to use a MIDI and import the instruments (which I have done and am offering to do and/or teach you how to do)

Edited by Agro

I'm curious, did you increase the volume of those sound effects at any point? It sounds like you increased the dB which isn't really a great method of doing it since it gets cut off. Also, did you insert the FE5 song as a WAV or as some sort of sequence? If it's a WAV you may get problems with the song continuing after battle music plays in which case it might be better to use a MIDI and import the instruments (which I have done and am offering to do and/or teach you how to do)

I make sure that the sound effects don't 'cut off' as you say, though they might be slightly too loud compared to the music

as for the wav-based track continuing, I don't really plan on making battle animations available so it's not really an issue, I find them unnecessary and inconsequential for my project and I don't have the time, effort, or desire required to modify battle animations, not just out of laziness, but more out of practicality

the only exception would be if there were a big boss showing up, but of what objectives I have so far, there isn't a need for one

Edited by Lamia

So.... I kind of want to try my hand at doing a hack of one of the GBA games, mostly using Evangelion characters. Because I initially had it as a fanfic idea, but I think it'd be really cool to have it playable instead of just... readable?

Now, I understand that 7 has the best support and understanding, but 8 has the Rogue and nonhuman classes (I have heard that Rogue can be imported to 7, but not sure about Manakete or the class I aim to derive from it)......8, IIRC, also has fewer chapters which could make things easier, ditto for only having two Lord characters (whom I can easily assign), and even IIRC fewer characters in general (which would be a help, since NGE doesn't have a ginormous cast) but then I'm not sure of what to do story-wise with the route split. If I used Blazing Sword, I'm reasonably sure I can crank out something to handle 'Lyn Mode', but then there comes a question of who I'd use for my third 'Lord' character to cover 'Hector Mode', and I'm not sure I'd even have anything special to add for HM anyway. Although maybe I could use it for a completely different storyline....?

Anyhow, the overarching plot would be an adaptation of the Evangelion anime, but remodeled for a Fire Emblem setting. Unlike the show and movie however, where it started with giant monsters and then a war against humans for the finale, I'd switch that around in keeping with Fire Emblem tradition. Have the protagonists be fighting against the SEELE-analogue nation/alliance/military at first, and then probably keep something like the Dragon plot as a substitute for the Angels.

Similarly, the characters would be remodeled for a Fire Emblem context. I already have most (if not all) of the NGE characters figured out on their classes, and some ideas for supports as well. As far as filling the gap between playable slots and EVA characters, one idea I've been considering is to borrow characters from other (probably mecha) anime. Like taking Naota (FLCL) as an axe-user, Viral (TTGL) as a Myrm/Swordmaster, that sort of thing. The other alternative would be to just use/remodel the appropriate Fire Emblem characters for those slots (probably end up being the case for Athos and other lategame units), and then I'd just have to work out Supports

I'm not at all against doing the bulk of the coding work myself, I'm just wondering if a) this is even a project worth doing, b) there might be anyone who'd like to help me toss ideas around, and c) where I might get the training and tools to carry out such a project.

I already found "The Ultimate Tutorial". It's.... kind of big, and while I'll probably end up needing to refer to it on more complicated things, perhaps there's something like a "Starter Kit" thread hanging around that I missed?