What are you working on?

NICKT™

In the meantime, this is another thing I'm working on, and making pretty good progress:

xmWkOtz.png

Yeah, all I'm showing so far is the title screen, but actually the programming is almost complete, and the assets are mostly in too.

Also, I can think of at least one bit of information about the game which you can deduce from this screenshot. (No, it's not the game's title.)

Is that Magvel?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! what do I win? Also, are you making a Fire Emblem game with your own engine?

Yes, I'm making a Fire Emblem game with my own engine. In Game Maker, no less.

And you win... uhh..... a proverbial cookie?

I'm working on a Rekka no Ken hack. This is what will be featured:
-Three main lords (two original and one returning character);
-There will be 22 playable characters recruited in the main chapter plus 4 in paralogues (all original);
-New classes (one similar to Laguz);
-New weapons;
-A story unrelated to all other FE games;
-A male dancer;
-Two diferent countries;
-No gender exclusive classes.
The story and supports conversations are almost done I just need to take care of the rest.

Edited by Yari Bryant

I'm so excited. When is the release?

It's not really that exciting. Since programming it from scratch took so much energy, I didn't bother with making many original assets, even less than the crappiest hacks do nowadays. Some mechanics are also missing, like supports. It looks like the GBA games, but plays more like Gaiden. Well, no, more like FE3, I guess.

Release is whenever it's finished. Which will be eventually.

...Actually, scratch that, release is Soon™.

Oh, speaking of which, I just got an idea. How would you feel if I added hidden Thracia-style supports?

I think it would be interesting if you added Thracia-style supports. If you can do it and you think it would make the player experience more enjoyable I say go for it.

It looks like a very interesting game so I'll play it once it's out.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to do an overhaul of the FE7 engine.

The story should have the basic premise of FE6, just put in the Napoleonic Era.

I'm still trying to plot the scale of the mod, but I'll see how this goes.

• 1 month later...

I have an actual written story that I have always felt would make a better FE game than a novel. I do not possess the means to actually create the game at the moment, but I have been busying myself with the one thing all video games need--GRAPHICS! Unfortunately, I'm not good at making FE portraits, and have mostly been relying on what other people gave me in the past for my rom hacks, and my own splicing attempts.

Also maps. I've been working on so many maps lately, I saw FE maps in my sleep last night. -_-;

• 2 months later...

I am currently working on my FEXP game The Bard and the Shepherd. I completed the dialogue this past summer, it just has to be inserted into the game. Right now I am rotating between three things: making custom mugs, map sprites and tilesets. I am trying to figure out the code as I go, but it is not easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting a non-hack project in rpgmaker. I plan on making the gameplay similar to Fire Emblem yet quite different, let's say reminiscent. I also want to add randomly-generated units.

Edited by Enaluxeme

I'm starting a non-hack project in rpgmaker. I plan on making the gameplay similar to Fire Emblem yet quite different, let's say reminiscent. I also want to add randomly-generated units.

If you want something to work off of, I used to use GubiD's tactical battle system for RMXP. Here is the link: http://www.gdunlimited.net/scripts/rpg-maker-xp/custom-battle-scripts/gtbs-gubid-s-tactical-battle-system

Check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Working on my fangame, Fire Emblem: Chalice of Dreams. As of the moment it's using FEXP, though I may transfer to FEXNA when Yeti does a public release on that. This game is an original story set in an original world (don't want to go into too much detail until I have a proper draft set up, as I have a habit of spoiling major details on accident), but ties in rather well with the rest of the series.

Simultaneously, I am doing what I am able to aid the good man, Shaman, in his endeavors as we tackle similarly complex projects with an outdated and abandoned engine that we strive to make usable.

What's that? You want screenshots of Chalice of Dreams to prove I'm not just bluffing? Well, I haven't much, as development is slow with only 1 man developing this game, but what I do have, I will share.

[spoiler=Screenshots]

e886e0ea7c35964144e5d9a272cb1a4c.png

Map of the Prologue

4260e491f7fba9241567991f41c37421.png

5cd808308f8996a5dfbf82b6fbb0bb19.png

A couple of Status Screens

And to prove that that lance really works . . .

5baed2ccc60a8f9dad3d369a130b1793.png

Yes, there is a lot of work left to do, a lot of graphics to update, and a lot of code to re-write. I'm doing the best I can with what I have, even if progress is incredibly slow. Thus why I haven't started my own thread yet. Soon, perhaps, but not yet. Also, just realized I had made Quinn's Affinity Thunder when it was supposed to be Wind. I'll be fixing that momentarily. Also working on coding in a Str/Mag split. Difficult stuff, but perhaps eventually doable. Working this out just takes patience, and a whole lot of trying to be positive.

• 4 weeks later...

here's yet another unnecessary addition to my project that I spent valuable time on that could have gone towards chapter progress, but I bet not too many think to make something special out of this mundane thing!!

meanwhile I haven't been working on my project because I'm far too busy playing videogames

Edited by Lamia

here's yet another unnecessary addition to my project that I spent valuable time on that could have gone towards chapter progress, but I bet not too many think to make something special out of this mundane thing!!

meanwhile I haven't been working on my project because I'm far too busy playing videogames

Falcoknights with Axes?!

wow_zps9hqrlgbl.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Non-hack, working on a FE battle simulator based on Awakening's battle mechanics. So far it's basically just a command-line battle calculator, but working on actual map interactions and stuff at the moment. Eventually looking to turn it into a full PvP multiplayer FE thing, where you can input an army and use it to fight another person's army directly. Have had fun working on it so far, and I'm really looking forward to where it's going.

• 2 weeks later...

Working on re-localizing the platonic S Supports of 2nd Gen characters Soleil and M/F Kana in Fates.

Soleil's S Supports are all incredibly sweet and cute, it's such a shame. I've only done Shiro and Seigbert's S Support with Kana but they seem a little... suspect. I totally understand why Treehouse changed Kana's just from those two alone.

Klokinator actually made a thread on FEU inspired by this thread. Here it is for those of you that are interested: http://feuniverse.us/t/fangames-what-are-you-working-on/663

Some more recent highlights include:

Pair Up Gifs!

Dual Attack Mockup Gif!

Female Great Lord Gif!

Checklists upon checklists!

A recreation of Cam's 2015 FEE3 entry in FE8!