What are you working on?

NICKT™

Klokinator actually made a thread on FEU inspired by this thread. Here it is for those of you that are interested: http://feuniverse.us/t/fangames-what-are-you-working-on/663

Some more recent highlights include:

Pair Up Gifs!

Dual Attack Mockup Gif!

Female Great Lord Gif!

Checklists upon checklists!

A recreation of Cam's 2015 FEE3 entry in FE8!

Me: *sees the pair up GIF*

is this what god feels like

Edited by Floral Pattern

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm going to get holidays very soon, I started thinking into some stuff for my future FE Hack: Plot, main lords and their data, dialogues, skills and other stuff I like to daydream about when I'm bored.

Writing this because maybe the hack will be a thing in the future and I'll leave this as foreshadowing :P

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like a bit of a ditz for not noticcing this topic before I made my own earlier today. But I am working on a rom hack of fire emblem 8. The idea is we're remaking awakening with a few years of hindsight so we can hopefully fix several faults that prevent people from enjoying the game. Once again my apologies about not noticing this topic sooner. I want to get a team of people who are passionate about the idea together so if youre interested in helping in any way no matter how slight PM me.

Edited by FE_Joshua

I'm trying to do a 24 chapters hack (main campaign) and I'm going to be using fe 7 as the base of my game, no hard mode since I'm too confused with coding at this point, and I'm going to leave the classes as they are (maybe change some class names and sprites). There will be archetypes and two lords (Jeigan, Est, Pegasus Sisters, Cain/Abel duo, etc). Is it possible to program the game in a way so when lyn dies it doesn't cause a game over? (or rather my female myrmidon, I'm using lyn's sprite and space for the female myrmidon)

EDIT: Can someone give me ideas on how to name my fan-game?

Edited by George Reds

• 1 month later...

Improving EA. Porting programs (tiled inserter, EA) to our very few Max/Linux users.

I'd just like to interject for a moment.  What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shellutilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it.  Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNUwhich is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.  Linux is the kernel: the program in the systemthat allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;it can only function in the context of a complete operating system.  Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole systemis basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux.  All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
Edited by thallium

0, on subject. Linux is an Operating System alone by definitions of, uh, common sense and also wikipedia.

1, on subject. I know from personal experience with IT/CS/engineers that nobody cares about the difference between the two.

2, on subject. You admit that Colorz's statement is accurate, because in the user still is harnessing Linux whether or not that's their actual OS (which it in fact is).

3, off subject. Why does your post not conform to width restraints of the page ("word wrap")? It trails off of the displayed area for seemingly no reason.

so WHYYYYYYYY

Edited by Bedimal Eliwan

To quote Linus Torvald:
"Well, I think it's justified, but it's justified if you actually make a GNU distribution of Linux ... the same way that I think that "Red Hat Linux" is fine, or "SuSE Linux" or "Debian Linux", because if you actually make your own distribution of Linux, you get to name the thing, but calling Linux in general "GNU Linux" I think is just ridiculous."

Either way, I'm working on writing language raw file definitions for the updated version of Nintenlord's event code Assembler for Fire Emblem games on GBA, edited and updated by Crazycolorz5, for use in writing Nintendo Game Boy Advance ARM7TDMI-compatible code in the THUMB instruction set of ARMv4. Or, simply, thumb in EA.

• 4 weeks later...

0, on subject. Linux is an Operating System alone by definitions of, uh, common sense and also wikipedia.

1, on subject. I know from personal experience with IT/CS/engineers that nobody cares about the difference between the two.

2, on subject. You admit that Colorz's statement is accurate, because in the user still is harnessing Linux whether or not that's their actual OS (which it in fact is).

3, off subject. Why does your post not conform to width restraints of the page ("word wrap")? It trails off of the displayed area for seemingly no reason.

so WHYYYYYYYY

<3

To quote Linus Torvald:

"Well, I think it's justified, but it's justified if you actually make a GNU distribution of Linux ... the same way that I think that "Red Hat Linux" is fine, or "SuSE Linux" or "Debian Linux", because if you actually make your own distribution of Linux, you get to name the thing, but calling Linux in general "GNU Linux" I think is just ridiculous."

Either way, I'm working on writing language raw file definitions for the updated version of Nintenlord's event code Assembler for Fire Emblem games on GBA, edited and updated by Crazycolorz5, for use in writing Nintendo Game Boy Advance ARM7TDMI-compatible code in the THUMB instruction set of ARMv4. Or, simply, thumb in EA.

but y tho

Oh, yeah, so what I'm working on.

in few words?

blowing minds.

I have decided on what it is I want to add to the FE hacking community and that is not full blown hacks. In fact I kind of hate the whole process of adding new mugs/story/new graphics and all that junk. I am going to try to finish my RV5 project and polishing moneyfest but other than that I am done.

Instead what I want to do is take design concepts and ideas and make them real. Then release it to the public so others see how I made it work and they can use it. So that way I won't have to bother coming up with excuses and half baked plots just to show off cool ideas I had and got working without ASM hacking.

Things like:

- using map changes due to weather or events

- new battle animations and what I can get away with, frame limits, moving standing frames, etc.

- new style in character designs/mugs

- complex enemy/npc AI manipulation to make it seem like they have their own tactician

- find news to create/edit converstations...maybe.

so yeah.

• 4 weeks later...

Working on a rebalance for Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis

Currently, I've reworked the stats on most playable classes, including Demi-humans, and special character classes. Also going through the encounter data, increasing enemy max levels, and giving them better equipment, as well as working in items and equipment that are lost without multiplayer data.

Still can't find any of the tables for weapon, spell, or shop data, though, which is slightly frustrating, but I don't necessarily need it. Can't get most of the NPC portraits to work as default portraits for classes, since they seem to be made up of multiple layers, and default class portraits seem to only allow for one? Also trying to figure out what makes Elrik and Euphaire's classes show up on their class tables, while no one else does. I wish there were more thorough notes on hacking this game, and trying to find this shit myself while working 40-50 hour work weeks is exhausting.

Nothing Fire Emblem related at the moment, since I keep starting projects and then quickly losing momentum.

Nothing Fire Emblem related at the moment, since I keep starting projects and then quickly losing momentum.

Me tbh.

I've played and really enjoyed TKOL, never finished it though.

Please add new classes or at least rename and spice up the old ones.

• 1 month later...

I'm working on a Fire Emblem hack right now that includes representations of myself and my friends as playable characters.
This is mostly a skill building project for me. I want to gain experience with planning and executing choices I make on game design,

and I want to be able to write characters flexibly and represent them as they're intended to be, the baseline in this case being my real world friends.

This gives me an opportunity to actually write them accurately because I have a real world reference instead of just a piece of paper.

As for the gameplay I want to make it a unique, fun, and challenging new experience while still maintaining that Fire Emblem feel.

• I want to implement a skill system that mirrors that of FE10, and has some elements and inspirations from Fates.
    • ​Personal Skills and innate skills are two different things. Personal skills cannot be removed, while innate skills can be removed and have a scroll obtained from them.
    • There will be a lot of scrolls throughout the game that will allow you to add skills to units
    • Occult/Mastery skills can be learned
  • Str/Mag split to include hybrid units.
  • 2nd tier caps now extend to 40, 1st tier caps are now at 25. 1st and 2nd tier can gain 25 levels each.
  • Units have different consistency ratings, which gives them more chances to have a minimum number of stat ups per level the higher their consistency is. (This is subject to change)
  • Various other changes

I'm working on the chapter progression outline at the moment and I have a very good idea of the story and it's setting. I would like help but I would assume this isn't the place to ask, haha :P:
Once I have a few chapters and a full outline completed I think I'll present the project properly. As for now, still hardcore in the planning phase. Best of luck to whatever you guys are working on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 6:56 PM, Lamia said:

finally getting some work done on my project... you know it's been in development for over 3 years? and I'm only like half done, SIGH

I've been working on mine since Fall 2009. Getting closed to finished though. This year is the year.

1 hour ago, Primefusion said:

I've been working on mine since Fall 2009. Getting closed to finished though. This year is the year.

"And we are set for the final release in 2030"

I'm (attempting to) make a Fates hack where Shigure will have his father's hair color like the other kids. Pretty sure he doesn't work like the other kids, so I'm editing his hair color and will hopefully be able to have a bunch of Shigure arc files lol. I'm pretty new to Fates romhacking and am not sure if this will even be possible, but I'm going to try to see if I can get something to work.